Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 7th October 2026

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 07-Oct-26 04:50:17

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark start and a wet one here in Brackley at the moment
I look out and am able to see the clock face of the town hall lit up.
Today, usual routine bus trip to Bicester hopefully speak to people I know.
Watch cycling on TV this afternoon .
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Wed 07-Oct-26 07:59:14

Good morning all from a wet Black country.
Toddlers this morning will decide on the rest of the days plans afterwards depending on how tired I am.
Glad your feeling a little better Utbb.
Have a good day folks whatever your plans and safe travels those on the move.

Gagagran Wed 07-Oct-26 08:07:17

Good Morning everyone from a dark, breezy and WET central south coast. We are promised heavy rain all morning then light rain until evening. DH's mid-week cycle ride has been cancelled, unsurprisingly, so I shall be wondering what day it is on and off as he will be here!

Well, my friends, I am excited to report that I drove (solo) yesterday afternoon for the first time since April 2025, when I had the rotator cuff injury on my left shoulder. I only went through local villages and back home but with no problem apart from trying to reverse into the car port. That was partly due to the sun in my eyes. DH was anxiously waiting to assist! It means I can drive to WI tomorrow and take one taxi duty from him! I passed my test in February 1967 so am pleased that I can still use my clean licence. It will only be for short local trips though.

I also ordered the spring bulbs online (Tesco marketplace have a huge selection) and they should arrive on Saturday. I don't plan to plant them until early November as that's best for tulips.
We always top the pots with winter flowering pansies so shall find some of those locally, at the farm shop. They always have a nice but small selection there next to the parking and it is only a very short walk to the till in the shop. The garden centre is like IKEA, designed to make you walk through a long maze of various offerings to tempt purchases, after selecting your plants. It's very difficult for those with walking problems.

Have the best day you can everyone and hopefully with some ease on the cards for those with health issues.

Grandmabatty Wed 07-Oct-26 08:12:48

Well done Gagagran!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:24:19

Good morning from S E Essex where it is grey.

Enjoy Hyde Hall Redcar perhaps we could meet for a coffee there one day?

I will change the beds this morning, then go to the gym. I also need to make a lasagna for the teen GC sleeping over this evening.

I have warned all the GC if I get a bad review on the family WhatsApp then they will find I am fully booked when they next need a bed…

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:24:57

Well done Gagagran 👏👏👏

Georgesgran Wed 07-Oct-26 08:28:36

Good Morning from Durham. It’s brightening up now after a wet start, but it remains cooler than of late.

I’ve a friend coming for coffee this morning, then more leaves and windfalls to bin - little and often. Later, a delayed trip to drop off a silver bracelet to be cleaned. It’s very tarnished and my efforts have failed.

Best wishes to all. X

Susan56 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:33:44

Good morning from Shropshire.Light rain at the moment.

It wasn’t quite the relaxing day I had planned yesterday as DH was struggling with pain in his legs.He manages well if he paces himself but our busy few days has meant he could barely walk yesterday.He won’t take painkillers at all🤷‍♀️DD1 isn’t well either so I definitely had my pharmacy hat back on yesterday.Hoping they both feel better today 🙏🏻

The usual Wednesday collecting DGD from netball then out for something to eat and then on to her dance class.I love the few hours with her on a Wednesday.She goes to high school next September so hoping our Wednesdays carry on.

I’m sorry you had a rubbish night Jax.

Wishing everyone a good day🌻🦩

Marydoll Wed 07-Oct-26 08:34:00

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is only 4°C, it is really chilly here.

I have been up and back to bed, having been downstairs to leave my sharps bin at the door. DH is going to deal with my injection delivery, only he and I can accept delivery.
I am not feeling too good and need to be well enough for my dental appointment this afternoon.
After six weeks, my mouth still hasn't healed. 😪

Yesterday, I went to M&S food hall and was on a roll, when a manager warned me, that there was going to be a full evacuation of the Centre in ten minutes.
I just managed to pay in time.
Staff advised, I could wait in the car, but the car park was also evacuated. This is the second time in the last month, that this has happened to me.

I still had to go and get Euros for Dollie, who is off on holiday on Friday.
DH was astounded, when I appeared back much earlier than usual. I just felt rotten.

Best wishes for your DH, Melanie. I couldn't have an anaesthetic, nor sedation and was wide awake for my op.
The surgeon said, I would never forget this day. It was the first time, Trump became President of the USA.
The surgeon was a plastic surgeon, the stitches were so tiny, the nurse struggled to remove them. Ouch!

It is DS' forty seventh birthday, today. I do not know, where the years have gone.

Have a pleasant day folks.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:35:38

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s raining. I’ve got TiB and I’ve been messaging my sister, to and from, for half an hour. She’s not keen on phone calls so we don’t. It’s only two weeks today since she was widowed poor thing and she’s finding it’s the kindness of people in the everyday that sets her off crying. She went to the florist yesterday to buy herself some white flowers and ended up sobbing in the shop. One she uses very regularly. Anyway afterwards she agreed the release probably did her good. In the short while, till the next trigger.

I’m meeting friends for lunch who used to be ex neighbours from when we had a house. I’ll have to skip my weekly yoga class but one of my friends works 4 days a week and Wednesday is her day off.

Later I’ll be picked up to go pool side and watch L’il Miss at her swimming lesson, so something else today to look forward to.

Gelisa Wed 07-Oct-26 08:43:37

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is sunny but cool and will be for much of the day. I may get both my grass and my clients grass cut later. Hopefully I will have more energy than I’ve had the last couple of days, there’s a chance - at least I’ve had a decent nights sleep. I’ve only been awake a few minutes so will catch up later.
Thanks to Baubles yesterday for her explanation of how the Charity shops identify gift aid.
DH has just brought me TiB ! It’s all very late, it must be the darker mornings and quieter workmen arriving on the ‘building site’ next door but one.
Today’s big decision is whether I continue with the beginners adult ballet class. It’s really not for me! I think I just need to find a Pilates class where my lack of rhythm won’t be noticed!
Wishing everyone a good day, take care.🌸

Grammaretto Wed 07-Oct-26 08:43:46

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Sunny start. Just as well as I forgot to bring the washing in last night.

Yesterday was so full on.
My sister and her husband left after a lovely time with them.
The auction/house clearance men arrived and after grumbling that there was very little worth taking to the saleroom they filled the lorry! I kept making last minute decisions like the barometer, 8 curling stones and some sentimental stuff.

Then a routine appt with the dentist who found my denture broken and has sent it away for a week.
So I'm now a toothless old crone with a half empty house. 😩

A nice young potter collected an old wheel and may take my old kiln.

I couldn't face Gaelic class but I will go to yarn group as the "girls" always make me feel better.

All the best to Melanie's DH.
Anyone else who has worries or pain today has my sympathy.

Some action at last gMattie 🙂

harrigran Wed 07-Oct-26 08:53:18

Good morning from a grey NE where we had overnight rain.
Forecast is for 12° today but no more rain.
Yesterday my left shoulder was hurting after the covid injection and I felt tired all day.
My sister visited and we had a game of Scrabble.
A council officer emailed me regarding the house opposite which is deteriorating, the owner had not responded to any of their requests to maintain the property so they are going to take it further.
Got in touch with the piano tuner and agreed a date for the second tuning for this year. I need the piano to be at its best for GD.

DS is coming at lunchtime and will be working in my study until late afternoon and then we are going to a musical concert at GD's school in Newcastle. She has been at the new school 5 weeks and she is in the orchestra, choir and is singing Andrew's sisters songs with a band. I am sure she will nail it. I now have an earworm " boogie woogie bugle boy from company B " 😆
Have a good day everyone.

Redcar Wed 07-Oct-26 09:06:25

gingster I try to avoid the dreaded A12 whenever possible! Fortunately I can use minor roads to get to Hyde Hall but they have their own problems!

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:08:06

Excellent news about being able to drive again Gagagran! Well done you!

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 07-Oct-26 09:22:53

A quick morning all before reading the multitude of posts today!

Yesterday in a nutshell: up at the crack of dawn, drive to Oxford, get a train to Paddington, taxi to the royal academy for a study day in Scottish artists, lunch at Fortnum’s - knickerbocker glory and chicken salad - more lectures, walk to Green Park and two tubes to Kew, early dinner with elder son and his family, two tubes to Paddington, train back to Oxford and drive home. Phew!

NannyJan53 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:30:50

Good morning from Kos AirPort. Where is is bright and sunny and 25deg.

Bus to Airport from Kos town 4euro each for 50 minute journey. We are quite early as flight isn’t until 2.20pm. It is now 11.30 am!

It has been a lovely relaxing holiday, but looking forward to being home in rainy Black Country !

Wishing you all the best day possible

BlueSapphire Wed 07-Oct-26 09:47:12

Good morning everyone from a wet Northampton; am later today as I slept till 9am! Just enjoying my mug of tea and a biscuit.

Enjoyed Sense and Sensibility yesterday, although I am glad I knew most of the intricacies of the plot beforehand. My favourite character is always Colonel Brandon, and yesterday's actor came a close second to the lovely Alan Rickman! I think I now need to re-read the original...

A bit of household tidying this morning, will try to get the bathroom floors washed, and get some chicken out of the freezer to make a stir-fry with noodles for dinner tonight. And then this afternoon there are the bins to put out.
Have just sorted out the cats' spot-on flea and worm treatment before they go to the cattery next week.

Wishing everyone a pleasant and welcome damp Wednesday!

TheWeirdoAgain60 Wed 07-Oct-26 10:16:09

Good morning, Michael12 and all!

The clock face sounds utterly beautiful!

Thank you to various people for the lovely photos, and also to Liberty!

I do apologise, but I'm really grumpy today! Most unusual for me!

Started off with barely any sleep because of cramps and headaches all night - not related to menopause this time, thankfully, just a weird night- so I've been up and down guzzling various soft drinks and scoffing tangerines. I can hardly function at the moment!

One of the times I went to the kitchen to refill my water/orange juice bottle, there was a HUGE 8-legged thing in a HUGE web clinging between the rubbish bin on one side and the door frame on the other; I was absolutely hysterical. It was massive, so out came the very long-handled broom! I detest getting rid of them as they're innocent insects who have their own lives, but I just can't deal with them, never could!

Having breakfast before work, I had 2 Ann Forshaw yoghurts and a giant mug of milk. I accidentally dropped a yoghurt I'd just opened, so that went all over me, and as I was ripping off my t-shirt, I nudged the mug, which also went over me and the carpet, so that was a 2nd shower/clothes change coming up!

Eventually went down the steps outside of my flat, and Mr Creep came out, the thrice-divorced woman hater. He said he has a new goldfish and would I like to see him? I quickly said ''Thanks, but no, I have to run for work'' and he said ''You shouldn't be working; you should be at home'' so I totally annihilated him there and then! Very loudly, with extreme language! I asked him that if I'm not working, considering I'm single with no man in my life to pay for things, how do I get the money to pay for various bills and shopping, various car expenses, etc.? Will HE pay for absolutely everything for the rest of my life? He stormed off into his flat and slammed the door dramatically!

Then when I arrived at work, after opening up and setting up the till and card machine, I ran to the office for a gigantic mug of tea and .... I don't care ... FOUR bags of Fridge Raiders!

I have one of these men's t-shirts, which I'm wearing here at work, and that's exactly how I am today!

But the good news is.... it was absolutely TIPPING down all night in great buckets, and it was all so gorgeous!

litb-cgis.rightinthebox.com/images/640x640/202507/bps/product/inc/udpvtv1753855367223.jpg?fmt=webp&v=1

I finish today at 5, so by the time 5:45 comes, I'll be in bed with a hot water bottle and kipping as much as possible!

I hope all of you have a brilliant day!

hollysteers Wed 07-Oct-26 17:52:42

That T shirt should frighten off your Creep Weirdo😁👍