Gransnet forums

Chat

ET & RB

(107 Posts)
whitewave Fri 11-May-12 16:27:00

I have been approached by an unnamed financial backer to ask GN's whether they would be willing to take part in an updated film version of Cleopatra. This would of course mean numerous roles to be filled including Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton as well as the ass for milk, pyramid for background etc. The role of the asp and camel has already been filled by that well known star of stage and screen who is currently staring in Born Free, you will of course remember him as Toto and Lassie. I shall not tell you his name as you will undoubtedly forget it.
Auditions will take place soon - those who are interested please advise asap.

jeni Fri 11-May-12 18:00:16

oxonim mortally offended! I'm going off in a huff!
(actually to get wine

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 18:02:13

jeni there's lots of chilled vodka wine in the fridge - I'll stick with you!

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 18:03:15

I always thought of a huff as being a small hairy bag...no insult intended now either....

nanachrissy Fri 11-May-12 18:04:17

I could be the carpet, (I've been a doormat in a previous life) shock

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:04:50

butter you might as well be cleo as you are sticking with jeni

anyone seen when or she still on the casting couch?

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:06:15

oh nanna grin

jeni Fri 11-May-12 18:08:43

She's probably still concocting an alibi for harming Donald!

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 18:09:58

Where's the storyline?

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:10:45

How did she get back into the country without detection?

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 18:11:15

white shock - To be cleo I'd have to be v. v. squiffy - Mmmmm - sounding good! grin.......but it depends who RB is!

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 18:11:39

Can we keep that dog out of this and get to the story?

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:12:20

well it's jeni as far as I am aware

jeni Fri 11-May-12 18:15:47

Mmwah! We'll make lovely pair!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 18:16:19

,,,,,(closes audition room door).....er...could someone get an ambulance, please? I think Mr Producer has just had a heart attack! those springs in that couch have seen better days grin

Mamie Fri 11-May-12 18:16:26

I think we will need a team for costumes. Whoever makes Cleo's costume will need to make sure that she can fit her asp into it.

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:18:10

Blimey you must have a well paid part then when well done

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 18:18:23

And the rest of her?

Have a look here:
www.barnorama.com/women-who-played-cleopatra/
.....Anyone fancy looking like one of these instead?

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:18:45

mamie he's only a little asp sort of terrier sized

glammanana Fri 11-May-12 18:21:25

Can I be a belly dancer? I've got the red sequined bra and wrap around skirt that shimmies when you shake your hips !!! I've only worn it once so it's in good conditiongrin

Mamie Fri 11-May-12 18:24:46

Of course you can. Just practise the belly wobble for now and it will all be alright on the night.
I think the dance can be much more free-form than the can-can.

Mamie Fri 11-May-12 18:28:52

Well maybe a bit more complicated than that. There seem to be three movements; the shiver or shimmy; hip hits; and undulations which are meant to represent the movement of riding a camel.
Are you with me so far?

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 18:32:42

....(on the phone to A and E) ...loud shrieks.....

What do you mean, he's DEAD!?
Have you tried CPR?
Can you check in his pocket to see if there's a contract - he wants me to sign it now.
Yes, I do mean right now!
Did he say anything? Did he say when is my muse - she must have the best part?

...slams phone down..... oh, f**k off, then - I'll find another producer

grin grin

whitewave Fri 11-May-12 18:35:58

when how come you go from disaster to disaster First an attempt to incinerate a poor defenceless dog now you have actually managed to s....g someone to death

jeni Fri 11-May-12 18:36:49

See what I mean! That woman is a born killer!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 18:37:19

I didn't do the dog thing, and unfortunately Mr Producer had a dicky ticker - how was I to know? grin