Gransnet forums

Chat

D'you Reckon That When Trump Dies.......

(115 Posts)
Margs Sat 10-Oct-26 07:07:52

........he will be accorded a State Funeral as dignified as President Kennedy's?

Or will he get the funeral he REALLY deserves........

Just a whimsical thought on a wet Saturday morning.

Dickens Sat 10-Oct-26 12:24:18

TheWeirdoAgain60

The old witch is 80, so hopefully it will drop dead soon, and when it finally dies, it should just be dumped in the same sewer it crawled out of!

This is the problem I have with the thread's original approach.

Obviously TheWeirdoAgain60 you're entitled to your opinion but can't you see that what you've posted could be categorised as similar to the type of rhetoric that you would probably condemn Trump for indulging in?

I find the man deeply unpleasant and certainly won't mourn his death, but in spite of the fact it's an inevitability at some point - I don't wish it. I don't wish it on anyone, truly. And the reason (which does sound pious, I know) - is that he is a human being, regardless. I don't want to become so desensitised that I can start thinking of human beings as "its".

That's apart from the fact that there's a case to be made for the way he is. Delve a little into his family background and the environment in which he was raised (his niece is a good resource) and you might conclude that the way he turned out was probably largely inevitable. I'm not excusing him, but I'd bet my house he wasn't born like that - he was shaped - by the totality of the environment in which he was raised... that's the real evil.

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 12:29:20

Yes.

the problem with that kind of throwaway remark is that anyone who offers a negative Trump "review" like that gets tarred with the same brush, but its far more nuanced.

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 12:39:04

“Cillafan

Sago
What an unpleasant thread.
I agree, people who despise him so are letting Donald reside 'rent-free' in their minds, whatever he's thought of, no one can say he hasn't raised his children to be fine, upstanding citizens, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, just living a decent, law-abiding life......smile“

Is this some type of irony???

nanna8 Sat 10-Oct-26 12:39:29

This thread is making me sick now . Okay Trump is ghastly but so are some of these vile comments. Bye👋

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 12:39:47

Aveline

How wonderful it must be up on the moral high ground! However, with my eyes and ears I see and hear the appalling and unforgivable things that man has done. How many are dead, injured or starving due entirely to his actions.
The price of his diesel deal with Putin will be paid in Ukrainian lives.

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 12:44:26

nanna8

This thread is making me sick now . Okay Trump is ghastly but so are some of these vile comments. Bye👋

We’ll leave it Nanna8, I’m not being rude or insulting, I’m saying you should stop reading a thread which makes you mentally, physically or emotionally unwell.

I’m pretty much sure that wasn’t the intention of the OP or any of us posting.

I’ve not seen people actually wishing him dead, but rather stating they’ll not be at all sorry when he is dead.

This man, both alone, and with those he chooses as his allies are simply despicable people and their actions will continue to permeate long long after their deaths.

Seriously, please take a break and have a nice hot or cold drink.

No one on here, I’m pretty sure, would want anyone else on here feeling unwell because of a post.

DaisyAnneReturns Sat 10-Oct-26 13:05:59

eazybee

What an unpleasant thread.

Life is full of unpleasant things. Should we - do you close your eyes to all of them.

Perhaps we should all be kinder to Attila the Hun?

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 13:11:24

Well listen up "disgusted and I'm off "GN's.

Trump has just done a deal with Putin to supply millions of barrels of diesel oil

Trampling over his so called support for the Ukraine.

Because it's the mid term elections coming up. Because Trump started the war with Iran.

Now, just a little while ago, he signed documents to give further support to the Ukraine, partly because of the work of and respect for Senator Lindsey Graham, who was the biggest supporter on the Trumpian Right of Ukraine

And he praised Graham to the skies when he gave the funeral eulogy.

He's just trampled on his memory.

So come back in and tell me, those "leaving in disgust" why we should have any consideration for Trump at all?

butterandjam Sat 10-Oct-26 13:15:52

Cossy

nanna8

This thread is making me sick now . Okay Trump is ghastly but so are some of these vile comments. Bye👋

We’ll leave it Nanna8, I’m not being rude or insulting, I’m saying you should stop reading a thread which makes you mentally, physically or emotionally unwell.

I’m pretty much sure that wasn’t the intention of the OP or any of us posting.

I’ve not seen people actually wishing him dead, but rather stating they’ll not be at all sorry when he is dead.

This man, both alone, and with those he chooses as his allies are simply despicable people and their actions will continue to permeate long long after their deaths.

Seriously, please take a break and have a nice hot or cold drink.

No one on here, I’m pretty sure, would want anyone else on here feeling unwell because of a post.

Cossy, that was rude, dismissive, and unspeakably patronising.

Astitchintime Sat 10-Oct-26 13:19:46

If a follower of Taylor Swift is referred to as a Swiftie could a Trump supporter be referred to as a Trumpie? Just asking 🤷‍♀️

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 13:24:01

I dont juste it as such, butterandjam

but "going off in a huff" without really explaining what it is about the different elements of the thread that offend and those that don't is just a sort of grandstanding maybe? Just walk on by or present a different POV?

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 13:35:40

judge not juste

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 13:42:32

butterandjam You simply cannot be serious?

You’ve clearly and quite deliberately read it this way.

I make no apology for my words, I simply stated the truth, who on earth on here would ever want to make another poster feel physically sick?

What’s more, may I respectfully remind you that I am not the OP.

I won’t state what I feel about your post, I have better manners.

Graphite Sat 10-Oct-26 14:02:38

Just to say, Trump would absolutely love this! Doesn’t matter to a narcissist whether you tell them you love them or hate them, bake them a cake or leave a steaming dog turd on their doorstep. Either way, they know they have your attention.

Former U.S. presidents do not automatically receive a full State funeral. The arrangements are optional and depend on the wishes of the President and their family.

As far we know, there is no verified, official plan for Trump’s funeral.

What does it matter anyway? Trump could have the longevity of former President Carter, in which case, few of us will be here to see it.

Why fall out?

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 14:05:23

Graphite

Just to say, Trump would absolutely love this! Doesn’t matter to a narcissist whether you tell them you love them or hate them, bake them a cake or leave a steaming dog turd on their doorstep. Either way, they know they have your attention.

Former U.S. presidents do not automatically receive a full State funeral. The arrangements are optional and depend on the wishes of the President and their family.

As far we know, there is no verified, official plan for Trump’s funeral.

What does it matter anyway? Trump could have the longevity of former President Carter, in which case, few of us will be here to see it.

Why fall out?

flowers

Kandinsky Sat 10-Oct-26 14:08:50

Seriously, please take a break and have a nice hot or cold drink

If this isn’t extremely patronising I don’t know what is.

BlessedArt Sat 10-Oct-26 14:09:51

Ahhh the virtue-signaling from those who think this thread is “unpleasant” about a man who:

A. Was proven in court to have lied about raping someone.

B. Who admits he isn’t going to heaven when he dies.

C. Calls for violence toward his political enemies.

D. Most importantly, is currently the cause of thousands of dead men, women, and children all for economic gain.

E. Lobs insults daily about the others.

Kandinsky Sat 10-Oct-26 14:19:05

‘When they go low, we go high’

Thought that would be your mantra.

Obviously not.

rafichagran Sat 10-Oct-26 14:19:35

Joanofarc99

I agree too...not nice

I am uncomfortable wishing anyone dead. Even the revolting Trump. X

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 14:20:57

“Kandinsky

Seriously, please take a break and have a nice hot or cold drink

If this isn’t extremely patronising I don’t know what is.“

I don’t need to defend my posts.

However, I’m aware that written word v face-to-face contact, can be very easily misinterpreted, either consciously or sub-consciously.

It was not intended nor written to be patronising, insulting, rude, dismissive, it came from a good place of concern.

If all, or any of you, have chosen to interpret it otherwise, then I’m afraid that is very much your issue, not mine.

It always amuses the “pile-ons” which come from a very small group of people on here, when you feel you’re supporting someone you perceive has been deliberately been “insulted” in some way.

When in reality, all you’re doing is using this as an excuse to “have a go” at someone whose overall views, politics and beliefs “offend” you.

rafichagran Sat 10-Oct-26 14:26:27

Sorry don't know where the X came from.

BlessedArt Sat 10-Oct-26 14:35:19

Kandinsky

‘When they go low, we go high’

Thought that would be your mantra.

Obviously not.

It’s not even Michelle Obama’s mantra anymore.

And no matter how “low” any of us get we’ll never get near to the low of bombing 100 children and teachers in school.

LemonJam Sat 10-Oct-26 14:49:44

A thread about a deeply unpleasant man whose actions have been appallingly, on so many levels on so many occasions. There are few posters that revere him. There are few posters who have pleasant things to say about this man's unpleasant actions on so many occasions- which is hardly surprising.

Posters can choose whether to post or not. Posters can post their views and comments- they do not need the permission of other posters and neither are they required to defend their personal views on this unpleasant man. Some posters are taking the moral high ground- but any moral high ground in respect of this unpleasant man is shaky ground.

Posters can leave the thread if they perceive comments of others upsetting and trust in Gransnet to moderate.

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 14:58:42

Thank you Lemonjam

I cant genuinely see any high moral ground Trump can claim, I think he is unbalanced believes he is a God, and a degenerate.

As I said just unthread, selling Ukraine out for diesel to rescue his election chances due to a war he had started -

I mean, you couldn't make it up, could you?

Does anyone think is even borderline OK

Its sick. sick.

BlessedArt Sat 10-Oct-26 15:20:41

Many here think it’s more than borderline okay that Trump does and says what he does. There will always be people who see evil and it will resonate with them. No evil man ever came to power without both passive and actionable support. History has shown us this time and time again.