Gransnet forums

Chat

Show us your shoes!

(92 Posts)
Sago Sat 19-Sept-26 10:40:20

I’m just ready to go out and I put on my newest shoes, they are giving me a lot of joy right now!

Show us your shoes/slippers but no feet!
I don’t like feet 😉.

Vintagegirl Mon 21-Sept-26 15:44:29

Fitflop summer is back!

Fallingstar Mon 21-Sept-26 16:30:07

Mamo

Snap!! Fallingstar !!

Ever so comfy aren’t they.
x

JennyCee Mon 21-Sept-26 18:30:22

I love ‘em Sago. I never see anything like that in TKMaxx.
Just seen some v similar in FitFlop but £100!!! Tempted but..

Fallingstar Mon 21-Sept-26 18:54:24

I wish I could wear Fitflops but my feet say ‘no’, for some reason I can’t wear the bit that goes between the toes.
Not sure if anyone else is like this.

dirgni Mon 21-Sept-26 18:56:09

Nice and warm!

MT62 Mon 21-Sept-26 19:45:00

Fallingstar

I wish I could wear Fitflops but my feet say ‘no’, for some reason I can’t wear the bit that goes between the toes.
Not sure if anyone else is like this.

I ruined my nice straight toes during Covid wearing those.
Toes started to curl up 🙄

MT62 Mon 21-Sept-26 19:48:29

dirgni

Nice and warm!

What nice tidy house you’ve got Dirgni

Aldom Mon 21-Sept-26 19:54:07

Russell and Bromley still have a shoe shop in the Westgate shopping centre in Oxford.

MT62 Mon 21-Sept-26 19:55:04

Georgesgran

*MT60*.
The Edge at Hudson‘s Yard is about 4 miles from the Freedom Tower. That’s the tall building at the far end, to the right, with the tallest aerial. The memorial fountains are adjacent to it.

I think their glass floor is somewhere looking over Times Square (I would send it but they are in every photo)

Aldom Mon 21-Sept-26 19:55:38

Witzend Lovely shoes. Haven't they kept their shape well.

Georgesgran Mon 21-Sept-26 21:04:15

They must be on The Skywalk, overlooking Times Square MT62.

MT62 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:40:52

Georgesgran

They must be on The Skywalk, overlooking Times Square MT62.

Yes it looks to be that way as I can see that clock they use on the new year countdown

WithNobsOnIt Mon 21-Sept-26 22:09:45

Your claim to fame?
Do l feel a Facebook or Instagram post coming on?

Scribbles Tue 22-Sept-26 00:00:32

Fallingstar

I wish I could wear Fitflops but my feet say ‘no’, for some reason I can’t wear the bit that goes between the toes.
Not sure if anyone else is like this.

I couldn't wear anything like those Fitflops; ever since I was a small girl, the sensation of anything wedged between my toes makes me feel nauseous and very uncomfortable.

MT62 Tue 22-Sept-26 00:23:57

WithNobsOnIt

Your claim to fame?
Do l feel a Facebook or Instagram post coming on?

Who’s that for?

MT62 Tue 22-Sept-26 00:33:33

I like sketchers foamies & clarks soothing (don’t think you can get them anymore).
I wore mine constantly during Covid.
I have fit flops too, but slightly too big so my toes must have been gripping on so they have become curled up, weird I know.
I know some can be really uncomfortable between the toes, especially cheap plastic flip-flops.

NannaFirework Tue 22-Sept-26 09:51:07

I’m late to the Party but Slippers !
Going out footwear usually any style of Fitflops ❤️

Ilovedogs22 Tue 22-Sept-26 12:14:03

Socks & sandals mostly, they drive my children potty (apart from my barmy son) but I like them.
I've always been a rebel where dressing is concerned but not knowingly; it just comes naturally & I wear what I like.

Nanny27 Tue 22-Sept-26 12:36:02

Barefoot at the moment but Birkenstock clogs are my shoes of the moment

Witzend Tue 22-Sept-26 12:44:37

My ancient, side-zip ones. So comfortable! I now have a sort of beige pair, too.

Frenchgalinspain Tue 22-Sept-26 12:51:23

For sport and for events / dress / meetings ..

Jaxjacky Tue 22-Sept-26 12:52:18

Still bare foot, Birkenstock with toe posts or Surf fit flops if I go out usually.

Fallingstar Tue 22-Sept-26 13:00:27

Frenchgalinspain
Very snazzy. I wish I could wear shoes like that but am afraid my feet wouldn’t cooperate.

JenniRen Tue 22-Sept-26 13:03:12

Fallingstar

Frenchgalinspain
Very snazzy. I wish I could wear shoes like that but am afraid my feet wouldn’t cooperate.

Once upon a time (and I shouldn't have even then but I was young) but no longer!

TerriBull Tue 22-Sept-26 13:04:30

It's so hot today, I'm kicking off my Adidas trainers and it's back on with my summer slides. Hope it lasts I love Indian Summers.