Gransnet forums

Chat

Small things that make you feel happy

(78 Posts)
nanna8 Tue 18-Aug-26 02:25:31

Not talking about major issues or personal things here but today I got a new cover for my iPad , brightly coloured butterflies. Cost almost nothing ($8) - about 4£. Free postage. The other one had fallen apart. Very cheery. Also, I found an earring I thought I had lost months ago - it was one of a pair I won on board a cruise ship. Daft things but very nice.
Tell us about the little things that made you happy recently ?

Abitbarmy Tue 18-Aug-26 02:50:28

The fact that we had proper rain last night for the first time in about 2 months made me very happy!

Macaydia Tue 18-Aug-26 04:09:20

There is no rain here. A lot of forest fires buring everything to the end of the world.

I am happy to have legs that can walk forward.

Macaydia Tue 18-Aug-26 04:10:43

I am thankful for porridge

silverlining48 Tue 18-Aug-26 07:28:47

Having a swim in a cold east Anglian sea. Invigorating snd exhilarating.

tanith Tue 18-Aug-26 07:33:48

Trip to the library today and will come home with a bag of new books.

Bassoues Tue 18-Aug-26 07:35:43

3 nearly full again water butts after last night!!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Aug-26 07:37:07

A good new book.

Cuddles from a GC 🥰

Marzipan22 Tue 18-Aug-26 07:40:45

The robin on my patio, from this year's brood.

NanKate Tue 18-Aug-26 08:02:36

When our two grandsons 15 and 13 rush in to see us with a big hug.

Gingster Tue 18-Aug-26 08:08:56

The cool air after all that heat.
Seeing my Dh smile (rare)
A visit from a grandchild
Knowing family are well and happy.

AskAlice Tue 18-Aug-26 08:21:41

Discovering a new author on Kindle Unlimited that I enjoy reading and then finding that they have written a huge series of books, also available on Kindle Unlimited!

kittylester Tue 18-Aug-26 08:29:34

Seeing the grandchildren over the summer.

Fallingstar Tue 18-Aug-26 08:46:42

Clouds and cooler temps and the promise of rain.

Greenfinch Tue 18-Aug-26 08:49:44

A day at home with nothing urgent that has to be done.

TheWeirdoAgain60 Tue 18-Aug-26 09:03:23

Nanna8 - the cover sounds gorgeous!

Abitbarmy and Fallingstar - I know EXACTLY what you're saying!

Marzipan22 - AWWWWW! Robins are my favourite birds!

For me it's... walking and sitting at the promenade here in Whitby, scoffing an ice lolly, when the weather is freezing cold!

nanna8 Tue 18-Aug-26 09:17:14

Ooohh- I love Whitby. I used to visit there quite often as a child because my mum’s twin lived in Bridlington. Something unique about the place,isn’t there ?

Patsy70 Tue 18-Aug-26 10:05:01

Cuddles from grandchildren always make me happy. A walk round the garden, barefoot, and watching the numerous birds feeding, including a pair of Robins, gives me huge pleasure too.👩‍🌾

Cabbie21 Tue 18-Aug-26 11:12:04

Just had my bathroom floor laminated and it looks lovely. OK that’s a big thing, but the small thing is that I asked the fitter for advice on a previous joining strip he did in another room which has come loose. Straightaway he fixed it for me in two seconds. So pleased.

Elrel Tue 18-Aug-26 11:26:58

Hearing heavy rain on the window last night as I was falling asleep. The petrichor when I opened the front door this morning.

TerriBull Tue 18-Aug-26 14:17:24

Well right now, the cooler weather and some rain, for the poor ground. I never thought I'd say that.

A good book, in fact I become almost irritable when books prove to be disappointing, I've had to shelve one recently after 100 or so pages, annoyed I've wasted the time. Also something good to watch. We've become hooked on The Morning Show, Apple TV, I wasn't altogether sure it would be my thing, very glossy and American, but I've been drawn in and look forward to how it unfolds. 4 series of 10 episodes, so a lot to watch. I also like understated programmes such as Ann Droid, such a clever premise.

Getting together with family.

Animals, my ndn, have recently acquired a puppy, I love hearing her little immature yelps over the fence she's such a dear little thing.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Aug-26 14:28:24

My cats purr.

Watching butterflies and bees in the garden.

Something easy for dinner

Phone call from DS and DD

A tidy clean house.

A trip out

Really I’m easily pleased and am lucky to be naturally happy.

valdali Tue 18-Aug-26 20:31:17

I love bamboo socks.

Witzend Tue 18-Aug-26 20:41:05

Bassoues

3 nearly full again water butts after last night!!

I’m so envious! Still not a drop here - none for weeks on end!

Mollygo Tue 18-Aug-26 20:42:16

An unexpected lie in till 8 o’clock. I forgot to set the alarm but DH woke and walked the dog instead and I never heard him go out!