No, Smileless, l agree it wasn't offensive, so why bother to do it that way.
Sorry, OP, this distracts from your problem. I maintained a very occasional email relationship with my ES for about six years. But l realised l could never get past the manipulations of his wife, that email can be misinterpreted and that some of his messages caused me distress. I think we could have continued in this way. He would not phone me. He had told me that his childhood had been very happy. Anyway, I've sadly given up now after a very distressing message to me that l believe he later regretted.
I hope you manage to keep contact and don't give up on the grandchildren--they may see what the situation really is as they get older.
Good Morning Friday 9th October 2026
First woman murdered by early release prisoner. How many more?
Is Badenoch trying to make Britain a “mini-USA”?


.