Gransnet forums

Chat

ET & RB

(107 Posts)
whitewave Fri 11-May-12 16:27:00

I have been approached by an unnamed financial backer to ask GN's whether they would be willing to take part in an updated film version of Cleopatra. This would of course mean numerous roles to be filled including Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton as well as the ass for milk, pyramid for background etc. The role of the asp and camel has already been filled by that well known star of stage and screen who is currently staring in Born Free, you will of course remember him as Toto and Lassie. I shall not tell you his name as you will undoubtedly forget it.
Auditions will take place soon - those who are interested please advise asap.

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 20:57:17

nellie would you care to elaborate on your last post? I appreciate that I have had a glass or two but.............................

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 21:03:34

nellie do you believe everything you read in the papers?

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 21:05:58

Hi phoenix was refering to whens demise in the greatdog/cat controversy..she as a fugitive was guilty of arson...namely setting Rovers ars on fire she got her comeuppance on a good boy choc drop plantation and was mortally injured licking her bum she fell off the chair and broke her neck...bizzare I know....is that any clearer for you....

and where have all the old thespians gone....the theatre is in darkness...

glammanana Fri 11-May-12 21:07:37

Grannylin I joined a dance class with four of my friends we where supposed to be learning belly dancing as a way to help us loose weight but we spent to much time in the pub afterwards that it didn't do our weight loss any good grin

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 21:08:29

Oxon is when really back ....or is she an imposter,has she had her credentials checked

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 21:09:56

Clear as mud, nellie , clear as mud................ (Matron, they all gone weird again................)

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 21:13:33

I think that report wasn't true.....

If she's back she must be innocent - she wouldn't dare otherwise. So there.

Oxon70 Fri 11-May-12 21:28:40

We have our exits and our entrances....and this theatre is bloody dark, who put the lights off?

It's an exit for me just now...oh yeah there's the sign...bye folks

Clatter, bang - sorry dropped my gladius down the stairs...whoops...oooh!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 21:35:23

Thanks for the vote of confidence Oxon. I was framed! I left a false trail in South America and came back to threaten persuade my witnesses to tell the truth. The cowardy custards have all gone to bed, but they will have to face me tomorrow!

Free the Gransnet One!! She is innocent!! grin

Just going to do some thumb practise - I will be condemning some witnesses gladiators and lions to their fate in the production and have to get into my role grin

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 21:35:50

Oxon are we to believe that you are proclaiming whens innocence over said attack on rovers bum.....notice when is very quiet...nothing to say for herself......

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 21:38:29

Tee hee....little does she know grin

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 21:49:23

when, you may think you've got away with it, but forensic reports are being prepared comparing the scorchmarks on Duncan's bum with your blowtorch! It's only a matter of time....(Official Investigator Hat On)

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 21:55:03

MATRON!

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 21:58:22

Of course it was my blowtorch - I complained it was missing. If you find my handcuffs, my betting is the blowtorch will be there as well. I have my suspicions..........

I have to do my own sleuthing as I cannot trust the fuzz investigators - I think they are in on it. hmm

My basset hound has her Sherlock Holmes pipe and hat on and is busily following the trail for me - she will report back at Bonio time grin

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 21:59:39

Can I have my medicine now, sister? I'm really tired............

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 22:03:12

Matron, it's urgent!

(Although I have a feeling that it may be too late..............)

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 22:05:03

ha ha so you think I have gone to bed...I went downstairs to watch Dennis waterman on piers morgan..hasnt he aged Dennis not piers....talking of detectives perhaps we need a private investigator to track the dastardly when[hmmm]

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 22:07:30

Not really, nellie - she's already here and blatantly flaunting herself, proclaiming her innocence!

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 22:10:01

And the relevance to the topic in the opening post is.......................?

Nellie (in the style of mastermind) you have 2 minutes on your specialist subject of deviating from the original subject, starting now.........

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 22:14:37

I think an identity parade is in order and see if Rover picks the guilty party ,methinks that when is pulling a fast one feigning sickness and demanding medication and playing for the symapthy vote...the plot thickens

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 22:19:13

I'd give up, if I were you, phoenix! They're all in denial...(especially when)

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 22:20:04

"And that, M'Lud, appears to be the case for the defence............"

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 22:21:15

Of whom? confused

nelliedeane Fri 11-May-12 22:21:28

Actually thought what relevance to cleopatra when I was writing confused,but did you or did you not ask me to explain and I quote "Nellie would you care to elaborate"...so I did grin.....but I did ask why the theatre was in darkness and where had all the old thespians gone hmm

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 22:21:49

Aha! I have the proof - my faithful dog has returned with a blowtorch, handcuffs, half a stilt, a packet of cheese and onion crisps, two tickets for Les Miserables, a pair of men's socks and a half-chewed lamb bone.

What d'ya make of THAT, then????

Retires for the night, wearing a smug look and carrying a cup of horlicks grin