Gransnet forums

Chat

Ruler Of The World (lighthearted)

(65 Posts)
Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 15:49:21

gringrin

On another thread, someone said (in jest), when I’m ruler of the world I’d ……

So if and when you’re ruler of the world, what will you do?

My first move will be to ban all adverts which upset or annoy me, including, but not limited to, Pee Pants, all to do with poo, the adverts for cremations, and those that feel we need to know about their “gush moments”.

Then I’d pass a law about carrier bags which suddenly split or dig deep into one’s palms (even bags for life).

And I’d employ dog wardens everywhere to pick up dog poo and post back through the owners letterboxes, when said owners don’t pick it up.

Finally I’d make non-alcoholic wine taste nice!

How about you??

Macaydia Thu 08-Oct-26 20:24:36

Macaydia

I would ban any male authority over females and children, in all aspects of life and work.

...this includes Prime Ministers, Presidents and Dictators.

EkwaNimitee Thu 08-Oct-26 21:18:44

I agree with a lot of this. I’ll add banning industrial farming and fishing, no couple to have more than 2 children, I’d have laws to prevent rich folk from paying their fair share by using tax avoidance etc. I wouldn’t despoil the moon with loathsome people, rocket them straight into the sun!
Oh, and I’d ban ties!

Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 21:23:16

Oreo

I would degree that iced doughnuts would henceforth contain no calories.
That half the population of the world were sent to colonise another planet.
That every town and city centre contained a beautiful sculpture and fountain ( as in other European countries)
Plus plentiful benches.
That dog owners and their pooches must only sit outside pubs cafes and restaurants.Living dangerously on here now aren’t I?😁

I could live with all that! Especially the doughnuts!

Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 21:24:01

EkwaNimitee

I agree with a lot of this. I’ll add banning industrial farming and fishing, no couple to have more than 2 children, I’d have laws to prevent rich folk from paying their fair share by using tax avoidance etc. I wouldn’t despoil the moon with loathsome people, rocket them straight into the sun!
Oh, and I’d ban ties!

Oh no!! What about those who already have more than two children 😱😱😂🤣😂

Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 21:25:33

Peaseblossom

I would ban AI. It's scary I would ban the last 50 years, because things are a lot worse than they used to be when I was in my early 20s. I would ban mobile phones because they are like Pandora's box. They have become too powerful and often used for horrible purposes. I would ban cars that go over 70 miles an hour. There are far too many accidents, especially caused by show off boy racers

👍👍👍👍

Cossy Thu 08-Oct-26 21:28:22

Pippa22

Cossy must continually think of things to contribute to, on all subjects. She always has ideas.

Just too much time stuck indoors with DD’s sausage dogs who were never trained to be left alone, so neighbours complained despite flowers and apologies, so council contacted (by said neighbour)

Iam64 Thu 08-Oct-26 21:38:25

Great thread Cossy and some excellent suggestions that should be legislated for

I’d ban any pornography or images of children being sexually abused from the internet or mobile devices
My dog addiction is no secret but I agree with Oreo about banning dogs from restaurants or pubs. I was in a really excellent restaurant and good pubs for meals last weekend. Awful yappy dogs, constantly drawing attention to themselves rather than lie under the table like Good Dogs

I’d ban whingeing and moaning and encourage a more positive smiley approach to life (unless your badly behaved, yappy snappy dog was irritating

charliebb Fri 09-Oct-26 06:20:39

I totally agree with you Cossy. I would also add how annoying too much packaging can be and how one has to fight one's way into so many items today.

Janetashbolt Fri 09-Oct-26 08:59:32

Having done canvassing I always swore I'd make every house have a eluminated house number you could see from the street. I also like the idea I've seen in the US of painting house numbers on the kerb

TheWeirdoAgain60 Fri 09-Oct-26 10:09:44

Cossy, this is a brilliant post; thank you!

If I were Ruler of the World, I'd ...

Make 100% sure that all abused and abandoned animals, birds and so on get a brilliant, loving home for life, and make sure ALL animal abusers/killers, regardless of age, gender, social status, excuses, etc., are sent to be hanged for their twisted crimes.

Ban all adverts, including in emails, advertising Mother/Father Day, Christmas, Halloween, etc., until the 1st of the actual month they fall on, so nobody will be bombarded with and bored by them 3 or 4 months in advance!

I'd force all ableists - those who hate disabled people and discriminate against them - to be stuck in a wheelchair, with calipers and a neck brace for a year while in public so they can know what it's like for those with disabilities, discriminated against, laughed at, refused jobs and so on.

I know it's a natural thing, Mother Nature, so there's nothing I could do about it, but if I could, I'd get rid of all heatwaves. I don't mean general Summer types, but those monstrous, burn-your-skin-off, bone-melting ones we've had recently.

MollyNew Fri 09-Oct-26 11:25:45

I would confiscate driving licences from any motorist who doesn't indicate when overtaking on the motorway.

I would make suncream free for all redheads as it is vital to our wellbeing.

I would make Malteser Easter bunnies calorie free.

Willow11 Fri 09-Oct-26 11:48:56

I'd make sure that presenters say the word THREE and not free for the number 3.

Jaxjacky Fri 09-Oct-26 11:52:35

I’d make all teeth and gums designed to never get diseased or need any work at all ever (sorry dentists).
I’d fine people whose animals escape from their houses/gardens, heavily, ban dogs from anywhere supplying drink or food and ban extender leads.

CarrotTop Fri 09-Oct-26 12:02:12

BANNED FOREVER (IT'S ALL PACKAGING):
1. Pills in blister packs
2. Paper labels on tins with the grain running the wrong way so they'll only peel off in shreds
3. Lids on plastic bottle which are tightened by machines and need a set of pliers to remove
4. Come to think of it, all plastic bottles, lids and all
5. Coconuts wrapped in polythene
6. Shrink-wrapped cheese
7. Jars so full that they will not open, ever, without spilling liquid
I could go on...... (and frequently do)