Gransnet forums

Games

NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread

(135 Posts)
Wyllow3 Mon 20-Jul-26 14:14:23

Carrying on the limerick left at close of play 1000 posts:

A small gerbil would be quite cheap
A very small pet for to keep
A bit like a rat
But they get very fat

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 29-Sept-26 12:02:37

The icy wind blew in my face
As I crossed the open snow space

hollysteers Wed 30-Sept-26 13:44:17

The icy wind blew in my face
As I crossed the open snow space
I wish I’d worn more

poppysmum Wed 30-Sept-26 14:44:18

the icy wind blew in my face
as i crossed the open snow space
i wish i'd worn more
as i reached my front door

GoldenLady Wed 30-Sept-26 15:18:49

the icy wind blew in my face
as i crossed the open snow space
i wish i'd worn more
as i reached my front door
oh why did I enter this race?

Autumn is here, at long last!

hollysteers Wed 30-Sept-26 15:32:29

Autumn is here, at long last
Heralding winter’s cold blasts

MollyNew Wed 30-Sept-26 18:19:32

Autumn is here, at long last
Heralding winter's cold blasts
The clocks will go back

GoldenLady Thu 01-Oct-26 14:29:29

Autumn is here, at long last
Heralding winter's cold blasts
The clocks will go back
Hot meals we'll attack

Magenta8 Thu 01-Oct-26 14:49:17

Autumn is here, at long last
Heralding winter's cold blasts
The clocks will go back
Hot meals we'll attack
Stay inside 'til the worst is past

We will cuddle up nice and snug

crazyH Thu 01-Oct-26 14:52:03

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug

hollysteers Thu 01-Oct-26 16:51:39

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug
With Eleanor Glyn

hollysteers Thu 01-Oct-26 16:52:51

Sorry, Elinor

Shel1951 Fri 02-Oct-26 14:38:28

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug
With Eleanor Glyn
And a bottle of gin

Magenta8 Fri 02-Oct-26 19:53:05

We will cuddle up nice and snug
By the coal fire on a rug
With Eleanor Glyn
And a bottle of gin
Then we'll drink from an old tin mug

We'll not mind the weather outside

hollysteers Sat 03-Oct-26 01:12:17

Well not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died

GoldenLady Sun 04-Oct-26 15:39:01

Well not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died
We will still be quite warm

MollyNew Sun 04-Oct-26 20:41:50

We'll not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died
We will still be quite warm
And hide from the storm

hollysteers Mon 05-Oct-26 18:50:04

We’ll not mind the weather outside
Even when the coal fire has died
We will still be quite warm
And hide from the storm
All storms and wild weather we ride.

The countryside calls to me still

SpinDriftCoastal Mon 05-Oct-26 20:00:02

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill

Magenta8 Tue 06-Oct-26 14:49:11

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill
I can see for miles

GoldenLady Tue 06-Oct-26 18:02:04

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill
I can see for miles
Over bridges and stiles

hollysteers Tue 06-Oct-26 18:25:08

The countryside calls to me still
As I stand atop the ancient hill
I can see for miles
Over bridges and stiles
Hand in hand with my darling Bill.

A vicar renounced his old faith

SpinDriftCoastal Wed 07-Oct-26 10:43:22

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith

GoldenLady Thu 08-Oct-26 15:17:00

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith
An A-I style bot

Shel1951 Thu 08-Oct-26 15:40:55

He felt such a clot

Shel1951 Thu 08-Oct-26 15:41:31

A vicar renounced his old faith
When he saw a mysterious wraith
An A-I style bot
He felt such a clot