Just returned from a 2 day bteak. To my horror I think I have bedbug bites. Has anyone else had this . I also have some on one arm. I am really mortified. Any help please is welcome.
Always use the suitcase stand, rather than putting your bag on the bed When you get up in the morning, check the base sheet for tiny pin pricks of blood. You think the bites are the worst that can happen? No. Transferring them into your home is far worse, and ridiculously expensive, replacing mattresses, bedframes (they can get into the joins), getting pest control in etc
I once got flea bites all over my back and bum after sitting in an infested chair in the waiting area of a hair salon. I just had a hot shower and hair wash and hot washed the clothes I was wearing. It seemed to do the trick.
From what I remember, the bites looked similar to OP's.
I travel a lot , ive fortunately never encountered bed bugs . I'm going to be mindful of not unpacking on the bed and checking the mattress in future . What do they look like , what should I look for in the mattress and can they live in wardrobes ?
Well I was ready to burn the house down. I have a relative who worked for Rentakil, he put the fear of God in me when we brought one home! We stayed in a hotel near Gatwick and yes we put our cases on the bed. Then we came home and did it again! Don’t do what we did. When it occurred to us that was why I was getting bitten and we had decided to get the extermination team in we were so lucky. I got out of bed very gently and pulled the covers back very slowly and there the little ** was! Readers I squashed it. MY blood on the sheet but the end of the invasion. Such a relief. We’ve just come back from a break away and unpacked in the porch.
Always use the suitcase stand, rather than putting your bag on the bed When you get up in the morning, check the base sheet for tiny pin pricks of blood. You think the bites are the worst that can happen? No. Transferring them into your home is far worse, and ridiculously expensive, replacing mattresses, bedframes (they can get into the joins), getting pest control in etc
I once had a big roach crawling up my case but I’d rather bring one of them home than bedbugs. My brother on the other hand, once brought home a black scorpion in his case.
I travel a lot , ive fortunately never encountered bed bugs . I'm going to be mindful of not unpacking on the bed and checking the mattress in future . What do they look like , what should I look for in the mattress and can they live in wardrobes ?
Dark spots of blood. They are attracted by carbon dioxide at night (so breathing) I 🤔 so may not see them during the day. They can also live in cracks, furniture & light switch casings. I do use packing cubes & put those in the drawers, rather than unpacking clothes into drawers. Also I am going to take my hand held steamer to iron my clothes next time so that should kill anything.
I travel a lot , ive fortunately never encountered bed bugs . I'm going to be mindful of not unpacking on the bed and checking the mattress in future . What do they look like , what should I look for in the mattress and can they live in wardrobes ?
Well I was ready to burn the house down. I have a relative who worked for Rentakil, he put the fear of God in me when we brought one home! We stayed in a hotel near Gatwick and yes we put our cases on the bed. Then we came home and did it again! Don’t do what we did. When it occurred to us that was why I was getting bitten and we had decided to get the extermination team in we were so lucky. I got out of bed very gently and pulled the covers back very slowly and there the little ** was! Readers I squashed it. MY blood on the sheet but the end of the invasion. Such a relief. We’ve just come back from a break away and unpacked in the porch.
Bathroom is best place for your case until you have checked the bed, or one of those racks if the room is lucky to have one.
Oh dear my friend brought them home once. She had to call out a professional for advice and help as they'll be on your belongings too
Some pest control companies even have specially trained sniffer dogs to seek them out. One house had such a bad infestation, that the things were even inside the sofa 😩
Always use the suitcase stand, rather than putting your bag on the bed When you get up in the morning, check the base sheet for tiny pin pricks of blood. You think the bites are the worst that can happen? No. Transferring them into your home is far worse, and ridiculously expensive, replacing mattresses, bedframes (they can get into the joins), getting pest control in etc
I must have been lucky, I’ve stayed in all sorts of places and countries and never encountered a bed bug, I never gave them a thought, and took no precautions.
I suggest you look at B&B reviews online and contact B&B. If you have been bitten you can be sure that others have too. The B&B may be unaware that they have a problem.
I have been told that this is effective but could be dangerous. I always keep my cases in the bath when traveling and I tell my guests not to put theirs on my beds. Why do people do that, especially when I show them there is an oblong stool to use.
I always check the mattress & keep my suitcase off the bed. Surprising how many people unpack their case on top of the bed. I would die if I ever brought those things home with me.
Honestly MT62 you would not die due to bed bugs!!!!!
I know franbern, I wouldn’t literally die!!! But I don’t want bedbugs in my house thank you very much. My OCD would go through the roof! So will keep checking when I go away.