Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 22nd September 2026

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 22-Sept-26 04:56:40

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley .
Routine todays some housework ,and I have my chiropodist before I get a bus into Bicester , hopefully shop and chat to those I know.
Return home and after lunch watch cycling from Canada on TV.
Health OK<
Take Care,
Mick

Usedtobeblonde Tue 22-Sept-26 12:12:45

My eyesight is bad now so forgive mistakes.
I am using my phone as well.

Usedtobeblonde Tue 22-Sept-26 12:11:22

Condolences to you abd especially to your S FGT
Oh how I wish I was in Corfu MD I have given up on holidays nowadays I haven't even been to my favourite Llandudno, even for a day rhis year 😢

aggie Tue 22-Sept-26 11:45:47

Good Morning from a hot sunny Co Armagh, it rained in the night
The new greenhouse is being assembled !
The man doing it is getting hot ! But battling on
I’m indoors with my crochet , I can’t take too warm or too cold , and moan a lot so better hiding indoors with doors open and the awning keeping the sun from the room , I’m so glad we invested in it
Hoping a decent day ahead for all
FGT 💐

GrandmaC47 Tue 22-Sept-26 11:45:25

My condolences, Fgt 💐

Georgesgran Tue 22-Sept-26 11:22:20

💐 sad news FGT

Jaxjacky Tue 22-Sept-26 11:11:58

How sad FGT my condolences to you and his family x

Redcar Tue 22-Sept-26 11:07:42

My condolences fgt flowers

poppysmum Tue 22-Sept-26 10:44:07

good morning one and all. quite dull here today but at least it is dry for a change!
nothing a lot planned probably pottering see what happens. had all my overnight oat pots so must do 3 morning to pop in the fridge. it gives me a lovely breakfast, nothing to bother making when I am half asleep.

luluaugust Tue 22-Sept-26 10:25:35

My condolences FGT flowers

Marydoll Tue 22-Sept-26 10:17:21

My condolences FGT.💐

TheWeirdoAgain60 Tue 22-Sept-26 10:06:40

Good morning, Michael12 and everyone!

Michael12, best of luck with the chiropodist.

Yesterday evening, I had another PhD in Bimboology!

I'd bunged a ready meal in the microwave and went to the living room with a cuppa and a book.

Eight minutes later, I heard PING! PING! PING!

I put my book down and called out ''I'm coming, my sweet!''

Then I stopped dead! I'M COMING, MY SWEET?! What part of Satan's armpit did that come from?!

It's an ugly lump of white metal! Not like calling out to a pet or a husband! The first one I've had many, and the second I've never had one!

It's not even pretty!

I totally confound myself regularly about the stupid things I say in private! HA!

See you all later!

Marydoll Tue 22-Sept-26 09:47:41

Usedtobeblonde

I don't know how another post appeared in mine!!
The wonders of technology.

UTBB, I thought you were in Corfu and so glad to see you were on holiday. 🤣

Grammaretto Tue 22-Sept-26 09:31:36

Sad news about your BiL FGT. I hope your sister is ok.

Usedtobeblonde Tue 22-Sept-26 09:13:58

I don't know how another post appeared in mine!!
The wonders of technology.

Usedtobeblonde Tue 22-Sept-26 09:07:10

ginny

Good morning from Corfu. We had an uneventful journey yesterday , thankfully.
Off on a trip to Old and New Corfu towns this morning. Afternoon is free so maybe I’ll sketch some of this mornings sights.
Wishing all a good day.

Good morning from sunny Stockport.
I had a better night's sleep so feel more with it today.
I got my laundry done yesterday and as I can no longer put washing out, decided to spend some of the family's inheritance and use the tumble dryer so thst I could get it folded and put away, Nothing needed ironing so an easier task.
I did a Sainsbury's order and thst is being delivered late afternoon.
I am.out with a friend at lunchtime, we are treating ourselves to Fish and chips at a cafe which wins awards every year.
I hope you all see some sun today and the poorlies among you get some relief and feel better soon.

Marydoll Tue 22-Sept-26 08:58:38

Grandmabatty

Fgt so sorry to her about your brother in law. Marydoll could your headache be connected to your blood pressure?

GMB
, I think it is something to do with the R.A. in my jaw.

I never get headaches with my high BP.

Grammaretto Tue 22-Sept-26 08:48:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the sky is blue and the sun is shining. i must have overslept

I was up rather late. My df came over and together we labelled furniture for what's to go to my new house and where everything else is destined. At least we did one room!

I accepted the astronomical quote for my move and had a chat to the energy company about cancelling my direct debit.
Shelter collected a good many books and will be back for more. My new young off-grid friends took away a good many garden tools and other stuff from my "shed"
and I had a nice surprise in the post. My 2 benches sold at auction for £900. Apparently they are oak 19th century made by a well known Edinburgh furniture maker.

Today I think I will get the bus into Edinburgh. I need to get out of the house. Gaelic classes begin again tonight.

I'm so sorry about your toothache Karma You must phone 111 or NHS24 and get attention quickly.

I hope your troubles are soon resolved Baubles

Wishing you well at the optician GMB

Marydoll I hope you manage to have a better day health-wise.

Well done Susan to your DGD

Wishing everyone a happy day.

BlueSapphire Tue 22-Sept-26 08:35:45

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny 🌞 Northampton, a fine day ahead, but I shall spend it indoors as am still suffering from this rotten cough and cold. It couldn't have come at a worse time!

My eye continues to improve but the regime of seven eye drops a day is rather a bind, and I have to be scrupulous about hand washing.

The plumber came yesterday morning at 9.15, and 20 minutes later the.job was done, but I was left with a large bill! He was a lovely man and came recommended by a neighbour, so shall definitely use him again.

Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday, especially thinking of all of us in sick bay. Hope glammagran is improving.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Tue 22-Sept-26 08:34:04

Oh karma I hope your oral surgeon or GP can prescribe some stronger and more effective pain relief in the interim for you. 💐

Grandmabatty Tue 22-Sept-26 08:29:23

Fgt so sorry to her about your brother in law. Marydoll could your headache be connected to your blood pressure?

hollysteers Tue 22-Sept-26 08:29:20

Good morning from a brightening northwest coast. Just house tidying etc. yesterday, I didn’t feel inspired to draw, but worked on some new music and recorded my own lines in the next opera companies concerts.

Had a nice phone call with DD’s best friend who is facing surgery I have had and some television in the evening. The remnants of my cold have led to a loss of appetite. I’d like a loss around my tummy area to go with it…

Music club this afternoon, I may not sing, but will decide after a warble this morning. I don’t feel like being in charge on the desk.
Sorry about your toothache karma, it can be so painful. Thoughts to R&L and condolences FGT🌺

monk08 Tue 22-Sept-26 08:29:09

FGT sorry to hear about your BiL flowers

GrannyGravy13 Tue 22-Sept-26 08:28:32

Good morning from a bright and mild S E Essex.

I have the dentist this morning (hygienist and check up) I really am dental phobic, but needs must.

Then a quick 5 minute drive to a local retail park for M & S Food Hall, click and collect (a couple of pairs of jeans and two sweaters) I also need to pop into Boots for toiletries for the GC’s bathroom.

The 11yr old is sleeping here tonight, he has a school football match after school (he is so chuffed at getting on the school squad in his first senior year). The Imp has his swimming lesson and should make the second half to watch his brother (pool is at the senior school)

Sending you (((hugs))) FGT2

Greyduster Tue 22-Sept-26 08:24:23

FGT sorry to hear about you BiL💐.

Georgesgran Tue 22-Sept-26 08:17:17

Good Mirning from Durham. Seems a lovely start to the day here. Awful night with a vivid dream and I’ve been awake since 3am - or so I think.
Living in the fast lane today with the boiler service at 10am, then Podiatrist mid afternoon. I might do a bit in the garden between the two and get some sort of winter bedding plants for my window boxes. I’ve no front garden, so they brighten up the ‘kerb appeal’.

Best wishes to all. X