Morning from a bright S Hants, it was a glorious day yesterday, sadly I was very busy on the voluntary phone and saw little of it.
Sorry about your toothache Karma it’s a shame you need a specialist.
We may have been premature putting the winter quilt on our bed, it was too warm last night.
I hope your treatment causes you no grief R&L
Good luck this evening Bellas with your scan and you Marzipan with yours.
🦩 🦩
Gransnet forums
Chat
Good Morning Tuesday 22nd September 2026
(55 Posts)Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley .
Routine todays some housework ,and I have my chiropodist before I get a bus into Bicester , hopefully shop and chat to those I know.
Return home and after lunch watch cycling from Canada on TV.
Health OK<
Take Care,
Mick
Good morning from Suffolk after a gloriously sunny and warm day. I’m hoping for more of the same today but don’t think the weather has yet decided what to do.
Thei house and garden are back to normal after the scaffolders came yesterday and removed it and our gardener came and cut the grass and strummed the dell. He hasn’t been since June as we leave it to him to come when he knows the garden needs his attention. He is always just right.
I’m meeting a friend in a nearby town for coffee this morning. We usually meet up every few weeks and always diarise our next get together otherwise the weeks fly by and it’s more difficult to find a time that is ok to both of us.
Hope all have a cheerful day.
Good morning all, from Glasgow where it is 15°C,
What lovely news, regarding your granddaughter, Susan.
Karma, our dentists keep slots free for emergencies or one can visit the dental hospital emergency department.. You must be in dreadful pain.
R&L, I have found that once you are on the path of chronic illness, it is difficult to find new medication, which doesn't contra-indicate or has side effects. My latest chest medication, may make my Sjogrens worse.😔 I can't win.
I hope the drug helps.
I had to come home early from church yesterday morning. I have had a blinding headache for weeks. I lay down in the conservatory and woke up three hours later.
All my plans had gone awry.
I plan to stay in bed this morning, instead of making my usual trip to Silverburn. (I must be unwell,)
My head is still pounding, however I'm trying to hang on until Friday, when I have a forty five minute heart and COPD review. Apparently my BP is far too high again and my chest is not good.
Who gets a forty five minute appointment, nowadays???
My phone is beeping, reminding me I am late recording my BP on the NHS app.
Oh, the irony. Don't they know I am trying to rest!!! 😉
I wish you all a pleasant day, whatever your plans.
Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry. No rain expected today and Alexa tells me 20°C is our forecast.
My sister in Estapona rang me an hour ago to tell me her husband had died during the night at home. Not unexpected and he’d had an amputation 5 months ago - but always a shock when it actually happens. An unattended direct cremation will take place on Friday. My heart goes out to her. She’s not quite 70 although he was 82y.
I have a reflexology appointment mid morning which I always love. Super relaxing and inwardly energising. Couldn’t have come at a more beneficial time - I book it weeks in advance.
Good Mirning from Durham. Seems a lovely start to the day here. Awful night with a vivid dream and I’ve been awake since 3am - or so I think.
Living in the fast lane today with the boiler service at 10am, then Podiatrist mid afternoon. I might do a bit in the garden between the two and get some sort of winter bedding plants for my window boxes. I’ve no front garden, so they brighten up the ‘kerb appeal’.
Best wishes to all. X
FGT sorry to hear about you BiL💐.
Good morning from a bright and mild S E Essex.
I have the dentist this morning (hygienist and check up) I really am dental phobic, but needs must.
Then a quick 5 minute drive to a local retail park for M & S Food Hall, click and collect (a couple of pairs of jeans and two sweaters) I also need to pop into Boots for toiletries for the GC’s bathroom.
The 11yr old is sleeping here tonight, he has a school football match after school (he is so chuffed at getting on the school squad in his first senior year). The Imp has his swimming lesson and should make the second half to watch his brother (pool is at the senior school)
Sending you (((hugs))) FGT2
FGT sorry to hear about your BiL 
Good morning from a brightening northwest coast. Just house tidying etc. yesterday, I didn’t feel inspired to draw, but worked on some new music and recorded my own lines in the next opera companies concerts.
Had a nice phone call with DD’s best friend who is facing surgery I have had and some television in the evening. The remnants of my cold have led to a loss of appetite. I’d like a loss around my tummy area to go with it…
Music club this afternoon, I may not sing, but will decide after a warble this morning. I don’t feel like being in charge on the desk.
Sorry about your toothache karma, it can be so painful. Thoughts to R&L and condolences FGT🌺
Fgt so sorry to her about your brother in law. Marydoll could your headache be connected to your blood pressure?
Oh karma I hope your oral surgeon or GP can prescribe some stronger and more effective pain relief in the interim for you. 💐
Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton, a fine day ahead, but I shall spend it indoors as am still suffering from this rotten cough and cold. It couldn't have come at a worse time!
My eye continues to improve but the regime of seven eye drops a day is rather a bind, and I have to be scrupulous about hand washing.
The plumber came yesterday morning at 9.15, and 20 minutes later the.job was done, but I was left with a large bill! He was a lovely man and came recommended by a neighbour, so shall definitely use him again.
Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday, especially thinking of all of us in sick bay. Hope glammagran is improving.
Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the sky is blue and the sun is shining. i must have overslept
I was up rather late. My df came over and together we labelled furniture for what's to go to my new house and where everything else is destined. At least we did one room!
I accepted the astronomical quote for my move and had a chat to the energy company about cancelling my direct debit.
Shelter collected a good many books and will be back for more. My new young off-grid friends took away a good many garden tools and other stuff from my "shed"
and I had a nice surprise in the post. My 2 benches sold at auction for £900. Apparently they are oak 19th century made by a well known Edinburgh furniture maker.
Today I think I will get the bus into Edinburgh. I need to get out of the house. Gaelic classes begin again tonight.
I'm so sorry about your toothache Karma You must phone 111 or NHS24 and get attention quickly.
I hope your troubles are soon resolved Baubles
Wishing you well at the optician GMB
Marydoll I hope you manage to have a better day health-wise.
Well done Susan to your DGD
Wishing everyone a happy day.
Grandmabatty
Fgt so sorry to her about your brother in law. Marydoll could your headache be connected to your blood pressure?
GMB
, I think it is something to do with the R.A. in my jaw.
I never get headaches with my high BP.
ginny
Good morning from Corfu. We had an uneventful journey yesterday , thankfully.
Off on a trip to Old and New Corfu towns this morning. Afternoon is free so maybe I’ll sketch some of this mornings sights.
Wishing all a good day.
Good morning from sunny Stockport.
I had a better night's sleep so feel more with it today.
I got my laundry done yesterday and as I can no longer put washing out, decided to spend some of the family's inheritance and use the tumble dryer so thst I could get it folded and put away, Nothing needed ironing so an easier task.
I did a Sainsbury's order and thst is being delivered late afternoon.
I am.out with a friend at lunchtime, we are treating ourselves to Fish and chips at a cafe which wins awards every year.
I hope you all see some sun today and the poorlies among you get some relief and feel better soon.
I don't know how another post appeared in mine!!
The wonders of technology.
Sad news about your BiL FGT. I hope your sister is ok.
Usedtobeblonde
I don't know how another post appeared in mine!!
The wonders of technology.
UTBB, I thought you were in Corfu and so glad to see you were on holiday. 🤣
Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!
Michael12, best of luck with the chiropodist.
Yesterday evening, I had another PhD in Bimboology!
I'd bunged a ready meal in the microwave and went to the living room with a cuppa and a book.
Eight minutes later, I heard PING! PING! PING!
I put my book down and called out ''I'm coming, my sweet!''
Then I stopped dead! I'M COMING, MY SWEET?! What part of Satan's armpit did that come from?!
It's an ugly lump of white metal! Not like calling out to a pet or a husband! The first one I've had many, and the second I've never had one!
It's not even pretty!
I totally confound myself regularly about the stupid things I say in private! HA!
See you all later!
My condolences FGT.💐
My condolences FGT 
good morning one and all. quite dull here today but at least it is dry for a change!
nothing a lot planned probably pottering see what happens. had all my overnight oat pots so must do 3 morning to pop in the fridge. it gives me a lovely breakfast, nothing to bother making when I am half asleep.
My condolences fgt 
How sad FGT my condolences to you and his family x
💐 sad news FGT
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

