Gransnet forums

Chat

What's next for Meghan and Harry?

(63 Posts)
MarieElla Tue 06-Oct-26 10:17:09

This is not a pile on/hate thread, more like I started it out of idle curiosity.
I find these two very entertaining.
They had it all, fame, money...etc. and threw it all away.
So, what do we think they should do next?

MT62 Tue 06-Oct-26 10:27:31

I don’t know. Why are they back over here anyway?
Still like Harry, I don’t truely think he’s happy with her.

Cossy Tue 06-Oct-26 10:32:02

My hope for them is that they both realise they cocked up, that they concentrate on their beautiful children, try and make amends and move forward.

I’ve always liked Harry, I have no real issue or interest in Meghan and I hope they can be self sufficient, make some cash in a non-offensive way and simply move forward.

I don’t find them entertaining, and I find their current situation quite sad.

Joanofarc99 Tue 06-Oct-26 10:42:03

MT62

I don’t know. Why are they back over here anyway?
Still like Harry, I don’t truely think he’s happy with her.

They are probably back here for content for a documentary on Diana. They'll b filming at locations Diana frequented
I think its as simple as that. They have no intention of staying in UK. It's just to make more millions off the back of his mother.
He doesn't have anything else to sell other than his royal connections. Its sad to see how he's turned out and how nasty he can be.

MarieElla Tue 06-Oct-26 10:53:25

It is very surprising that Meghan agreed to move back here after all the 'trauma' living here caused her!
But, it looks like she is only boarding here while continuing her As Ever business in the US.
They would be well advised to issue a statement of apology to the Royal family. I am sure there were faults on both sides, but they did the most damage by their OW interview and Spare book.

CarrotTop Tue 06-Oct-26 10:56:36

I don't think they've thrown much away - nothing they were desperate to keep, anyway. It seems to me that they still live an up-market enough life, always in the public eye and dripping with silly money. Joe & Josephine Public seem to be gagging to see every tiny snippet of information about them (whether or not it's true doesn't seem to matter, just as long as it occupies a prominent position in the headlines). That's seen by many nowadays as the ideal lifestyle! There are countless celebs also hankering after the same, and countless unknowns aspiring to a life of Big Bucks and/or notoriety. H&M still have that, they just don't occupy a place in the hearts of the Royals. It strikes me that they're intentionally playing a long game, throwing away the bits they want throw away, yet climbing steadily up the charts of People Other People Want To Know About.

MarieElla Tue 06-Oct-26 11:05:46

True CarrotTop...not many high achieving people want to be associated with them.
They don't get invited to any big events either.
...nor any Royal events.
I think they are impulsive rather than capable of playing the long game. This is proved by how often they contradict themselves/lie.
They have a comfortable lifestyle, but they want much more than that.
It is mind boggling how a couple had it all could throw it away so spectacularly.

Cossy Tue 06-Oct-26 11:06:53

MarieElla

It is very surprising that Meghan agreed to move back here after all the 'trauma' living here caused her!
But, it looks like she is only boarding here while continuing her As Ever business in the US.
They would be well advised to issue a statement of apology to the Royal family. I am sure there were faults on both sides, but they did the most damage by their OW interview and Spare book.

I completely agree.

Charleygirl5 Tue 06-Oct-26 23:11:24

I also agree with MarieElla and I would put money on the fact they will be settled in America by Easter unless Harry has visa problems and Trump may not allow him in.

nanna8 Wed 07-Oct-26 01:12:35

I think Meghan will spend a lot of time in the US but I am not so sure about Harry. I think they probably returned for him and his mental wellbeing. Hopefully he might swallow his pride and perhaps apologise to his family. Wouldn’t hold my breath,though. A nice part time job for him wouldn’t go astray but not sure where his skills are or what he would be interested in.

Bukkie Wed 07-Oct-26 01:46:55

I am not sure what or why but I do think there must be a reason they came back to the UK. Only last year they considered it unsafe and a security risk. I have always liked Harry and now I feel sorry for him. He is being manipulated and controlled by a narcissistic.

David49 Wed 07-Oct-26 06:01:19

So far there has been no little drama and H&M seem to be settling down, I hope that continues and the children can get a stable education.
The celebrity lifestyle in the US seems to have worn out very quickly

Purplepixie Wed 07-Oct-26 06:07:28

I have always liked Harry and wish he had never met her but he has two beautiful children and hope he’s happy. Also hope that they get back into the royal circle with his dad and brother.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 08:31:42

I liked Harry too but I think he was very protected by the RF. The 'cheeky chappy' persona was always on show until he left the RF and his true colours came out, encouraged by Meghan, indeed and also due to him being besotted by her.
They are a bad combination imo, and bring out the worse in each other.

greyfur16 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:38:48

I think they will put £100 in envelopes and spread kindness.

nanna8 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:17:31

MarieElla

I liked Harry too but I think he was very protected by the RF. The 'cheeky chappy' persona was always on show until he left the RF and his true colours came out, encouraged by Meghan, indeed and also due to him being besotted by her.
They are a bad combination imo, and bring out the worse in each other.

Yes, I think you are spot on there.

Bukkie Wed 07-Oct-26 09:28:14

MarieElla

I liked Harry too but I think he was very protected by the RF. The 'cheeky chappy' persona was always on show until he left the RF and his true colours came out, encouraged by Meghan, indeed and also due to him being besotted by her.
They are a bad combination imo, and bring out the worse in each other.

I completely agree. She wanted fame and fortune and had been rebuffed by a couple of premier league footballers. Despite MM claiming she knew nothing about the Royal Family, Diana and Harry I think the blind date was completely engineered and she saw gullible Harry as her prey. In has been shown over and over again thar the minute Meghan no longer has a use for a person they are cruelly dumped.

petra Wed 07-Oct-26 09:38:16

greyfur16

I think they will put £100 in envelopes and spread kindness.

Seriously 😂
That was a joke, wasn’t it 🤷‍♀️

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 09:38:38

Despite being told many times, I think M totally misread what her role in the RF would be.

She could have been a great asset and been friends with William and Catherine.

Personally, and I don’t know her at all, I do think she keeps her friends close and has a few very long standing friends, she clearly loves her mother and her children.

She has still not managed to “find her place”, and frankly appeared more suited to being an actress.

Who knows what will happen next.

They both need to keep their heads firmly down, behave well in public and live their lives with their children.

According to the “gossip rags”, their cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie, have “dumped” them in favour of grovelling around William, so that their own position and “grace and favour” properties are maintained.

In my very humble opinion, they are all as bad as each other.

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 09:43:18

I reckon it's way over Harry's sell by date, relationshipwise, but she needs him to be considered Royal and if she dumps him and it turns into a nasty divorce she'll lose her only claim to fame as I'm sure the RF will completely freeze her out, even more so than they did to Sarah Ferguson.
Harry has a slim chance of a relationship with his family IF he apologises sincerely.

petra Wed 07-Oct-26 09:43:33

David49

So far there has been no little drama and H&M seem to be settling down, I hope that continues and the children can get a stable education.
The celebrity lifestyle in the US seems to have worn out very quickly

There might be no little drama for them but this priest is getting it in the neck from Meghans fans.

www.ibtimes.co.uk/meghan-markle-112-advent-calendar-priest-row-1824139

MarieElla Wed 07-Oct-26 10:01:51

Their fans are awful!!

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 10:11:18

MarieElla

Their fans are awful!!

Well perhaps this priest should have refrained from directly and publicly criticising M’s calendar in such a way.

Personally I wouldn’t pay that price for a chocolate advent calendar, but there are many other advent slanders on the market which are far more expensive than this one

I completely agree that Christmas has lost its “true” meaning to many and is so ludicrously over-commercialised. But no-one is forcing us to buy M’s advent calendar, nor anything else from her range of goods.

Perhaps priests should concentrate on putting their own houses in order, before criticising others.

I don’t condone M’s so called “fans0 being abusive online either.

None of it is in the spirit of Christmas, in my opinion, not her calendar, not the priest’s comments not her followers abuse.

Luckygirl3 Wed 07-Oct-26 10:13:41

They have not thrown anything away. They have made reasoned choices about what they value and what is right for their family.

Maybe the things that you think they have thrown away are not the things that they want .....

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 10:19:22

petra

David49

So far there has been no little drama and H&M seem to be settling down, I hope that continues and the children can get a stable education.
The celebrity lifestyle in the US seems to have worn out very quickly

There might be no little drama for them but this priest is getting it in the neck from Meghans fans.

www.ibtimes.co.uk/meghan-markle-112-advent-calendar-priest-row-1824139

Goodness, what nasty people those 'fans' of Meghan are.
When a priest just mildly suggests a much cheaper alternative Advent calendar, showing the true meaning of Christmas, he is trolled and called vile names by these so-called fans.

'Rather than simply criticising the product, French pointed his followers towards a £5.99 Christian Advent calendar from the Meaningful Chocolate Company. He highlighted that the cheaper calendar contains Fairtrade chocolate, supports The Leprosy Mission and includes a booklet explaining the meaning of Christmas.'

Who would pay £112 for a calendar which is just a symbol of the commercialisation of Christmas anyway?