Gransnet forums

Chat

For today

(57 Posts)
j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 09:33:38

Have a lovely day Your Maj.

AlisonMA Mon 04-Jun-12 12:17:28

I've probably lost the plot, a lot on my mind today!

Anagram Mon 04-Jun-12 11:48:01

Alison, I think you may have got the wrong thread! Your post about what you've been doing, and asking about our celebrations, is on the 'Jubilee' thread. grin

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 11:45:43

I couldn't see the Matthew either!

AlisonMA Mon 04-Jun-12 11:36:29

OK, I'll start a new thread!

glammanana Mon 04-Jun-12 11:19:14

AlisonMA this has happened to me sometimes some of my posts are still wondering around in cyber space it happens every now and then DD says that maybe I did not click on to the post message correctly.smile

Anagram Mon 04-Jun-12 11:06:46

It would say 'Post deleted by GNHQ' or something similar, Alison. Perhaps you didn't actually post it? It has been known to happen...blush

AlisonMA Mon 04-Jun-12 10:52:00

Has my post been deleted? Nothing controversial in it!

Maniac Mon 04-Jun-12 10:39:40

Wonderful show.Congratulations to all concerned.
Noticed Will was singing National anthem.

Knowing London well made it even more enjoyable.
Sorry not to see the 'Matthew' in the TV coverage even though I can see it in Bristol anytime.

Raining most of day here so had a day of goggling.
The mens tennis was quite exciting yesterday also!Federer and Djokovic both under threat from unknowns

yogagran Sun 03-Jun-12 23:14:33

I thought that it was really well done, Britain does these things so much better than "the others" don't we? But I was just a bit disappointed that the coverage seemed to miss out on the boats and ships themselves. We saw lots of the Royal party, lots of the presenters making inane comments - were we really interested in the artists on the Millennium bridge trying to paint in the rain - I would have liked to see more of the old boats, the working boats and all the others making up the flotilla.
But I did have a lovely lazy afternoon smile

crimson Sun 03-Jun-12 20:28:48

30 seconds....perhaps less...

nanaej Sun 03-Jun-12 19:39:50

So clever..and how quickly does the audience forget they are puppets!?

crimson Sun 03-Jun-12 19:27:28

The War Horse puppet was the highlight of the whole day for me, and I think, perhaps for The Queen also, seeing the look of delight on her face. The puppets are so magical.

Jacey Sun 03-Jun-12 18:34:16

Agree nanej about the rubbish that seems to pour out of the mouths of some presenters ...especially that one trying to get the bridge master to say he was nervous about raising the bridge shock ...he does it every day!! And the one who talked about the Queen standing on the first floor of the boat!! shock

BUT ...so many people would have enjoyed being there. Agree with other Gnetters ...something we can take pride inflag ... and so amazed at both the Queen's and Philip's staminacrown ...people had come to see her and see her they would!! crown

I wonder if they'll be able to add today's missed fly by to Tuesday's events??
flag crown flag

Anagram Sun 03-Jun-12 18:27:55

We do that sort of weather very well too, jeni! (Unfortunately confused)

jeni Sun 03-Jun-12 18:22:00

Marvellous. Incomparable!
Nobody cando it like us lot!grin
(apart from the weather)sad

nanaej Sun 03-Jun-12 18:19:47

It would all have been be so much better without the fawning twaddle and nonsense of the commentators...

Not a royalist household and OH very grumpy that we had TV on to watch with both DDs plus DGDs and baby DGS2 (DGS1 off to a jubilee party with his other GD) but I said that the girls listening to us three joking about the whole affair was healthier than totally ignoring! hmm crown hmm

I did like the flotilla though. Especially liked the bell boat and the sight of the warhorse puppet!

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 18:07:11

"I did but see her passing by,
And yet I love her till I die."

Dear Queenie. smile

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 18:04:19

Top that then, rest-of-the-world!

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:59:55

Nice bit of Hornpipe to finish up with. grin

Libradi Sun 03-Jun-12 17:58:11

She looks so cold, I don't know how she manages to stand for so long. flag crown

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:57:59

Home time your Maj.

God Bless.

gracesmum Sun 03-Jun-12 17:57:27

Singers from London Philharmonic all deserve damehoods/knighthoods for standing out in all that rain!!flagflagflag [umbrella] emoticon

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:57:15

Well done London

Anagram Sun 03-Jun-12 17:56:11

I agree!

Such a shame about the weather...sad

j04 Sun 03-Jun-12 17:55:37

Oh well! That was worth waiting for! Land of Hope and Glory. Sums it up really. smile