I would advise you to read Why We Eat (Too Much) by Dr. Andrew Jenkinson. He is a bariatric surgeon who has listened to his patients and understands the topic of obesity very well. I learnt a lot from this book. One of the biggest cons of the past half century has been the low fat myth. There are many, many highly processed products that claim to be low fat but have a list of chemicals as long as your arm. If you compare an ultra low fat spread with butter, butter contains one ingredient - milk. The ultra low fat spread contains vast quantities of eye dazzling chemicals, which all convert into carbohydrates; the main carbohydrate being sugar and it is sugar that is the biggest culprit in the obesity epidemic. Butter tastes a lot better, too.
As this book points out, Slimming World and other such organisations are businesses. Their diets work in the short term but, despite their promoting the idea of an eating plan for life rather than a diet, this is not true for the vast majority of people as they get bored with it and fall off the wagon. The lost weight creeps back on; slowly at first but then, all too often, gathering pace until the person weighs even more than they did in the first place. This is not accidental. As businesses, they rely on returning customers.
I think in your position, I would look at Mounjaro or Wegovy, especially as you are pre-diabetic. I find intermittent fasting is the one thing that helps me but I don't know how suitable it is for pre-diabetes. As for me, I am going to try chia seeds.
Hegseth wants to livestream execution !


…more for me though…