Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 9th October 2026

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 09-Oct-26 04:50:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but signs of overnight rain on the path outside here in Brackley.
Up to the usual with the bus journey into Bicester do a shop and say hello to to those I know.
Fish & Chips from the local chippy at lunchtime , with afternoon trip to a close by pub for some real ale .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

TheWeirdoAgain60 Fri 09-Oct-26 10:48:53

Good morning, Michael12 and all!

Thanks to everyone for the gorgeous photos!

When I finished work yesterday at 5, I ran off to Spar for some stationery and spring onions, and because I've got my reward card, the manager at the till passed me my monthly freebie - a tin of Spaghetti Hoops! It went very well mixed in with the onions!

It's my day off today, so I didn't crash out of bed until 10! It was raining heavily again most of the night and quite cold. There I am, a total nutter, having the windows open to let in the air, but also snuggled in with hot water bottles and the duvet to keep cosy!

I had a hilarious dream last night! I was walking out and heard ''Excuse me'' I looked around but couldn't see anyone. Then Excuse me, please, I'm down here!'' I looked down, and there was a purple grape on the pavement. It asked ''Could you tell me the way to the cinema?'' So I said ''I could pick you up and take you there''.

So I picked it up gently, and we were having a natter as we walked, then a few minutes later we arrived and I carefully put it on the step and it thanked me very kindly and went in!

Urm... OK....!

I'm snuggled on the settee with a can of fizzy Vimto and some grapes ... not one of the ones in the dreams!... wrapped in 2 huge fleeces and will go out for a walk in the rain in a few minutes.

Bye for now!

karmalady Fri 09-Oct-26 10:52:56

Grammaretto I know it is scary but similar happened to DS in Glasgow. They had had a few viewings so went to sealed bids and did actually get more than the original offer

EkwaNimitee Fri 09-Oct-26 11:21:20

Grammaretto how stressful for you, I hope you’re soon sorted,

hollysteers Fri 09-Oct-26 12:05:36

Happy birthday Primrose, thoughts to Grammaretto and missing posters.
Lovely pastel ginny

dragonfly46 Fri 09-Oct-26 12:15:58

Happy Birthday Primrose I hope your day gets better.

So sorry to hear about the house Grammaretto. My DD had exactly the same but she ended up with a much better house. I am a firm believer that where house moving is concerned it is what is meant to be.

Yes Bella where are you?

latedecember1963 Fri 09-Oct-26 14:13:30

Good afternoon everyone from a bright, sunny Lancashire.

Late to the party today because we were out for an early toddler group.
There were 3 older boys there today who were very loud and did a lot of charging around as part of their play. It was interesting watching the little chap watching them. I think he half wanted to join in but wasn't sure of himself enough.

Happy birthday, Primrose. 🎂 What a pain about your car, but the main thing is you're ok. Your DS's anniversary must feel very special. Here's to many more.

There are some gorgeous photos posted this morning. We are very lucky to have such beauty on our doorsteps. Tarn Hows means a lot to us too.

I love the last couple of tops you've made, Karma. I like a slouchy, cosy layer when it gets chilly.

That's a bummer, as my lad would say, Grammaretto. I thought the Scottish system of housebuying meant that once an offer has been accepted everyone is locked in. Is that just an English misconception?

We lost our 1st house less than a month before we were getting married so we started married life with my PiL. Luckily we all got along, but it wasn't ideal to put it mildly!

This teatime I'm meeting up with some formet teaching colleagues. We haven't taught in the same school for nearly 25 years but we try to meet up at least once every half term. None of us are teaching anymore but we still think in terms and half terms.

Wishing you all a happy what's left of Friday and enjoyaable trips out for those on the move.
Sending love to Bellasnana. 🌻

BlueSapphire Fri 09-Oct-26 15:02:18

Just letting you all know that Bellasnana is fine; she is just taking a break.

Georgesgran Fri 09-Oct-26 15:35:30

Thank you for the update on Bellasnana BlueSapphire