Gransnet forums

Games

NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread

(135 Posts)
Wyllow3 Mon 20-Jul-26 14:14:23

Carrying on the limerick left at close of play 1000 posts:

A small gerbil would be quite cheap
A very small pet for to keep
A bit like a rat
But they get very fat

hollysteers Thu 08-Oct-26 19:52:50

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith
A AI style bot
He felt such a clot
But it really looked real, he saith.

There was an old cobbler in Troon

Magenta8 Thu 08-Oct-26 20:44:13

There was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon

Shel1951 Fri 09-Oct-26 07:56:25

There was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon
Climbed onto the roof

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 09-Oct-26 08:39:54

There was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon
Climbed onto the roof
Where he felt so aloof

Indigo8 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:28:49

there was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon
Climbed onto the roof
Where he felt aloof
But then he went into a swoon

He awoke, the moon seemed so near

Crocus5 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:39:42

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I’ve nothings to fear

GoldenLady Fri 09-Oct-26 15:21:21

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I’ve nothings to fear
I'll get rid of these shoes

hollysteers Fri 09-Oct-26 16:43:51

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I’ve nothing to fear
I’ll get rid of these shoes
I’ve nothing to lose

Magenta8 Fri 09-Oct-26 19:44:26

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I've nothing to fear
I'll get rid of these shoes
I've nothing to loose
I'll do no more cobbling this year

I have just baked a birthday cake