Passiflora1
Sounds like heaven to me.
I've had periods of such severe depression that nothing counted at all: and it was dread ,bearing up. But these things pass: I have learnt to appreciate and prefer, the small things, and also let go of some of the "musts": one cannot please all around one: no-one has a right to "demand' for example that adult children "must" do such and such: no one should feel they have to perform in the face of adversity, yet respect others have needs and try to offer what one can, even pretend one is all right at times.
I just feel sorry for families who cannot afford what is thrown at them by the adverts, or those richer, and I appreciate that actually December 21st, is the return of the light and longer days, and that Christmas is actually a festival of new beginnings, sorrow and joys - (religious or not, it is the season of the turn of the year)
but not those who feel pressurised to produce what our consumer society says we "should" need or want.
It is a time when the gap between this on the streets and those very wealthy becomes very evident, and then one realises "simple is enough" Being warm enough, going to the park and watching the children on their new bikes, smiles for those others alone, saving up something good on the TV, (and for those who read another thread, undyed smoked haddock...)