Gransnet forums

Games

NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread

(135 Posts)
Wyllow3 Mon 20-Jul-26 14:14:23

Carrying on the limerick left at close of play 1000 posts:

A small gerbil would be quite cheap
A very small pet for to keep
A bit like a rat
But they get very fat

GoldenLady Tue 22-Sept-26 15:00:16

It was just difficult to heat
I had such thick socks on my feet
Time to travel down south

crazyH Tue 22-Sept-26 16:03:01

It was just difficult to heat
I had such thick socks on my feet
Time to travel down south
How about Plymouth ?

hollysteers Tue 22-Sept-26 18:59:44

It was just difficult to heat
I had such thick socks on my feet
Time to travel south
How about Plymouth?
Yes there my good ship I will meet.

A wanderer I’ll always be

Magenta8 Tue 22-Sept-26 20:32:31

A wanderer always I'll be
Travelling over land and sea

GoldenLady Wed 23-Sept-26 15:39:42

A wanderer always I'll be
Travelling over land and sea
I find it exciting

hollysteers Wed 23-Sept-26 17:44:50

A wanderer always I’ll be
Travelling over land and sea
I find it exciting
All lands inviting

libra10 Wed 23-Sept-26 17:48:44

A wanderer always I’ll be
Travelling over land and sea
I find it exciting
All lands inviting
I'm sure, we all agree.

SpinDriftCoastal Thu 24-Sept-26 11:12:59

Sorry, have to start a new one, nothing started above.

Today I was out in the sun

Magenta8 Thu 24-Sept-26 12:10:24

Today I was out in the sun
Playing ball and having some fun

GoldenLady Thu 24-Sept-26 14:18:15

Today I was out in the sun
Playing ball and having some fun
When I got a surprise

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 16:43:39

Today I was out in the sun
Playing ball and having some fun
When I got a surprise
A thick cloud of flies

Shel1951 Fri 25-Sept-26 08:33:45

Today I was out in the sun
Playing ball and having some fun
When I got a surprise
A thick cloud of flies
Descended on the head of my mum

The clown with the very large nose

jamespatterson Fri 25-Sept-26 08:42:07

I sat down with a hot cup of fresh coffee expecting a cozy, relaxing morning card game, but after getting hit with a stacked +12 penalty in this Uno Game. uno-online.io/

Magenta8 Fri 25-Sept-26 08:50:22

The clown with the very large nose
In red from his head to his toes

GoldenLady Fri 25-Sept-26 18:47:35

The clown with the very large nose
In red from his head to his toes
Tripped on his own feet

hollysteers Fri 25-Sept-26 19:50:58

The clown with the very large nose
In red from his head to his toes
Tripped on his own feet
His act was so neat

crazyH Fri 25-Sept-26 20:21:56

The clown with the very large nose
In red from his head to his toes
Tripped on his own feet
His act was so neat
They’re really the stars of the shows

Pippa joined the circus last year

Shel1951 Sat 26-Sept-26 08:15:38

Pippa joined the circus last year
Her mother aghast shed a tear

SpinDriftCoastal Sat 26-Sept-26 09:01:22

Pippa joined the circus last year
Her mother aghast shed a tear
She swung on the trapeze

hollysteers Sat 26-Sept-26 09:49:46

Pippa joined the circus last year
Her mother aghast shed a tear
She swung on the trapeze
And thought it a breeze

GoldenLady Sat 26-Sept-26 14:58:58

Pippa joined the circus last year
Her mother aghast shed a tear
She swung on the trapeze
And thought it a breeze
She's dating the clown, though, I fear.

They've got a routine that is funny

Magenta8 Sat 26-Sept-26 21:48:29

They've got a routine that is funny
Played with a dog and a bunny

hollysteers Sun 27-Sept-26 10:56:50

They’ve got a routine that is funny
Played with a dog and a bunny
I think they’re too strict

GoldenLady Mon 28-Sept-26 20:02:35

They’ve got a routine that is funny
Played with a dog and a bunny
I think they’re too strict
So out they were kicked

Magenta8 Tue 29-Sept-26 11:45:06

They've got a routine that is funny
Played with a dog and a bunny
I think they're too strict
So out they were kicked
And were not paid any money

The icy wind blew in my face