Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 17th September 2026

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 17-Sept-26 04:53:06

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley .
The usual plans with a bus trip into Bicester , intend to go in early have a coffee and a snack , and maybe a beer , then shop and see people I know and chat.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 17-Sept-26 09:58:56

Great minds think alike luluaugust!

Or is it fools seldom differ? 🤣

TheWeirdoAgain60 Thu 17-Sept-26 10:24:33

Good morning, Michael12 and all!

karmalady - the dressing gown looks amazing and really comfy, very well done!

I have a large jar at home that I drop my spare change into every day, even if it's just one penny. Then, each September - don't know why I chose that month, years ago - I tip it all out, count it and put it in Post Office cash bags, then drop them into my account.

I drop in all the coins from 1p to £2.00 coin and when I counted everything out last night, I had a whopping EXACTLY £73.00; £9.00 of that was in 50ps!! I dropped some back into the jar as they weren't enough to make up the bags, but this morning before work I dragged 6 full bags to the P.O! So now today I'll carry on collecting until next September!

As a reward to myself for being such a good coin collector, during a break at work today I'll shoot to Spar and buy a 1 L carton of Banana Moo Milk!

I've noticed that the pet shop is now selling huge rubber squeaky ducks for £7.50, so I'll buy one for my best boy, Stanley the Rottie, when he comes in next time! Prezzies from me and his human dad, he's got more toys than Toys R Us!

Bye for now!