Gransnet forums

Chat

For today

(56 Posts)
j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:33:38

Have a lovely day Your Maj.

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:36:48

Here's one waving in a blue sky

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:40:18

Hope she won't need this

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:41:26

But I'm sure she will still be smiling

Greatnan Sun 03-Jun-12 09:49:22

I hope you all have a lovely day and the weather is kind for you.
My daughter tells me that there are big celebrations in NZ!

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:52:19

Bet they've got better weather there Greatnan. smile Daughter's gone up to see the boats, but she's gonna get wet! grin

AlisonMA Sun 03-Jun-12 09:53:57

Drizzling here in Malvern but that won't stop us all having a great party, just moving it from the street into the pub.

1950s party yesterday with appropriate food, I made the chocolate cornflake cakes! We won the quiz and the raffle too so came home feeling good.

Have a great day HRH and don't let the weather spoil it. This is what we do well in the UK.

jo4 how do you do that with the photos?

Jacey Sun 03-Jun-12 09:55:30

flag crown flag crown

Hope your daughter has a wonderful time flag I would have gone, if I still lived in London crown But will be watching the event on tv flag

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:59:19

Thanks jacey. Her friend has come over from America specially for it. I hope the weather clears up. Fingers crossed! smile

glammanana Sun 03-Jun-12 12:37:03

j04 envy I wish that we lived closer so we could see the actual event.

Jacey Sun 03-Jun-12 12:48:45

Well ...food and drink sorted! crown
Tv programme thingy is set ...so don't miss the start crown
Have supplement to hand that identifies all the boats/barges in flotilla crown
And even have a real flag to wave crown
Am snug, warm and dry indoors ...would have loved to have been there crown

Who else is going to be watching? flag

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 13:51:37

Well I am watching. of course. smile

Eating Sunday dinner in front of tv. An un-heard-of thing in this house usually!

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 13:54:07

I'm watching as I type!

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 14:11:39

I like the royal ladies outfits, particularly the red!

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 14:15:00

Ok we have Kate in red, HM in white, where's the blue?

harrigran Sun 03-Jun-12 14:51:33

My sister lives in Germany and she is having a Jubilee party for her friends. Friends not expats I hasten to add but Germans who love English tea parties and all things royal. Well thre are quite a few German genes in the royal family smile flag

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 14:56:14

crown

whenim64 Sun 03-Jun-12 14:57:38

I'm not a royalist at all, but the sight of this flotilla is stunning - brings the Canaletto to life. smile

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 15:19:54

Couldn't agree more! And royalist or not, isn't nice to see how many people appreciate all she's done for us!

crown

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

flag

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 15:27:08

Hear hear jeni She is a real star!

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 15:31:42

Pity she can't read this!
But even I can't wave and type at the same time!

Perhaps that's what she's gone below decks for? To catch up on GN!

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:05:15

Poor Liz, she looks like she could really do with a cuppa with a slug of whisky in it! I hope she's got her thermals on.
Sorry Ma-am grin flag crown

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:20:15

I'm really starting to feel sorry for her now. This bit must be getting a bit boring as well as cold.

She's a game old bird lady.

Ella46 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:22:55

She will be sooo stiff tomorrow, but no let up for her! Prince Phil as well, he's no spring chicken! grin

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:25:46

Can those boats not put their foot down a bit now.

Wills is starting to fidget.