Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 10th October 2026

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 10-Oct-26 04:56:27

Good Morning Everyone ,
A dark but a dry start to the day here in Brackley.
Routine after breakfast will get an early bus into Bicester have a coffee and snack , do a shop hopefully see people I know.
With one the last one day cycle races on TV from Italy , this is my aim to watch the race .
I may have a Chinese take away later.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Liberty Sat 10-Oct-26 08:06:47

A sunny start to the morning here in Suffolk after a torrential but short lived rain storm yesterday. The garden will have appreciated it.

Our lovely young cleaners are coming this morning because of an appointment one had on their usual day. After the usual dog walk we plan to go to the local garden centre to get a couple of rose bushes to fill gaps in a flower bed recently cleared of weeds….not by me.

I have bulbs to plant and a tray of violas for various pots which,given the rain yesterday,should be easier.

I hope those including Bella who are feeling under the weather have a better day and all enjoy a peaceful day.

Georgesgran Sat 10-Oct-26 08:07:35

Good Morning from Durham. It’s very windy here again and that’s going to keep it feeling around 2c all day.
I’ve Little Dog here for the weekend, so I’ll walk him in 2 different places today. One’s an easy walk, the other not, but a dog makes exercise seem easier.

Best wishes to all. X

kittylester Sat 10-Oct-26 08:15:02

Good morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

Today is our 56th wedding anniversary and the weather way back then was similar but quite windy too. We are going for a meal at a nice restaurant in the village.

Wishing Bella well and hoping everyone has a good day.

GrannyIvy Sat 10-Oct-26 08:17:40

Good morning from a sunny but feels chilly Cambridgeshire. I haven’t managed to post recently but do enjoy reading the thread when I can.

Bellasnana sending best wishes to you and hope you will soon be back. Also sending good wishes to everyone struggling 🌷

Today I’m hoping to go shopping I need a posh dress and if I find one I like it doesn’t look right on me! I will try again today.

Later it will be chicken salad and chips and Strictly. I’m not liking the new presenters but enjoy the dancing so staying with it.

Wishing everyone a happy peaceful day

MawsRosie Sat 10-Oct-26 08:19:55

kittylester

Good morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

Today is our 56th wedding anniversary and the weather way back then was similar but quite windy too. We are going for a meal at a nice restaurant in the village.

Wishing Bella well and hoping everyone has a good day.

Congratulations Kitty and Mr Lester! 🥂🍾

(1970 was a vintage year for weddings! )

monk08 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:29:52

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
Will possibly meet with DS and the boys after they finish gymnastics, friends coming later so we will go over to the club.
Bellas hope you feel better soon.
Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs kittylester 🍾🥂 enjoy your meal.
Safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Usual Saturday full English calling so will come back later to catch up.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:30:08

Happy Anniversary kittylester and Mr kl 🥂🍾

brook2704 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:32:49

Wishing you both a very Happy Anniversary Kitty enjoy your special day together 🥂💐❤️

BlueSapphire Sat 10-Oct-26 08:32:49

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton. The rain held off yesterday so my gardener was able to come and cut the grass and do a general tidy up.

Decided just now that I need to change to the autumn duvet, so that's my main task this morning.
Then an earlier lunch and out to watch live rugby this afternoon, playing Bath at home today so fingers crossed! 💛💚💛💚
Just got a venison casserole out of the freezer to reheat when I get home, along with a jacket potato.

Contacted Bellasnana yesterday, and she needs to take a short bteak. Hope to see her shortly when my cruise ship calls into Malta.

Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday.

dragonfly46 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:33:23

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

I have just surfaced as my phone woke me in the night. When I looked at it it said verify. I stupidly clicked on the link and saw that some unknown was trying to take 2 pence from my account. I came out of the page quickly and AI tells me I did the right think. I have clicked on all my accounts and they are intact.

Today I shall wander round the market.

Happy Anniversary kitty.
Sending Bella a hug.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:33:31

Happy anniversary from me too kitty! Enjoy a romantic evening together. xx

Gingster Sat 10-Oct-26 08:34:43

Good morning all and the sun is peeking through with blue skies, as GG has said.

Yesterday’s trip to Brick Lane was funfilled and the afternoon tea delicious and plentiful. The Old Tyme Music Hall show was great and the elderly compère/comedian , hilarious. Very talented singers, violinist and musical group very professional.
Coach journey there and back excellent and we were home by 6.30.
We came out full of joy.

Not much on today, the builders will be back on Monday for another full day. They’ve worked tirelessly for 5 days and still lots to be done before the plasterer comes on Tuesday.
This is only a replacement roof on the conservatory but so much work involved.

So the house is still topsy turvy and will be for some time as we need a new carpet in there , and will have to wait for that to be fitted after painter and electrician come and we can move furniture back.,
Never mind all will be well.,

The only downside is Dh and I having differing TV taste. We do compromise but
He won’t want to watch Strictly. I wonder if I can watch it in my I pad (live).,🤔. ?

Not much on today but I’ll pop up to town to M and S for a Thai meal. They do good takeaway meals so this will be a big step up from our debacle last Saturday with our Fish and Chips delivery .

I hope you feel better today GM .,not like you to be off colour. 💐
Bellasnanna take as long as you need but know we’re call thinking of you.,💐.,
Madeleine and Marydoll too , of course 💐💐.

I’m glad your migraine has eased GG. 🙏

Take care all 🌻

GrannyIvy Sat 10-Oct-26 08:35:41

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Kittylester 🍾🥂

Gelisa Sat 10-Oct-26 08:37:02

Good morning from a very breezy, wet Morecambe Bay. It’s currently stopped raining but showers are forecast for most of the day. Not the best forecast because everyone who has a patch to maintain in the church garden is meeting for a big tidy up. I haven’t done anything with my area for quite a few weeks so it needs cutting back, no doubt weeding and I have a box of bulbs to plant.
If I have any energy left this afternoon I have quilt covers to iron. They are about the only thing I iron these days as I do think the bed is more comfortable with ironed bedding.
My 10 year old GD is becoming a very skilled artist. My son sent a couple of pictures over yesterday.
Thinking of all with problems, fatigue and especially a speedy recovery for Bella.
Madeleine have you tried typing your post in a more stable format such as Word, Pages, Notes or even as an e mail then copying it before pasting it into the GM thread?
My phone ran out of battery a few minutes ago and I would certainly have lost my post if it wasn’t on Notes. I’ll catch up properly later but I did notice Kitty’s post. Congratulations! Enjoy your meal later.
Take care🌸

NannyJan53 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:37:14

Good morning from a much brighter Black Country.

Made a last minute appointment with Boots for flu jab yesterday, so now I have a sore arm.

Family get together today for SIL's 70th. DGD1 won't make it as she is in Chicago as her boyfriend is running Marathon there.

Best wishes to Bellas

Wishing you all the best day possible

hollysteers Sat 10-Oct-26 08:38:00

Good morning from a bright but blustery northwest coast.
An interesting day yesterday, I took a train up the line to a popular village I hardly know, leaving the car at my station so as not to bother with parking there.

I misread my phone map and ended up walking much further than I needed to,(supposedly a ten minute walk..) getting caught in a heavy shower, but getting the steps in.
After a nice brunch, walked around the village, checked out the inevitable charity shops, picked up some home baked goods and my back really started to complain. Sat on a bench and fell into conversation with a local. People’s lives are interesting, we all have our story. I enjoyed it and felt I was in a completely different county.

I couldn’t face the now explained walk back to the station, swallowed a couple of paracetamol and took a bus, all new to me. It was as Jane Austen would say, an “expedition” and a nice change of scene.

Quiet day today, bed changing, new music to look at and maybe some drawing.
Congratulations “Kitty”, thoughts to Bella and all🌺

Grandmabatty Sat 10-Oct-26 08:39:31

Happy anniversary to you both KittyLester. Have a lovely day

Grammaretto Sat 10-Oct-26 08:39:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
7°c only.
I shall pick flowers to decorate the tables as I usually do for the Open House café.
There are still some roses but I will be scavenging a bit or do I mean foraging!

Thanks for letting us know about Bellasnanna I wish her well.

Yesterday turned out well. A gallery visit in Edinburgh with a friend and delicious dinner with another friend in her cosy flat who says she thinks I can do better than the house I was going to buy but which has now gone back on the market.

At least my decluttering will not have been in vain. The art class are invited later today to browse my painting collection.

Enjoy your special day kitty What a beautiful young couple you were.

I hope everyone has something to look forward to this weekend.

Marydoll Sat 10-Oct-26 08:42:22

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 11*C.

Best wishes to Bellasnanna, I had the feeling for a while, that she wasn't too well. ♥️

GM, is it worth getting checked out by a doctor? 💐

Yesterday was a frustrating day, spent helping DH change his email details with various organisations.
The banks were the worst.
I couldn't figure out, why he wasn't receiving email codes to confirm the changes, --they are probably keeping Madeleine's posts company, somewhere in the ether.🤭""
Eventually I took over and discovered, that when he got his new PC months ago, he hadn't updated his Microsoft account, therefore, Gmail wasn't activated.
I lost a whole afternoon of my life! 😣 Heaven knows what my already elevated BP was.

To avoid this nonsense happening again, I went through every account with him, changing and updating as necessary.
Usually, DH is on the ball, but his ongoing ill health is taking it's toll on his cognitive abilities.

Madeleine, you need to save as you go along. Such a pity to put so much effort and time then lose everything.
This site is notorious for losing posts.
Highlight a word in your post, choose select all, ^ copy^, go back into the thread and paste.
I do it all the time. 😊

Dollie and her parents have arrived safely in Majorica. I hope they can relax, given the devastating news about MIL this week.
DIL is still really fragile, after her traumatic, triple bowel surgery. I am concerned about her wellbeing.

We are receiving video updates from Dollie, who is having a ball with her free ice creams, drinks and snacks.
She gave us a tour of her impressive hotel room, in a posh Glasgow accent.
She was so funny, but shocked to see, that there was a clear, glass panel in the bedroom, which looked straight into the bathroom. 🤭

Marzipan, good luck with your xray. Mine are showing nothing suspicious, so who knows, why I am so unwell. Walking a few yards leaves me breathless.

I managed Sainsbury's yesterday, but did not do my usual gallivanting.
There is 20% off TU clothing. They do have some nice clothing.

A very gentle day for me, just that dratted bulletin to do, update website and then Vigil Mass.
My stalker is the reader tonight, I am dreading it. She talks like a machine gun, firing orders and questions.
She has no idea how inappropriate and exhausting her behaviour is.😣

Best wishes to all.

P.S. LLFT, your dinner is right up my street.

Gagagran Sat 10-Oct-26 08:42:48

Good Morning everyone - sorry to be late on parade! It's sunny here on the central south coast and 12 degrees so will need a jacket for our outing later to get both jabs at the surgery.

Had a productive day at my desk yesterday and cleared a backlog of "to do later" items, which had mounted up somewhat.

A big batch of tulip bulbs arrived in the post yesterday but I shall not put them in the pots until November. They are our favourite spring flowers. We have a big display of tete a tete daffodils and hyacinths in the front garden but have not planted tulips there since a beautiful display of white tulips were picked in full bloom, stolen by a passer by.

Hope Bella feels able to rejoin us soon - we miss our regular friends and worry when we don't hear from them.

Happy anniversary Kitty and hope the meal is a lovely treat.

Marzipan he "skyline" plant is a salvia and should do well in your garden. Ours do and we love them. The "HotLips" variety do especially well here too. Enjoy!

Take care everyone and hope those with health issues improve a lot today and that all of us have a good day.

BlueSapphire Sat 10-Oct-26 08:45:13

Happy , to Kitty and her DH! 🍾🍾

BlueSapphire Sat 10-Oct-26 08:46:04

Sorry! Happy anniversary!!

Marzipan22 Sat 10-Oct-26 08:47:15

Your grandson certainly has an artist's eye Gelisa. Very skilled. It'll be interesting for you to see how he progresses.

glammagran Sat 10-Oct-26 08:52:16

Good morning to you all from Wiltshire.

I’m about to make a cappuccino birthday cake for DD2 who is 33 tomorrow. She is out on a family day out so we will go round later today. Dinner will be Chinese lemon chicken, egg fried rice and pak choi all made from scratch.

Happy Anniversary to Kittylester and her DH. 🥂

I’m sorry Bella is feeling below par currently and hope she will be back very soon.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Marydoll Sat 10-Oct-26 08:55:46

Happy anniversary to the Lesters.

Ten year old Dollie and three year old Babydoll are presently having a video chat about what ice creams, Dollie has had so far. It is so sweet.🥰