Gransnet forums

Chat

ET & RB

(107 Posts)
whitewave Fri 11-May-12 16:27:00

I have been approached by an unnamed financial backer to ask GN's whether they would be willing to take part in an updated film version of Cleopatra. This would of course mean numerous roles to be filled including Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton as well as the ass for milk, pyramid for background etc. The role of the asp and camel has already been filled by that well known star of stage and screen who is currently staring in Born Free, you will of course remember him as Toto and Lassie. I shall not tell you his name as you will undoubtedly forget it.
Auditions will take place soon - those who are interested please advise asap.

glammanana Fri 11-May-12 18:39:33

We should all audition for Britains got Talent at least it would be more entertaining grin
Mamie I think I could be very good at camel movements I did go to horse riding lessons when I was 10 (memories of a distant past)

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:40:01

Mind you something to be proud of given our age

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 18:42:01

Camel movements is sexy?

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 19:11:17

jeni Mwah, mwah it is then! I think we'll make a rather fetching pair......grin

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:13:16

I think so, darling, mwah mwah!

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 19:14:26

...and I'll have you know I have plenty of room for that pesky asp.

when If you're producing, please be away that RB and I will need soft focus and careful camera angles.

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:23:36

Oh yes! And my left profile is my best, I do hope butter that yours is your right, dahrling!?

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 19:29:32

Well jeni - it so happens that my right is where my hole scar is - but could be fetching, n'est pas? What do you think darhling - Cleo with an eye patch?? Vampishly dangerous peut etre .........wink

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:30:00

I thought I might go for something a little outré like one of the spectators who decides that the lions can kill a gladiator (or vice versa) in the Colosseum. My thumbs are my finest feature grin

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:30:23

Mais oui ma cherie!

jeni Fri 11-May-12 19:31:24

We know! Theyre what you use to ignite poor canines!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:33:12

Will you give it a rest!!!! I'm innocent!!! grin

POGS Fri 11-May-12 19:44:00

Before anyone else puts my name forward I would say I would make a good camel. I get the hump, spit when I'm cornered but I have slow soft side that some people like to cuddle.

Grannylin Fri 11-May-12 19:50:44

Why did you wear a belly dancer's outfit glamma,just wondering???

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 19:58:33

POGS grin

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 20:16:02

jeni - pas de chiens, s'il vous plait!

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 20:17:53

www.kingtutshop.com/freeinfo/cleopatra.htm

jeni Fri 11-May-12 20:22:53

Ca va!

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:28:03

Um, hello, am I in or not?

jeni Fri 11-May-12 20:36:12

You can be RB I have a load of homework to do this weekend and I'm very tired. 4days work next week. I'm too old and fat sad

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:43:36

jeni I'm sure you're not! (Old & fat, I mean)

OK, if it's alright with everyone else, I will start preparations for the role.

Cigarettes? Check
Alcohol? Check
Accent? Check
Blue eyes? Check
Talent? Oh bugger.

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 20:44:21

shock Oh! I've been dumped.
I know, too much work, late night at the pyramid, to tired tonight darhling. smile

Rest well Jeni - I'm off to have an early night too.

jeni Fri 11-May-12 20:45:24

Night allsmile

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 20:47:44

Loved that pheonix. grin

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 20:51:36

I thought when was laying in the jungle with her head up her bum and her neck broken confused