Gransnet forums

Food

Shortbread

(31 Posts)
Stansgran Wed 30-Sept-26 21:11:35

I know homemade shortbread is best but can anyone recommend a make which is as good as homemade? I’ve just come back from Scotland and bought some homemade in a cake shop and also bought some with seaweed in it which we aren’t tried yet. Some we tried was quite good but not available here and some was not very good at all. I’m just longing for comfort food at the moment

TillyTrotter Sun 04-Oct-26 09:09:00

I hope so, they make super gifts .

Harris27 Sun 04-Oct-26 09:28:39

I buy Ringtons’s big box as a treat which lasts us. But normally it’s aldis Belmont for me.

OldFrill Sun 04-Oct-26 09:53:11

I wonder who makes the branded shortbread for Aldi, Ringtons, M&S etc. I'm always curious where "own brands" originated, extremely lucrative contracts.

TillyTrotter Wed 07-Oct-26 16:47:27

I saw, so I bought, some of the Aldi shortbread fingers today on your recommendation UTBB . 🙂

Margs Wed 07-Oct-26 17:15:41

Seaweedy Shortbread? Ye Gods!