Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 18th September 2026

(60 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 18-Sept-26 04:52:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the moment.
Plans for the day , bus trip as usual into Bicester , do a shop and maybe have a chat to those i know.
Fish & Chips from the local chip shop ,about 100 metres away .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

BlueSapphire Fri 18-Sept-26 09:19:43

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞Northampton, though showers forecast later.

My cataract surgery went well yesterday and will be removing my eye shield shortly this morning. The clinic staff were lovely and made me feel at ease. I now have to navigate the shower without getting water near my eye!

No plans to go out today, just going to take it easy, catch up on tv and the newspaper and do as little as possible!

Wishing all a pleasant day.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 18-Sept-26 09:46:44

Good to have you join in Pippa000 a poignant day for you.

TheWeirdoAgain60 Fri 18-Sept-26 10:07:30

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

Thanks to Marzipan22 and karmalady for the beautiful plant photos!

I'm on a limp today, as when I arrived home yesterday from work, I took my shoes off, put them in the wardrobe, zipped up the wardrobe, stepped back and put the ball under the right big toe onto one of these nasties! A thick lump of metal went straight into it!

It must have been on the bottom of one of the shoes. I limped to the bed and sat down and managed to pull it out; it was piggin' painful! Blood was pouring out, so I cleaned it with warm water, added some E45 and a plaster, and hopefully it will ease it! Just like Julian Clary's little psychotic doggy, Gigi, I was livid, I tell you!

pbs.twimg.com/media/HSfIbBZWMAAffqM?format=png&name=small

My day off work today, so instead of going to my favourite cafe to stuff my face, I trotted to Spar, where, in the discount section, there were 2 cartons of green grapes which were £2.78 but dropped to 67p, so I grabbed one fast and also a tin of Ambrosia Cream Rice.

I like it when it's been bunged in the microwave for 2 minutes, but I'm happy to have it cold, so I just chucked it in a dish and added some grapes, and washed it down with a gallon of Alpro Unsweetened Soya milk! It was all VERY delicious!

I don't know what I'll do today; I seldom drive now, so I'll just hang around the Promenade, the Abbey and by the sea, with a book and a flask of tea.

Have a good one, all of you!

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Sept-26 10:12:43

BlueSapphire I'm glad your cataract surgery went well. Don't do too much!

fluttERBY123 Fri 18-Sept-26 10:14:21

Good morning, newbie on this thread. Getting used to the change from car to busses. This has meant I have arrived early somewhere so I'm wating in a newly discovered cafe and the coffee is really good. Jolly atmosphere but I can tell who.of two.women at next table is doing all.the talking and who is bored.

baubles Fri 18-Sept-26 10:30:02

Good morning from South Lanarkshire, no rain at the moment.

I had just begun to read the posts when HelterSkelter’s comment about anxiety being tiring stopped me in my tracks.

My anxiety levels are skyrocketing just now over a situation over which I have no control and I am exhausted.

I’ll go back now and catch up with everyone’s news.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Litterpicker Fri 18-Sept-26 11:18:12

Good morning from sunny East Lothian. I slept very deeply last night and woke up to cold tea as I didn’t even stir when DH set it on the bedside unit. We went to see friends in Edinburgh yesterday afternoon and I always seem to be very tired these days after socialising - I don’t know if it’s just my age or a legacy of the head injury I had two years ago. Anyway, it was lovely to see our friends, though R has Parkinson’s and is very restricted in what he can do now. He used to love his Scottish country dancing 🫤.

We went round to DD’s yesterday evening to check on the cat as they are away until the weekend. A neighnour also keeps an eye and must have fed her as her automatic feed dispenser was blocked by a mountain of food and showing a red light. Cat was pleased to see us. She can get in through her cat flap but, being a cat she much prefers to be let in and out through the front door!

I too need to renew my passport, hollysteers. I am going to go to the post office for my photo and to use the check and send service. Then I will return to DD’s to do some more gardening while the weather is good. HelterSkelter, tending a garden or indoor plants is one of the best therapies, isn’t it?
Marzipan, I hope your dressing change is less painful today as your poor foot heals.

TheWeirdoAgain, another injured foot 😯. I don’t know what you stepped back on but should you have a tetanus jab?

baubles, so sorry for your anxious situation 💐

Bellasnana, I hope your niece’s baby arrives safely and all is well with mother and baby.

Welcome to Mick’s friendly thread fluttERBY123.

Have the best possible day all 🌻

Ilovedogs22 Fri 18-Sept-26 11:19:52

Good morning everyone from the chillyish midlands, a sharp wind
is a blowing today & hips are forming on the roses too.
The season is certainly turning now; time to bring-out the thick jumpers & tights, me thinks.
It is very beautiful though the sunsets especially. I just wish we could have the heating on more!
Wishing everyone the the best day possible.

Jaxjacky Fri 18-Sept-26 11:35:10

A day of happy memories Pippa 💐
Welcome fluttERBY 👋👋