Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 9th October 2026

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 09-Oct-26 04:50:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but signs of overnight rain on the path outside here in Brackley.
Up to the usual with the bus journey into Bicester do a shop and say hello to to those I know.
Fish & Chips from the local chippy at lunchtime , with afternoon trip to a close by pub for some real ale .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Fri 09-Oct-26 08:15:51

Good morning from damp Leicestershire.

Today we are going to M&S as I need to take something back to Next. It will also involve having coffee out.
Later the cleaners are coming so the house will be slick and span for the weekend.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

ginny Fri 09-Oct-26 08:17:50

Good morning from a damp dull N.Bucks. I’m very achy this morning , must be the weather.
Yesterday’s art class was brilliant and I am so pleased with the chalk pastel picture of our late springer spaniel. Maybe I will be a real artist one day😁
Today, a bit of housework and then a case to pack for a few days away.
Thinking of all who are poorly or troubled . Have the best day you can.

yogitree Fri 09-Oct-26 08:19:16

Good morning everyone from 12 degrees central Scotland where it was very wet last night. I hope you are all finding something to look forward to over Autumn and planning for Winter activities to keep life interesting. Thinking of those not so mobile too, or suffering seasonal illnesses.
I am missing my TaiChi this morning as I have a nasty lung infection and acute asthma - been up coughing since 2.30 am so feeling a bit yucky about Friday fun being cancelled.

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-26 08:21:32

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 13°C.

R&L, I wonder if your records have not been updated, and the appropriate box ticked.. Why don't you check with your surgery?

I had decided, to do very little yesterday, but DH had other plans.
I was so annoyed at him.
We started to change his bank email address. He had the apps on his phone, but had never registered. I gave up in the end. I was fuming with him.
We will try again today.

We then moved on to Amazon, which he uses all the time. That was even worse. He wasn't receiving security codes to his phone to change his details, and getting really annoyed.
I then realised he had never updated his phone number four years ago and the security codes were going to an old phone.. 🤬
I wasn't feeling too well and this just about finished me off!
I spent the afternoon lying down.
More of the same today.

DIL's mum came in last night (she was in for hours) to inform us, that she has stage four cancer.
DIL could not bring herself to tell us.
DS and family were off on holiday, early this morning. They always send a photo from the airport. They should be in the air by now, but we have heard nothing. I am worried, because they always let me know, when they are at the airport and send a photo of the three of them, before take off,

MIL had made a point of visiting Dollie, to tell her she had cancer and was having an operation,
Why do it the night before, she goes on holiday?
Dollie has experienced so much this year, nearly losing her mum on more than one occasion.
MIL could have waited until, she came back.

Gingster, enjoy your day out, you deserve it.

I too enjoy the tales from Malta. I hope Bellasnanna is OK.

Have a pleasant day folks.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 09-Oct-26 08:22:38

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where im enjoying TiB. Our weather forecast is 15°C with rain. It’s wet out already.

I’ve got a busy but potentially enjoyable day today. A salon appointment to have my hair done (foils) at 10am, lunch with 4 friends - all of us retirees and all book clubbers though we don’t talk about the upcoming novel, then at 6pm I’m meeting my friend & neighbour.

A new family owned Spanish restaurant is our choice tonight. I’ve booked a table for 7pm but we will pop into one of the wine bars as we walk up the road to it. Be rude to just walk past so many! My friend can choose which one. 😁

Grammaretto Fri 09-Oct-26 08:25:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
It's wet but signs of clearing later.

My all consuming house move reached a new low point yesterday when I was told and saw that the house I was about to move to has gone back on the market. It's even on Facebook 😡

I couldn't face ceilidh dancing, which I love.

I hope something better turns up as friends and family tell me it will.

I'm invited out to dinner tonight so have little to do as I have cancelled my volunteer shifts for the month. I'll bake a cake quickly.

I may go into Edinburgh for some art gallery therapy.

I do believe you should be on the sewing bee Karmalady as a judge if not a contestant 😀 you are so speedy.

I hope Stilllearning is doing well.
Thinking of all of you with health worries.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Liberty Fri 09-Oct-26 08:30:50

A later than usual good morning from Suffolk where it is dull and damp after a very chilly evening. We had the heating on and DH,who feels the cold, said he wished he’d put the electric blanket on.

I am getting used to my new phone but need to pop into the shop where one of the helpful young person did the data changeover for me. An offer was made to pop in any time if I needed help so I’m taking it up.

My newish email address doesn’t seem to be there but my old one,never used now but not deleted because of old photos of some of the grandchildren when little I don’t want to lose.

About to enjoy my 1st cup of tea and read the posts and enjoy the photos. Hope all have a good day.

Jaxjacky Fri 09-Oct-26 08:31:26

Morning from a dull but clement S Hants, it was colder yesterday.
A great sleep last night, makes a difference.
I too am missing Bellas and hope all is well.
Lovely pictures this morning thank you.
Tesco delivering later, some house tidying this morning.
Enjoy your day,

GrannyGravy13 Fri 09-Oct-26 08:34:30

Good morning from a grey S E Essex, not chilly though.

For some unknown reason I had the second bad night in a row. I now have a horrible headache. Not sure if I shall go to the gym, it depends if the paracetamol kicks in.

Will read your posts with coffee later 🙋‍♀️

monk08 Fri 09-Oct-26 08:39:43

Good morning all from the Black country, rain overnight and more is predicted its it's also very windy.
Have not long woken up so will catch up with everybody's happenings later.
Housework on the cards for today and I hope to finish my book.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans.😎

BlueSapphire Fri 09-Oct-26 08:42:54

Good morning everyone from a damp and overcast Northampton, 14°C outside, and showers expected. Which would be ok, but of course my gardener is expected today! He has been in touch, and will make a decision at lunchtime.

Yesterday was a glorious autumn day, but a real nip in the air.
An uneventful visit to the dentist, no work needed doing, so reprieved for 6 months!
Afterwards I walked 15 minutes to the little retail park and had a mooch around the shops; some perfume bought in Next, and fruit from M&S Food.
Then crossed the road to Sainsbury's where I had coffee and lemon drizzle cake! Treated myself to Apple hot cross buns, and picked up my autumn weight duvet from Timpsons.
Didn't have long to wait for a bus home, and was indoors by 5pm.

A morning of gentle pottering, expecting DS at some time, and await the gardener 's decision.

Yesterday was my last day of eye drops, 7 times a day for 3 weeks, so happily ripped up the schedule sheet when I got up this morning! Check up at the opticians next week.

Wishing all a pleasant Friday.

aggie Fri 09-Oct-26 09:04:26

Good morning from a bright chilly Co Armagh
I’m off to painting class shortly, I’ll read messages when I’m back
Yesterday is best forgotten , today had better be an improvement 🙄
Daughter and gang arrive this afternoon , looking forward to the accompanying chaos !
Hope we all have a decent day x

NannyJan53 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:12:03

Good morning from a dull Black Country, where it rained overnight.

One load of Holiday washing dried yesterday. Next load will leave until tomorrow as rain is forecast today.

Just booked my flu jab with Boots for this afternoon. I had one booked in 2 weeks with Surgery, but we are now going away that day. Only to caravan to make sure it is ready for Winter storage.

Housework this morning then finish reading my book on kindle on started on the Plane back.

Wishing you all the best day possible

Primrose53 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:15:00

Drizzling and dull here in Norfolk. Not a great start to my birthday but hey, ho got to get on with it.

A year ago today my son had 10 hr surgery at Addenbrooke’s for Pancreatic Cancer so I was there with him so we are all thrilled he has made a year. They gave him 3 months if the surgery failed or the cancer had spread. We sent a Thank You card to the surgeon this week.

Yesterday a man drove into the side of my car as I was pulling out and damaged the door and wing. That is the first accident I have ever been involved in after 56 years driving!

Switched central heating on for the first time last night and that packed up and we had to open doors to let fumes out.

So today have boiler man coming round. Probably need a new boiler. (oil).

A friend is taking me for afternoon tea today so that is one thing to look forward to. 🎂

Grandmabatty Fri 09-Oct-26 09:23:41

Oh grammaretto how rotten for you. House buying and selling is an absolute minefield

Jaxjacky Fri 09-Oct-26 09:27:40

Oh Grammaretto how flipping awful for you, I do hope something better comes up.
As long as you’re ok Primrose but a pain sorting out your car, however a very Happy Birthday to you 🎂🥳, enjoy your day.

Susan56 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:34:02

Good morning from Shropshire.Raining at the moment but should be dry later.

Thank you for the supportive messages yesterday which really helped me and thank you to Mick for the thread where I have met such lovely virtual friends.

Another quiet day at home.I plan to sort out DGS’s bedroom and this afternoon read/nap.

Happy birthday Primrose🥳

Thank you for the pictures of Tarn Hows Gelisajams.They brought back happy memories of one of my mums favourite places.

Wishing everyone a good day🦩🌻

Grammaretto Fri 09-Oct-26 09:34:52

Primrose happy birthday but what a pity about the car .

Good to have your DS. I hope you can celebrate together. 🙏❤️

Susan56 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:35:13

I’m so sorry Grammaretto.I hope something better comes along very soon💐

monk08 Fri 09-Oct-26 09:35:45

What a day you had Primrose hope you have a better day today for your Birthday 🎉🎂.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 09-Oct-26 10:12:24

Happy Birthday Primrose53 🎂🍾🎉🥂

What a fright the car incident must have given you 🌺

GrandmaC47 Fri 09-Oct-26 10:26:03

Happy Birthday, Primrose.
Bellasnana and Blossoming are both missing. Hope everything is ok.
Some sadness from posters on here today, hope things improve soon.

Marzipan22 Fri 09-Oct-26 10:28:35

What a blinking nuisance to say the least 😳 Grammaretto.

baubles Fri 09-Oct-26 10:31:53

A very late good morning from rainy South Lanarkshire.

ginny that’s just lovely!

I’m so sorry Grammaretto I really hope you find something else very soon.

DS is with us for a few days so I think a walk later is on the cards. Going over to DD’s this evening to be with the children while their parents are out, they don’t really need ‘minding’ but I can still tuck the youngest up at bedtime.

Have a good day everyone.

Redcar Fri 09-Oct-26 10:38:33

grammaretto what an absolute pain! But hopefully you’ll find another house soon. At least you are well on the way to decluttering your present house.

Happy Birthday primrose