BANNED FOREVER (IT'S ALL PACKAGING):
1. Pills in blister packs
2. Paper labels on tins with the grain running the wrong way so they'll only peel off in shreds
3. Lids on plastic bottle which are tightened by machines and need a set of pliers to remove
4. Come to think of it, all plastic bottles, lids and all
5. Coconuts wrapped in polythene
6. Shrink-wrapped cheese
7. Jars so full that they will not open, ever, without spilling liquid
I could go on...... (and frequently do)
Gransnet forums
Chat
Ruler Of The World (lighthearted)
(65 Posts)

On another thread, someone said (in jest), when I’m ruler of the world I’d ……
So if and when you’re ruler of the world, what will you do?
My first move will be to ban all adverts which upset or annoy me, including, but not limited to, Pee Pants, all to do with poo, the adverts for cremations, and those that feel we need to know about their “gush moments”.
Then I’d pass a law about carrier bags which suddenly split or dig deep into one’s palms (even bags for life).
And I’d employ dog wardens everywhere to pick up dog poo and post back through the owners letterboxes, when said owners don’t pick it up.
Finally I’d make non-alcoholic wine taste nice!
How about you??
I’d make all teeth and gums designed to never get diseased or need any work at all ever (sorry dentists).
I’d fine people whose animals escape from their houses/gardens, heavily, ban dogs from anywhere supplying drink or food and ban extender leads.
I'd make sure that presenters say the word THREE and not free for the number 3.
I would confiscate driving licences from any motorist who doesn't indicate when overtaking on the motorway.
I would make suncream free for all redheads as it is vital to our wellbeing.
I would make Malteser Easter bunnies calorie free.
Cossy, this is a brilliant post; thank you!
If I were Ruler of the World, I'd ...
Make 100% sure that all abused and abandoned animals, birds and so on get a brilliant, loving home for life, and make sure ALL animal abusers/killers, regardless of age, gender, social status, excuses, etc., are sent to be hanged for their twisted crimes.
Ban all adverts, including in emails, advertising Mother/Father Day, Christmas, Halloween, etc., until the 1st of the actual month they fall on, so nobody will be bombarded with and bored by them 3 or 4 months in advance!
I'd force all ableists - those who hate disabled people and discriminate against them - to be stuck in a wheelchair, with calipers and a neck brace for a year while in public so they can know what it's like for those with disabilities, discriminated against, laughed at, refused jobs and so on.
I know it's a natural thing, Mother Nature, so there's nothing I could do about it, but if I could, I'd get rid of all heatwaves. I don't mean general Summer types, but those monstrous, burn-your-skin-off, bone-melting ones we've had recently.
Having done canvassing I always swore I'd make every house have a eluminated house number you could see from the street. I also like the idea I've seen in the US of painting house numbers on the kerb
I totally agree with you Cossy. I would also add how annoying too much packaging can be and how one has to fight one's way into so many items today.
Great thread Cossy and some excellent suggestions that should be legislated for
I’d ban any pornography or images of children being sexually abused from the internet or mobile devices
My dog addiction is no secret but I agree with Oreo about banning dogs from restaurants or pubs. I was in a really excellent restaurant and good pubs for meals last weekend. Awful yappy dogs, constantly drawing attention to themselves rather than lie under the table like Good Dogs
I’d ban whingeing and moaning and encourage a more positive smiley approach to life (unless your badly behaved, yappy snappy dog was irritating
Pippa22
Cossy must continually think of things to contribute to, on all subjects. She always has ideas.
Just too much time stuck indoors with DD’s sausage dogs who were never trained to be left alone, so neighbours complained despite flowers and apologies, so council contacted (by said neighbour)
Peaseblossom
I would ban AI. It's scary I would ban the last 50 years, because things are a lot worse than they used to be when I was in my early 20s. I would ban mobile phones because they are like Pandora's box. They have become too powerful and often used for horrible purposes. I would ban cars that go over 70 miles an hour. There are far too many accidents, especially caused by show off boy racers
👍👍👍👍
EkwaNimitee
I agree with a lot of this. I’ll add banning industrial farming and fishing, no couple to have more than 2 children, I’d have laws to prevent rich folk from paying their fair share by using tax avoidance etc. I wouldn’t despoil the moon with loathsome people, rocket them straight into the sun!
Oh, and I’d ban ties!
Oh no!! What about those who already have more than two children 😱😱😂🤣😂
Oreo
I would degree that iced doughnuts would henceforth contain no calories.
That half the population of the world were sent to colonise another planet.
That every town and city centre contained a beautiful sculpture and fountain ( as in other European countries)
Plus plentiful benches.
That dog owners and their pooches must only sit outside pubs cafes and restaurants.Living dangerously on here now aren’t I?😁
I could live with all that! Especially the doughnuts!
I agree with a lot of this. I’ll add banning industrial farming and fishing, no couple to have more than 2 children, I’d have laws to prevent rich folk from paying their fair share by using tax avoidance etc. I wouldn’t despoil the moon with loathsome people, rocket them straight into the sun!
Oh, and I’d ban ties!
Macaydia
I would ban any male authority over females and children, in all aspects of life and work.
...this includes Prime Ministers, Presidents and Dictators.
Nanny27
I’d also like to ban car park apps. No two car parks seem to use the same app so you pop into a nearby town and spend the first goodness knows how long downloading the relevant app so you can pay.
I agree with that 100%
I would ban any male authority over females and children, in all aspects of life and work.
I would like to ban bad health of any kind especially really bad illnesses. Ban protest marches of any ilk! Ban trouble making dictators of any country. I would also like to ban my nasty trouble causing neighbour from being able to see into my garden spying each time I go to feed my small birds. Sure she is just waiting for me to drop one crumb of food near a pigeon so she can complain again! Lots of other things need banning but then we would have nothing to moan about would we?
Cossy must continually think of things to contribute to, on all subjects. She always has ideas.
I would like to ban all power tools, or make it mandatory for them to have a silencer. House next door being completely re-built, we are in month 7 of 10 and its hell. Power tools all day, every day. Why are they so noisy? Motorbikes nearly as bad. I swear people in this neighbourhood were riding round and round in circles most of the night all summer. Fireworks will be allowed, but only if they dont make a loud noise. No giant rockets, or things that sound like World War 3. As you can see I long for a bit of peace and quiet.
This is a fun one.
I would ban everybody who thinks l love their dog slobbering over me from ever being in slobbering distance.
I would ban people talking on their mobiles loudly in public places especially on speakerphone.
Christmas in September banned and Easter in January.
Parents ignoring children to talk inanely on mobiles.
Children being allowed their own seat on buses whilst elderly have to stand.
I would pass a law that all toys had to be made of natural materials, that parents get to parent, and not work full time, that January be totally canceled,and if anybody says "Can I get a Latte" a huge claxon goes off and everybody laughs.
I’d also like to ban car park apps. No two car parks seem to use the same app so you pop into a nearby town and spend the first goodness knows how long downloading the relevant app so you can pay.
I would ban AI. It's scary I would ban the last 50 years, because things are a lot worse than they used to be when I was in my early 20s. I would ban mobile phones because they are like Pandora's box. They have become too powerful and often used for horrible purposes. I would ban cars that go over 70 miles an hour. There are far too many accidents, especially caused by show off boy racers
Cossy Brilliant! I totally agree with all your choices.
Shysal, I agree with you completely. That would make everything else come right.
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
