Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026
Alphabetical Flora (trees, flowers etc)
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)
Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the moment.
Plans for the day , bus trip as usual into Bicester , do a shop and maybe have a chat to those i know.
Fish & Chips from the local chip shop ,about 100 metres away .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick
Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with light grey clouds
Pleased you are feeling a bit better today Susan
Thank you grandmabatty, I’m looking forward to my visit to DD1s today, the flight isn’t until later so it’ll be this evening when I arrive. Too late for school pick up but hopefully in time for dinner. DD1 is such a good cook and I always enjoy the family meals together. I don’t know what I’ll be doing over the weekend but I’m sure we’ll be out and about somewhere
Hope your feet are healing well marzipan, enjoy your coffee later
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐
Good morning Mick and everyone from bright Carlisle, it's not due to stay that way.
It was a fairly gentle day yesterday, the highlight was getting my Tesco delivery! I had to send in my gas meter readings and got a really low bill back in return, the gas has only been used for hot water for some long time now. I turned down my thermostat, that CH is not coming on before the end of the month...
Today my plans are fluid. I was going to go out on various errands but my ears are, and have been for some time, irritating me literally and mentally, so an e-consult will be going in shortly to the surgery. Nothing I have done has remedied matters.
Other than that I must make sure one of my new raised beds is sufficiently bedded in as we are due strong winds so a worrying 24 hours for me.
I'm also casting an eye over my pots, the ones outside. They seem to multiply so I want to thin their numbers out too but can't make up my mind how.
The weekend is nearly upon us, I swear they come round twice a week!
Have a good day everyone if you can.
Good morning all from the Black country.
DH requires another trip to the audiologist his test couldn't be done due to needing wax removal first, so it's back again next week after the drops have had time to work.
Will try to spend some time in the garden today noticed window cleaner has broken some of my hydrangea, and the lawn in the front needs a cut after all the rain we have had.
Safe travels Brook and anybody else on the move.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans 😎
Good morning everyone. I have just relocated a large "incey" from the kitchen sink to the far end of the garden and it is feeling very fresh outside! (10degrees on the garden thermometer). I have overcome my longstanding unease with spiders by pretending David Attenborough is watching how I deal with them!
Yesterday was a successful arranging of our Alexa devices to call DS, DD or DH at my shouting out the instruction from anywhere in the house. It is a "fall alarm system" my DD suggested and DH set it up yesterday. I shall feel safer indoors if he is out and about and I am incapacitated by a fall. Luckily my years of choir singing mean I can project my voice loudly and clearly.
Now I am told by DD that I have to have an alarm for outside the house and have found a ring which is about to become available in the UK (it is American) which appeals much more than a pendant or watch. That may do the job.
We also had another survey for the stair lift done by a very nice and knowledgeable lady. She did quote an eye-watering amount though! DH is on the case. Being a thrifty Yorkshireman he will always search for the best price.
Tesco are due with our groceries between between 9 and 10am this morning but otherwise we will see what else develops.
Take care everyone, enjoy your "doings" and keep positive all those with struggles and worries. Hope today is a good one for us all.
Good morning from South Wales. Stunning sunrise here, but cloudy and a very autumnal day. Today is my 55th wedding anniversary, it was a sunny and warm September day in 1971 when my late hubby and I had an amazing military wedding. Today it will be a long dog walk and cleaning the oven !
Thanks Marzipan and safe travels brook
Good morning from a cool, breezy now dry Morecambe Bay. The usual rain is forecast to arrive about lunchtime. Before that I shall take the car to Preston to have a valve fitted to one of its wheels which was damaged when they put new tyres on last month when it was serviced. This valve reads the pressure in the tyre and alerts you if the pressure in the tyre gets low.
Because they didn’t have the correct valve in stock they fitted a temporary one which means the dashboard display is highlighting all sorts of problems. It’s a pain having to go to Preston but it’s the nearest main dealer as our local main dealer lost its franchise earlier this year.
DH would normally drive but with his sore leg it’s fallen to me. I shall catch up with GN while I wait.
Take care everyone 
Good morning from N. Bucks. I think it should be mostly dry today.
DH is driving DD3 to an appointment . Her hearing has been getting worse over the last few years and she is looking forward to having a hearing aid fitted aid fitted.
I am going out for the day with our middle daughter. A lovely treat to be able to spend a whole day with her all to myself.
Thinking of all with illness or other troubles to deal with and hoping all have a good day.
Good morning from a bright W Kent. Yesterday was busier than expected as after art group DH and I went to see Pressure at our local cinema. I enjoyed it but felt Ike and Monty looked to well fed and rather tall! it must be difficult to cast well known characters.
Today shopping and a tidy up for the weekend although it is a quiet one
Enjoy the theatre Greyduster
Best wishes
Good morning from a wild and windy Durham.
I have my little car back - repaired, cleaned and valeted to within an inch of its life. Time to start looking for another.
Having had no car and a severe attack of jet lag all week, I’ve a list of jobs to do this morning, then going out to eat with DD1 and family early evening, as DGS1 was 9 this week. I’ve Lego and his requested ‘I❤️NY’ hoodie for him.
Best wishes to all. X
Morning Mick and all
After a night of little sleep and weird dreams I have what feels like a migraine starting. I am now back lying on the bed after taking my meds.
Couldn’t take them earlier as we had The Imp sleeping over for his early morning school start.
Will catch up later 🙋♀️
I’m late on parade. Slept like the proverbial. Good morning everyone from south Manchester where 17°C and showers is our forecast.
Friends from Bury are driving over at lunchtime so that I can return the keys to their holiday apartment. It was so kind of them to let me use it. He’s in his early 80’s now with mobility problems and his wife confided that he doesn’t like driving at night any more if not local.
I quite understand but it’s made me sad. I remember the days when they’d come over in an evening when Himself was with us and we’d all go to the pub for one then round the corner for a curry. End of an era.
Last time I saw them was when I picked the keys up and I got a bus from here to the tram station then an hour on that. Age and time waits for no man so we have to adapt. Still, it’s made me feel wistful for past times.
Good morning from a sunny NE, heating has just come on.
I had another disturbed night, I woke at 3.15 with back and stomach pains, got out of bed and my ostomy decided it was getting up time so had to change it. Having to put the light on meant I was wide awake and struggled to settle down again.
I didn't put the bin out last night because it was windy so had to get dressed as soon as I woke up.
Going to be a quiet day as I spent all day yesterday washing and ironing.
Have a good day.
Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 12°C.
Yet another disturbed night, I keep shouting out, due to pain. I keep offering to sleep in another room, but DH is having none of it, because my two heart attacks were during the night and he slept through them.
I have to go over to the doctor's today and DH is going to accompany me. There is a Home Bargains near the surgery, so I will make use of him to pack the trolley.
There is also a TU parcel to be picked up at the Argos beside it.
I did very little yesterday, but did catch up on my parish admin.
I had been procrastinating, because I have a brain full of sludge and just couldn't concentrate.
On emptying my bedside drawer for DH to fix it, I found a pile of forgotten photos.
One was of my two friends and our husbands at DIL's sister's wedding and I sent it to them.
Our three husbands are all very unwell at the moment and we were sad to see what those once fit and strong men have become.
We always talk about that wedding. When it came to saying her vows, the bride said nothing. You could have heard a pin drop.
The wedding lasted a year.😱
Susan, hopefully you will find the benefit of the antibiotics.
Marzipan, fingers crossed.
Gaga, we have Alexas installed all through the house. They were set up years ago, when I had to give up my job and spent a lot of time in bed.
The idea was that, if I needed help, I could call DH.
It worked technically, I could hear everything that was going on in other rooms, but DH was totally oblivious. you have to remember, he is NOT deaf.😉
My best wishes to all my fellow mountaineers and safe journey, brook.
P.S
We too, recently bought a Bosch washing machine, it's our second one. I love it, it is so easy to use, no faffing about. I only use three functions, one of which is a deep clean.
I am a fan of all things Bosch, washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher.
My Bosch is my second one too MD The first lasted more than 25 years. I replaced its motor brushes myself following a youtube video about 6 years ago and it limped on from then.
But I love this new one. When I switch it on the door locking device makes a little click sound...all is well with the world when I hear that. So easily pleased luckily.
Good morning from sunny Suffolk where I’m another who’s late on parade. Just about to enjoy my first cuppa and then read your posts.
DH and I are off for afternoon tea at the Assembly House in Norwich using a voucher one of the children gave us for Christmas. We have 2 other vouchers,one for tea at a favourite hotel in Aldeburgh and another for a visit to a newish local chocolatier which includes a bumper collection of chocolate as well as a demonstration as to how it is made.
All the vouchers are for a year and we were delighted to get them but why do we always wait until they are getting towards the end of their validity to use them? It has always been the same here.
Hope today is a good one for all.
GG13 Same here. Wash machine, dishwasher, fridge and feeezer. All old now apart from the new Bosch on the block, but all still going well.
I bought a new Bosch vacuum cleaner. Not so pleased with that as it needs very frequent inner cleaning. But it is a small one and I have a dusty old house. So maybe I am expecting too much and need an industrial size one!
A very Happy Anniversary, Pippa000🥂💐 and welcome!
Good morning and we’re due a pleasant day.
Happy anniversary Pippa mixed emotions for you. We married in July 1971 . A good year for a wedding. 💐.
We had a happy few hours with Dd and youngest DGD with a party tea (11th birthday) . She enjoyed opening her presents and showing us everything. She really is a joyful child.
I must walk to the PO with little pooch and post off important papers that we’ve signed for the tax man who will take lots of our money! 🥸. I’ll get some more veg for soup making . I’m always shopping!
We’re very lucky with our local shops. A lovely greengrocers, fab butchers, pharmacy , hardware , mini supermarket (who stock everything) fish and chips, hairdressers. Just a need a bakery
Take care all 🌻
HelterSkelter 💐
Good to hear your garden will help you holistically. Be kind to yourself because it’s harder than one ever imagines isn’t it? I cried my eyes out last night, big racking sobs. xx
Good morning from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast. Emptied my suitcase and washing out to dry yesterday, pulled in when we had the odd shower.
Looked at new music, drew and a quiet day, cold easing off, more of the same today and I’ll renew my passport. No hurry, but I’ll get it out of the way. Flying DD could come up with a trip with me as a cling on at any time.
All the best for your niece Bellasnana, congratulations Pippa and thoughts to Marzipan🌺
Drawing from yesterday.
Good morning from a dull but dry Black Country.
A great walking group walk yesterday, along the canal. Lovely and sunny but not too hot. No cafe at the end so arrived home by 12.30.
Hairdresser this afternoon for a trim and highlights. So housework this morning, and I am going to try a recipe for tomato soup my DB and SIL gave me. We had it at their house a few months ago and it was delicious.
Welcome Pippa000 sending anniversary wishes.
Wishing you all the best day possible
Cool, grey morning but will brave the oldies’ coffee morning which may well be the last one outside for this year unless the threatened heatwave actually happens. Feel I have done what I can to winter-proof the house with gutters cleared and boiler serviced, but do not look forward to the short dark days to come. Meanwhile I am enjoying the antics of various birds despite not feeding them - forbidden till November now! Will save a fortune not buying premium sunflower hearts but my life is missing something while the bird feeder is unused.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.