Gransnet forums

News & politics

It had to come; Farage bringing ICE advisor to UK

(89 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 21-Sept-26 08:06:58

Tom Homan - Trump’s hardline ICE advisor.

What else is there to say?

Maremia Wed 23-Sept-26 08:00:48

Just picking up on your comment, WithNobsOn It, about pensions, this morning's Guardian has an article about a think-tank linked to Reform UK, advocating the abolition of the state pension.
I wonder if most of the pensioners in Piddington have private ones?
If not, then support for Farage would be an own goal.

Cossy Wed 23-Sept-26 10:19:17

WithNobsOnIt 17:42 & 22:38

1) if you don’t think your post is “bizarre”, I can only suggest you re-read it.

2) I live in a very multi-cultural area, in the South East, we have extremely affluent areas right next to pockets of deprivation.

I had some empathy for the residents of Piddington until I was in possession of more “facts”.

“Facts” being that the army base has been near them for years, the fact that there’s also a prison fairly close by, the fact they “welcome” a far right ex-con, who’s (allegedly) found God, whilst concurrently encouraging protests, actually going out into the channel on a boat and slitting a rubber dinghy which didn’t have any migrants aboard, but which did have a rescue worker aboard!

Anyhow, once in Piddington a “neighbour” gave the full name and address of a lady, living in the village for 20 years, married to a black man, with mixed race children. She now fears for their safety in their own home.

I utterly condemn this kind of conduct and find him and his sad followers, completely deplorable and even their “dress” is intimidating. All male, all dressed in black, with balaclavas, to deliberately make it hard to identify them.

I find them cowardly and utterly pathetic.

I have no issue with them stating their “fears” and “anxieties”, after all we do have freedom of speech and democracy in our country still.

I take huge issue though with their conduct, their links to Yaxley-Lennon, or as he prefers to be known “Tommy Robinson”, their use of racist language, their aggressive demeanour, their utter and shameful ignorance.

All in the name of God and protecting us poor white women.

It’s utter balderdash.

StoneofDestiny Wed 23-Sept-26 10:19:38

Just when you think Farage and his entourage couldn’t get any worse! Why didn’t he just go to the USA since that was his initial ambition until Musk stuck his oar in. He’s always wanted to be with Trump and his vile vision for mankind.

Susieq62 Wed 23-Sept-26 10:49:01

Cossy a well said response

MrsMatt Thu 24-Sept-26 14:32:41

Mmmmm, Farage a wannabe best friend of Trump

JenniferEccles Thu 24-Sept-26 16:55:00

Meanwhile 781 migrants arrived here illegally, uninvited yesterday.

781 in one day.

Peacelilydilly Thu 24-Sept-26 17:02:18

1085 in 3 days on Reforms Small Boat watch which I wouldn't have known about until a poster advertised it on GN.

Peacelilydilly Thu 24-Sept-26 17:06:45

What I find strange is all the posts about Reform and Nigel Farage but not one thread about Burnham our new PM who has just come back from meeting Trump.

Maremia Thu 24-Sept-26 17:10:36

Feel free to start your own post Peacelilydilly, if you are so inclined.

Peacelilydilly Thu 24-Sept-26 17:42:23

I've no wish to start a thread about Andy Burnham I don't like him or Labour I just find it strange thread after thread about Nigel Farage and Reform but not a peep about Burnham meeting Trump or the Labour Party in general.

Grantanow Mon 28-Sept-26 09:44:52

Shows what Reform would be like in government. Don't let Farage get into No. 10.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 28-Sept-26 09:48:00

Peacelilydilly

I've no wish to start a thread about Andy Burnham I don't like him or Labour I just find it strange thread after thread about Nigel Farage and Reform but not a peep about Burnham meeting Trump or the Labour Party in general.

Burnham as the U.K. PM will meet all the world leaders.

What on earth is there to say??

Maremia Mon 28-Sept-26 16:50:30

Perhaps because there is so much to complain about with Farage?