Gransnet forums

Chat

Small things that make you feel happy

(79 Posts)
nanna8 Tue 18-Aug-26 02:25:31

Not talking about major issues or personal things here but today I got a new cover for my iPad , brightly coloured butterflies. Cost almost nothing ($8) - about 4£. Free postage. The other one had fallen apart. Very cheery. Also, I found an earring I thought I had lost months ago - it was one of a pair I won on board a cruise ship. Daft things but very nice.
Tell us about the little things that made you happy recently ?

AmberGran Fri 21-Aug-26 14:41:45

Oldnproud

Seeing a group of young starlings this afternoon splashing about in the tray of water that I recently put out in my garden to help the local birds through the hot, dry weather.

We always put out quite a big plant pot tray with about an inch of water in it. Every year we get a family of blue tits visiting. They sit around on the edge waiting for instructions and then they dive in one by one with (possibly) mum splashing about between them.

They look so much like a group of young, naughty schoolboys waiting to dive into a swimming pool that it always makes me laugh.

hollysteers Fri 21-Aug-26 15:19:59

Gratefully falling back for an extra sleep in the morning after a bad night of nightmares.

MayBee70 Fri 21-Aug-26 17:36:10

hollysteers

Gratefully falling back for an extra sleep in the morning after a bad night of nightmares.

I’m the opposite. I have vivid dreams when I go back to sleep. Yesterdays is still with me even though I can’t remember much of it.