Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 10-Oct-26 04:56:27

Good Morning Everyone ,
A dark but a dry start to the day here in Brackley.
Routine after breakfast will get an early bus into Bicester have a coffee and snack , do a shop hopefully see people I know.
With one the last one day cycle races on TV from Italy , this is my aim to watch the race .
I may have a Chinese take away later.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Oct-26 08:59:50

Happy Anniversary to you both kitty enjoy your meal 🥂.

grandMattie Sat 10-Oct-26 09:19:51

MD, I’m 99% sure that my unwellness is due to the vaccines I received last week, and also overdoing stuff in the last fortnight. I just need to be kinder to myself - as indeed so should you, only more so!

Marydoll Sat 10-Oct-26 09:23:34

grandMattie

*MD*, I’m 99% sure that my unwellness is due to the vaccines I received last week, and also overdoing stuff in the last fortnight. I just need to be kinder to myself - as indeed so should you, only more so!

I have listened to my own advice and have cut right back on my activities.

My chronic, unmanagle health conditions are to blame and little chance of any improvement.

I am resigned to that.

Harris27 Sat 10-Oct-26 09:33:35

All good here but hasn’t the temperature dropped? We have had the best summer though no need to go abroad. We are discussing a weekend away but can’t decide where to go. So leafing through some ideas. A trip to M&S and hubby at the footie this afternoon will get cracking with some baking and my music on the radio! Have a good one all.

GrandmaC47 Sat 10-Oct-26 09:36:12

Happy Anniversary to you both,*Kittylester*.
Gingster, Strictly is viewable on iPads through the BBC app not as good as on the big screen but better than missing it 😀

TheWeirdoAgain60 Sat 10-Oct-26 10:16:37

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

Grandmabatty, the egg and veg muffins look gorgeous. I've never had them, but they really do look very tasty!

Marzipan22 - what an adorable plant!

I had to call the police to Mr Creep last night! I was having another bad night with nightmares, sickness, thumping headaches and a whole lot of other stuff related to meno and was sitting on the edge of the bed about 11 pm, guzzling tea, then cold water and cucumber slices to try to ease it.

Since I left home at 16 and moved to my own place, I've always had loads of locks and bolts on my doors, and then yonks ago I got the camera doorbell with the voice recordings. Long story short, but it all relates to when I was a kid and teen, mostly regarding men. No offence intended to any males on here!

Yesterday, Mr Creep found me on FB and sent me a friend request, so I deleted and blocked. That's the second time. His posts were all about sheer hatred of women. Just 100% evil views. In one post, he even said ''Period and menopause are made up, all in their tiny minds'' and '' The pain of birthing is vastly exagerated''.

So I was sitting there drinking, and the doorbell went. I checked my mobile, and he was standing right in front of the camera, and I could hear him demanding to know why I wouldn't accept his friend request and why I'd done that twice. I'd totally had enough! If he hates women so much, then why is he sending a woman friend requests and why has he got 3 ex-wives, who are all women?!

I called the police, and I also grabbed the written diary I'm keeping of his actions since I first moved here in January, and quickly wrote out what he was doing there and then, dates, times, etc., while waiting for the cops.

Two male coppers arrived only about 15 minutes later and read the diary while he was ranting about the non-friend request. I told them about his FB posts. They were utterly brilliant and worked hard at trying to sort him out as I stood a few feet back, shaking from top to toe. All of us in the car park. At one point, he shouted ''I don't understand why she hates me! She should move so then a housewife and mother can move in, not a ^^ing unmarried, childless working woman!''

The cops arrested him there and then and carted him off to the station, so we'll see what happens over the next few days!

The funny bit was when I went back to the kitchen to make another cuppa as the previous one had gone cold, and 4 of my slugs friends, Larry, Curly, Mo and Shemp, were all lounging around on the draining board in weird angles! They always make me laugh!

So I'm here at work, looking and feeling awful, waiting for customers, guzzling a can of Monster!

I'll see you all on Monday!

Melanie61 Sat 10-Oct-26 10:46:24

bellasnanaflowers

Doodle Sat 10-Oct-26 10:48:20

Happy anniversary to Kitty and Mr Lester . Have a lovely day 🥂

Susan56 Sat 10-Oct-26 10:49:14

How frightening TheWeirdo.I’m glad the police were helpful and something is done about him💐

monk08 Sat 10-Oct-26 12:04:22

TheWeirdo sorry you had a fright hopefully the police will do something about him perhaps a restraining order.

karmalady Sat 10-Oct-26 12:10:24

Oh my goodness Wierdo I am so pleased that the police raced to your support. Stand tall, you are a strong person and a stalking, woman-hater will not defeat you. Woman power to you Wierdo

Aldom Sat 10-Oct-26 12:38:49

What a very distressing experience Weirdo. I hope this man leaves you in peace now.
Look after yourself and stay safe.