Gransnet forums

Games

NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread

(134 Posts)
Wyllow3 Mon 20-Jul-26 14:14:23

Carrying on the limerick left at close of play 1000 posts:

A small gerbil would be quite cheap
A very small pet for to keep
A bit like a rat
But they get very fat

hollysteers Fri 09-Oct-26 16:43:51

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I’ve nothing to fear
I’ll get rid of these shoes
I’ve nothing to lose

GoldenLady Fri 09-Oct-26 15:21:21

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I’ve nothings to fear
I'll get rid of these shoes

Crocus5 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:39:42

He awoke, the moon seemed so near
He thought, I’ve nothings to fear

Indigo8 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:28:49

there was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon
Climbed onto the roof
Where he felt aloof
But then he went into a swoon

He awoke, the moon seemed so near

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 09-Oct-26 08:39:54

There was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon
Climbed onto the roof
Where he felt so aloof

Shel1951 Fri 09-Oct-26 07:56:25

There was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon
Climbed onto the roof

Magenta8 Thu 08-Oct-26 20:44:13

There was an old cobbler in Troon
Who tried hard to fly to the moon

hollysteers Thu 08-Oct-26 19:52:50

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith
A AI style bot
He felt such a clot
But it really looked real, he saith.

There was an old cobbler in Troon

Shel1951 Thu 08-Oct-26 15:41:31

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith
An A-I style bot
He felt such a clot

Shel1951 Thu 08-Oct-26 15:40:55

He felt such a clot

GoldenLady Thu 08-Oct-26 15:17:00

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith
An A-I style bot

SpinDriftCoastal Wed 07-Oct-26 10:43:22

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith

hollysteers Tue 06-Oct-26 18:25:08

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill
I can see for miles
Over bridges and stiles
Hand in hand with my darling Bill.

A vicar renounced his old faith

GoldenLady Tue 06-Oct-26 18:02:04

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill
I can see for miles
Over bridges and stiles

Magenta8 Tue 06-Oct-26 14:49:11

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill
I can see for miles

SpinDriftCoastal Mon 05-Oct-26 20:00:02

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill

hollysteers Mon 05-Oct-26 18:50:04

We’ll not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died
We will still be quite warm
And hide from the storm
All storms and wild weather we ride.

The countryside calls to me still

MollyNew Sun 04-Oct-26 20:41:50

We'll not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died
We will still be quite warm
And hide from the storm

GoldenLady Sun 04-Oct-26 15:39:01

Well not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died
We will still be quite warm

hollysteers Sat 03-Oct-26 01:12:17

Well not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died

Magenta8 Fri 02-Oct-26 19:53:05

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug
With Eleanor Glyn
And a bottle of gin
Then we'll drink from an old tin mug

We'll not mind the weather outside

Shel1951 Fri 02-Oct-26 14:38:28

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug
With Eleanor Glyn
And a bottle of gin

hollysteers Thu 01-Oct-26 16:52:51

Sorry, Elinor

hollysteers Thu 01-Oct-26 16:51:39

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug
With Eleanor Glyn

crazyH Thu 01-Oct-26 14:52:03

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug