Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 15th September 2026

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 15-Sept-26 04:57:53

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in brackley .
Today , i will get a earlier bus and go to Bicester , have a coffee and a snack maybe a early beer do a shop and chat to people I know.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

glammagran Tue 15-Sept-26 09:21:21

Good morning from overcast Wiltshire. Whilst it’s been warm we didn’t really get any sun over the weekend despite the forecast and it rained at times.

I’ve got my second Shingrix vaccination this afternoon which I am dreading as I was so ill after the first when I got a uti (my only other in my mid twenties which was mild and may have been cystitis) with blood in my urine within a day of receiving it. But better than shingles.

School pickup yesterday. The GC’s were alright until GS2 got out his football and played in the kitchen with it until I heard him. As I was on my way out, I heard a crash as a glass with a glass straw was knocked onto the floor and broke. He had got the football out the previous week in another room and got resoundly told off then. When we dropped them off DD2 just said “Why leave it where he can see it, what do you expect”. It hangs in a mesh bag off the door of our downstairs cupboard. I expect at the age of 5 not to have to hide everything away before he comes. He is rarely told off at home. 😡

GM I am sorry to read about your washing machine woes.

Marzipan what a shocking accident to have endured. I hope you heal quickly. I once had a recently filled hot water bottle that leaked in bed which split as I lifted it out and burnt my arms and the tops of my feet. After that I’ve used electric throws on top of my duvet which are brilliant.

Have a good day everyone.

aggie Tue 15-Sept-26 09:47:38

Another lovely sunny good morning from Co Armagh, it quite breezy , i havent been out so I don’t know how warm it is
I bought a plant with the groceries in Lidl yesterday , I thought that had put the bill up by a lot , till I discovered a jar of coffee in my shopping , I had been looking at it and must have put it in the basket instead of the shelf , it’s not decaf so I’ll donate it !
Not a lot planned for today , I don’t think I could rustle up enough for a wash to justify turning on the machine
Hoping for a better day for all

Georgesgran Tue 15-Sept-26 10:07:24

Good morning from a bright, sunny Durham, still dealing with ridiculous jet lag and had another 12 hour sleep! Never had this before. Still no car, so a friend is picking me up for coffee later.

Best wishes to all. X