Gransnet forums

Chat

D'you Reckon That When Trump Dies.......

(75 Posts)
Margs Sat 10-Oct-26 07:07:52

........he will be accorded a State Funeral as dignified as President Kennedy's?

Or will he get the funeral he REALLY deserves........

Just a whimsical thought on a wet Saturday morning.

Grammaretto Sat 10-Oct-26 10:18:09

Offensive to some but not a patch on the horrors this monster has wreaked on so many over the too many years.

I hope he fades away, soon.

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 10:21:14

It’s no worse than those who literally celebrated Thatcher’s death by playing and singing “Ding Dong, the witch is dead”.

I didn’t agree with much of Thatcher's policies but I did respect her work ethic, the fact that she made it to the rank of our first female PM and she was a highly educated and intelligent woman.

I don’t feel Trump has any of these qualities. I don’t feel Trump has any qualities.

He’s 80 and clearly not in the best physical condition and I suspect his days on earth are numbered.

Aldom Sat 10-Oct-26 10:24:02

nanna8

Of course he will get a state funeral. He still has a fair number of supporters whatever we might think. I agree it is a very unpleasant thread,too.

All USA presidents are entitled to a state funeral. They usually make their preference known early in their presidency. The final decision rests with the family.

Chestnut Sat 10-Oct-26 10:28:44

ronib

I was pulled up recently as describing someone as “important” …. No one is more important than anyone else. As humans we’re all equal. I can go along with that.

As the old saying goes. All men are equal but some are more equal than others.

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 10:33:38

I don't wish him dead. But I can understand those who feel that way especially those at the sharp end. But no, I don't wish anyone dead.

But people have a right here to say what they feel. Nothing has been said that is anything remotely as bad as Trump himself has spoken.

AI came up with just these US ones - never mind "obliterating Iran" which of course includes all the innocents.

The most prominent examples of Donald Trump making statements regarding the death or execution of individuals or groups include:

1. Celebrating the Death of Robert Mueller

Following the death of former FBI Director and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, Trump explicitly celebrated the news on Truth Social.Instagram·Dana Bash
• The Quote: “Good, I'm glad he's dead.” He added that "Mueller can no longer hurt innocent people."YouTube·NBC Montana+1

2. Accusing Democratic Lawmakers of Seditious Behavior Punishable by Death

Trump targeted six Democratic lawmakers with military or national security backgrounds who had released a video advising service members to refuse unlawful orders. On Truth Social, Trump shared a post containing a call for their execution.BBC+1

• The Quote: Trump accused them of "seditious behaviour, punishable by death." On the same day, he amplified a user's post that asked, "LOCK THEM UP???" and added, HANG THEM GEORGE WASHINGTON WOULD He later told Fox News that he was "not threatening death" but rather pointing out historical punishments.BBC+2

3. Suggesting General Mark Milley Deserved Execution

Trump attacked his former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley, over phone calls Milley made to reassure Chinese officials during the transition period of late 2020 and early 2021.The Atlantic
• The Quote: “This is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH.”The Atlantic

4. Rhetoric Regarding Cities and Foreign Conflict

During a campaign rally discussing military actions and rising energy costs, Trump minimized the potential human toll of a broader foreign conflict, suggesting certain American cities could be sacrificed.Instagram·Heather Cox Richardson

• The Quote: While arguing that higher fuel prices were a small price to pay to stop nuclear development, he told the crowd, "let them take out Los Angeles" and "let them take out San Diego," stating that the conflict would be over quickly.Instagram·Heather Cox Richardson

and on and on.

JenniferEccles Sat 10-Oct-26 10:50:59

You are certainly not alone Sago.
Some of the comments on here are deeply distasteful.

Cossy Sat 10-Oct-26 11:02:10

JenniferEccles

You are certainly not alone Sago.
Some of the comments on here are deeply distasteful.

But they are simply comments and people can scroll on by.

Those deeply affected by Trumps actual actions cannot do this, some are dead, some are locked away, some are in poverty.

Margs Sat 10-Oct-26 11:08:37

GrannyGravy13

I think he will be cryogenically stored until the US has perfected the technology to bring him back…

Nooooooooo!

Cillafan Sat 10-Oct-26 11:25:18

Sago

What an unpleasant thread.

I agree, people who despise him so are letting Donald reside 'rent-free' in their minds, whatever he's thought of, no one can say he hasn't raised his children to be fine, upstanding citizens, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, just living a decent, law-abiding life......smile

petra Sat 10-Oct-26 11:36:05

I would gladly spit on his grave for all the damage he has done to millions of people.
There are some people in this world who have no right to breath oxygen. He’s one of many.

I’m reminded of a line from Bob Dylan.
I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes.
You’d know what a drag it is to see you.

Kandinsky Sat 10-Oct-26 11:37:37

I hope I never get to a stage where, early on a Saturday morning, I’m posting on the internet how much I hate someone and wish them dead.

Spinnaker Sat 10-Oct-26 11:40:27

Kandinsky

I hope I never get to a stage where, early on a Saturday morning, I’m posting on the internet how much I hate someone and wish them dead.

And calling it whimsical. What an appalling thread.

Aveline Sat 10-Oct-26 11:45:00

How wonderful it must be up on the moral high ground! However, with my eyes and ears I see and hear the appalling and unforgivable things that man has done. How many are dead, injured or starving due entirely to his actions.
The price of his diesel deal with Putin will be paid in Ukrainian lives.

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 11:51:59

What an unpleasant man.

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 11:55:14

And his children appear to be free loading grifters, just like him

How much have they earned during his second term?

greyfur16 Sat 10-Oct-26 11:59:49

Kandinsky

I hope I never get to a stage where, early on a Saturday morning, I’m posting on the internet how much I hate someone and wish them dead.

But you are replying?

Delila Sat 10-Oct-26 12:00:48

Kandinsky

I hope I never get to a stage where, early on a Saturday morning, I’m posting on the internet how much I hate someone and wish them dead.

It shows how far Trump’s actions have pushed perfectly decent people.

watermeadow Sat 10-Oct-26 12:01:40

Don’t be silly, he’s not going to die. Ever. That would mean giving up.

Syracute Sat 10-Oct-26 12:02:11

I hope before he dies that he is held accountable for the numerous crimes he has committed. That he and his family get sent to jail for their grifting and stealing from US citizens.
That the trial is live-streamed so that the world can see that justice was served.

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 12:04:47

Aveline

How wonderful it must be up on the moral high ground! However, with my eyes and ears I see and hear the appalling and unforgivable things that man has done. How many are dead, injured or starving due entirely to his actions.
The price of his diesel deal with Putin will be paid in Ukrainian lives.

Quite.

Whats the point pretending that people don't think these things?

Hashtag "Not a 😇"

Kandinsky Sat 10-Oct-26 12:06:03

The old witch is 80, so hopefully it will drop dead soon, and when it finally dies, it should just be dumped in the same sewer it crawled out of!

Offensive on so many levels - not least because many posters on here are around the same age as Donald Trump.
Doesn’t sound like this particular poster thinks they’ve got much time left.

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 12:11:27

Are you asking Posters to 'be kind', Galaxy?

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 12:12:14

tell it like it is

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 12:13:03

I agree Kandinsky, Trump is offensive on so many levels.

Wyllow3 Sat 10-Oct-26 12:21:12

I don't think Melania is that keen either.