Gransnet forums

Chat

D'you Reckon That When Trump Dies.......

(122 Posts)
Margs Sat 10-Oct-26 07:07:52

........he will be accorded a State Funeral as dignified as President Kennedy's?

Or will he get the funeral he REALLY deserves........

Just a whimsical thought on a wet Saturday morning.

pably15 Sat 10-Oct-26 15:35:47

Sago

What an unpleasant thread.

Befitting a very unpleasant man

Dickens Sat 10-Oct-26 15:45:31

rafichagran

Joanofarc99

I agree too...not nice

I am uncomfortable wishing anyone dead. Even the revolting Trump. X

... can I join you on what is now viewed as the moral high ground? Though I did think I was just making a point rather than attempting such dizzying heights.

As much as I detest Trump, those I dislike even more are the supposedly intelligent individuals/sycophants who can see quite clearly his malignant narcissism but who, for the sake of their own vested interests, refuse to speak out and figuratively - sometimes literally - pat him on the back.

Tyrants only remain powerful because they have the backing and support of others. Though I would say that, in the case of Pete Hegseth, the man is so deluded by his own brand of narcissism he's totally unable to recognise it in Trump. But Vance, on the other hand, who is no dim-wit, attempting to distance himself from the execution livestreaming debacle with almost an air of nonchalance stating that "it's unlikely to happen" and that he "wouldn't be watching it anyway"... knows full well the type of man he's dealing with - didn't he once liken Trump to Hitler?

So it's the 'Vances' and all those others like him, without their support, Trump would've remained the dealmaker/breaker of a now outdated TV series. Instead, they along with the Evangelists / Christian nationalists have fomented an ultra right-wing cult and chosen a monster as its leader - one who's debating 'skills' rely solely on the methods of a carnival-barker at rallies and conventions.

I still don't wish a malevolent death on him though.

Oreo Sat 10-Oct-26 15:50:58

Sago

eazybee

What an unpleasant thread.

I’m glad I am not alone.

I think you’re not alone, far from it.
Perhaps the OP will be back to start a similar one on Putin.
Plus anyone here approaching 80 may be feeling a little put out by a couple of replies.

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 15:56:05

I’m not understanding why those who feel this thread is so “unpleasant”, keep returning to it?

This is a genuine comment/question, not intended to dismiss, patronise, insult or in any other way cause offence.

I don’t find this “thread”, unpleasant.

If I did, I’d stop commenting, I would not announce this, I’d simply leave and never return to any thread I found unpleasant or in any way disturbing.

I’ll repeat, that I don’t feel this was the intention of the OP.

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 15:57:05

Obvious move: if you don't want to discuss the O/P, ie trumps actual behaviour, dig in with some tiffs.

Can we return to the subject? Surely for example what I brought up, like the diesel purchase, is more important than saying you agree or disagree with a tiff?

Mind you an O/P has come up on the mid- terms.
www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/a1362153-Mid-Term-elections

Galaxy Sat 10-Oct-26 16:00:44

Posters who are getting upset by what we are saying can scroll on by too cant they.
Applies equally I would have thought.

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 16:01:29

I’m sorry, but I still cannot see on here where the OP, or anyone else on here, has actually “wished Trump dead” or a “malevolent death”.

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 16:02:26

Galaxy

Posters who are getting upset by what we are saying can scroll on by too cant they.
Applies equally I would have thought.

Absolutely.

Aveline Sat 10-Oct-26 16:18:18

While I remember - I do wish Putin dead. Sooner the better.

LemonJam Sat 10-Oct-26 16:18:41

There are no grounds for claiming the OP/this thread is wishing Trump dead - as quite simply no poster has said that.

There are also no grounds for claiming any poster wishes Trump to have a 'malevolent death' - as quite simply no poster has said that.

Perceiving this thread to be 'unpleasant' is a personal view. An poster holding that view is able to give the thread a body swerve and leave Gransnet to moderate.

LemonJam Sat 10-Oct-26 16:19:38

Cossy- sorry crossed posts 💐

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 16:19:56

All this 'been kind' about Trump, will it migrate to the 'boat' Threads?

JamesandJon33 Sat 10-Oct-26 16:20:47

There will be a cry of Hallelujah around the world

Cillafan Sat 10-Oct-26 16:25:33

Cossy

“Cillafan

Sago
What an unpleasant thread.
I agree, people who despise him so are letting Donald reside 'rent-free' in their minds, whatever he's thought of, no one can say he hasn't raised his children to be fine, upstanding citizens, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, just living a decent, law-abiding life......smile“

Is this some type of irony???

No irony, just the truth, the media will never be able to rake up the dirt on Donald's offspring, simply because there is none !......smile

Cillafan Sat 10-Oct-26 16:27:05

Aveline

While I remember - I do wish Putin dead. Sooner the better.

Yes, I like to see Putin taken out also, I'm sure an elite squad could !.....shock

Oreo Sat 10-Oct-26 16:29:48

Cossy

I’m not understanding why those who feel this thread is so “unpleasant”, keep returning to it?

This is a genuine comment/question, not intended to dismiss, patronise, insult or in any other way cause offence.

I don’t find this “thread”, unpleasant.

If I did, I’d stop commenting, I would not announce this, I’d simply leave and never return to any thread I found unpleasant or in any way disturbing.

I’ll repeat, that I don’t feel this was the intention of the OP.

That’s my first and only post on this subject, just returning to point that out.
But in any case different points of view can surely be accommodated.

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 16:29:51

Have you heard of the Tate Brothers, Cillafan?
They are in prison just now, awaiting extradition to the UK for some very serious and disgusting crimes.
Barron Trump was frequently in their company.

Oreo Sat 10-Oct-26 16:36:16

shysal

NanKate

He is an absolute disgrace. He has just done a big deal with Putin which will badly affect Ukraine. I never thought I could hate anyone so much.

I am not normally a hater, but he is so dangerous! I have never wished anyone dead before, but that is the only way to rid the world of this evil man..

Cossy just bringing up a few replies wishing him dead.

Oreo Sat 10-Oct-26 16:37:06

petra

I would gladly spit on his grave for all the damage he has done to millions of people.
There are some people in this world who have no right to breath oxygen. He’s one of many.

I’m reminded of a line from Bob Dylan.
I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes.
You’d know what a drag it is to see you.

Another here

Oreo Sat 10-Oct-26 16:37:28

TheWeirdoAgain60

The old witch is 80, so hopefully it will drop dead soon, and when it finally dies, it should just be dumped in the same sewer it crawled out of!

And another

Cillafan Sat 10-Oct-26 16:37:45

Maremia

Have you heard of the Tate Brothers, Cillafan?
They are in prison just now, awaiting extradition to the UK for some very serious and disgusting crimes.
Barron Trump was frequently in their company.

I have, and I couldn't care less about them, I don't believe Barron would get up to anything naughty, he's too young for starters, plus he would have round the clock bodyguards, they would hear and see things (if true) I'm sure, if I'm (eventually) proved wrong, then so be it, he's a credit to his parents......smile

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 16:40:50

Maremia

Have you heard of the Tate Brothers, Cillafan?
They are in prison just now, awaiting extradition to the UK for some very serious and disgusting crimes.
Barron Trump was frequently in their company.

You must be mistaken 🤣😂🤣😂 Apparently there is no dirt on these rather special and amazing children!

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 16:42:04

Oreo Fair enough smile You win.

LemonJam Sat 10-Oct-26 16:42:31

Cillafan

Cossy

“Cillafan

Sago
What an unpleasant thread.
I agree, people who despise him so are letting Donald reside 'rent-free' in their minds, whatever he's thought of, no one can say he hasn't raised his children to be fine, upstanding citizens, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, just living a decent, law-abiding life......smile“

Is this some type of irony???

No irony, just the truth, the media will never be able to rake up the dirt on Donald's offspring, simply because there is none !......smile

Somewhat misguided. The media has already dug up dirt on Trump's off spring.

LemonJam Sat 10-Oct-26 16:43:33

More to come no doubt once Trump leaves office.