Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 29th July 2026

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 29-Jul-26 05:12:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light and its another dry start here in Brackley this morning.
I have been given the all clear as regards to bowel Cancer after 3 years , but have to see my surgery doctor tomorrow as to something else .
Today will do my usual bus trip into Bicester hopefully have a chat to those I know .
Health Fair ,
Take Care,
Mick

Georgesgran Wed 29-Jul-26 08:34:42

Good morning from a heavily overcast Durham. We might struggle to 22c today. Such a sticky night though and I had a 3am cool shower!
My friend who’s off to Ibiza on Friday says she’s running out of time and can’t meet me today, so I’ve got an empty and really feel like going ‘somewhere’. My neighbour has builders this week and I’m boxed in by vans - visitor parking in our little development isn’t easy! On the plus side, the Boss replaced my door lock with a new one he found on his van, so now I can get used to my new alarm system.

A day of two halves Marydoll but lovely to have been with Dollie. I hope the delivery goes to plan today. After a washing machine disaster with DH, and in charge of the finances, I subsequently opted for the ‘full packages’ and didn’t regret the extra cost - I don’t think he ever realised.

Best wishes to all. X

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-26 08:32:28

For goodness sake!

I am in a very vulnerable state just now, brain fog with a blinding headache and you think it is OK to make a meal of a grammatical error!
I have every right to be snippy at your snarky remark.

This is meant to be a supportive thread, why not keep quiet. and let it go.

EkwaNimitee Wed 29-Jul-26 08:31:27

Good morning Mick and everyone from warm and sunny Carlisle, Rain is forecast again but I suppose it will only be a miserable, useless shower.

Yesterday was a bathroom and kitchen cleaning morning followed by a trip into town for an RSV jab, no side effects so far. I popped into the M&S food hall for some veggies and successfully avoided buying a scone though I did ogle them longingly! It was back home to a banana and nuts.

An evening of TV and reading later.

Today, I've just come back from a walk round the Pond, barely any one else about. I shall now embark upon the ironing which will be followed by whatever little job I fancy/ought to do. I suspect there will be a lot of sitting about as the temperature is rising steadily and will be hotter than forecast.

Do have a good day everyone if you can.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 29-Jul-26 08:25:09

You confused me Marydoll as your original usage was ‘postate’.
Then you said about autocorrect (understand tgat bit) but then you corrected it in bold to an error of spelling. ‘Prostate’.

I never usually correct anyone’s spelling. I know it’s frowned upon.

It was simply because you had written a word, said it was ‘damned autocorrect’ and supplied a different wrong word.

I genuinely thought I was being helpful!
Note the emoji’s too.
No need to be snippy.

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-26 08:14:58

I had already sent an amended post which said, Damned autocorrect! prostrate, however, my tablet froze and it didn't send.

Not really good form to correct a poster's grammar, FGT, 😪
I am sure you have never made an error.

Jaxjacky Wed 29-Jul-26 08:11:50

Morning, sun in S Hants and a peak of 30 due.
Good news Mick and they’ll keep an eye on your prostate.
A long power cut r&l very frustrating.
Sounds positive dragonfly.
MrJ taking his car for an oil change this morning, he may wait for it.
My library books need to go back, one renewal as I’ve not finished it.
We have roadworks in the village making every journey a trial.
Have a pleasant day if you can.
🦩 🦩

Gelisa Wed 29-Jul-26 08:09:40

Good morning all from another warm cloudy day in Morecambe Bay.
Nothing planned yet as to what we are doing today, but whatever we decide it will involve walking the dogs.
The dogs are definitely easier to look after than mischievous children Grandmabatty. Our grandchildren are all older now and don’t need looking after anymore. At the dentist yesterday the hygienist asked DH how his little grandson was doing. “Which one?” he asked. “The one you brought in here one time” “Ah he’s away at university- he’s twenty now and over six foot tall!” Time flies. Take care everyone 🌸.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 29-Jul-26 08:07:02

Wrong twice Marydoll! 😂😂
It’s prostate.

Greyduster Wed 29-Jul-26 08:05:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where the sun is shining brightly and it’s already warm. It was fairly cool yesterday - today we will have a high of 27. I managed to do a few tidying up jobs in the garden as things are going over at a rate of knots, and tackled my ironing mountain. In the afternoon I trimmed the box hedge that borders part of the front lawn. There is new growth again after the box moth devastation but I only thinned out the sides and left the top to grow a bit more.

Writers group this afternoon at the library, where hopefully it will be cool!

Have the best day you can folks.

HelterSkelter1 Wed 29-Jul-26 08:02:53

Good morning from an already pretty warm N Surrey. It is forecast to be 33/34 today and then 27 on Thursday and getting cooler thank goodness. Am very envious of those of you 10 or more deg cooler today.
Nothing to do apart from a quick shop and then my job is to keep the house cool. Washing and ironing done yesterday.
The garden is like a desert, but I watered the pots at 5 this morning when it was perfect summer weather.
Have a good day all

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-26 08:01:15

Damned autocorrect! prostrate

Gingster Wed 29-Jul-26 07:57:17

Good morning all and I was pleased to get up and sit in the cool garden after such a hot night.

Today ds1 and DIL are taking us out for breakfast . We were going to the seafront but have decided in the cafe at a local reservoir. Cooler for us.
We used to take the grandchildren there often but haven’t been for a couple of years, so it will be lovely to see it again.

Whirlwind son will be here before 9 so I must get Dh up and ready.

Take care all 🥀

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-26 07:56:32

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 16°C and more rain forecast. We had a solid hour of torrential rain last night, I thought the conservatory roof was going to come in! The garden is sodden,

There is some positive medical news here today. Mick, I hope your postrate problem can be addressed.

We had a lovely day out with Dollie yesterday. However, we were home by 3pm, DH and I were struggling, we needed frequent rests. I had hoped my steroid injection would have kicked in, it hasn't.😪
I was getting really frustrated by his deafneess, but of course my whisper of a voice is to blame. It is never his fault.
He is totally oblivious to the fact that my loss of voice is permanent and how upset and embarrassed, I am, regarding this.
His mood very difficult at the moment, his upcoming colonoscopy is obviously preying on his mind.
I may go to Mass this morning, (Despite there being a funeral.) just to escape.
The curate has just completed part of the Camino, I am looking forward to his news.

Today we have to clear the kitchen extension, for the arrival of the new washing machine and and also a tumble dryer. ( Alleluia)
Space is so tight and getting them installed will be a logistical nightmare. Consequently, I have paid for the full installation package.
I am dreading it, DH will just dump anything, wherever he sees a space and I will be left with the mess!

I wish you all a pleasant day and love to all the mountaineers.

Apologies! What a many post, I have just written!!!

brook2704 Wed 29-Jul-26 07:55:14

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry sunny start to the day
Good news Mick, hope the other problems aren’t too bad
So frustrating about the power cut again roses, that’s an awful long time for an outage
Oh goodness grandmabatty! 🤦‍♀️
I’m back to the gym today for a couple of classes and then going for coffee with a couple of pals. After that it’s my usual routine of the walk into town along the River Ness, a browse around the shops and then the bus home. Simple pleasures but enjoyable
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

monk08 Wed 29-Jul-26 07:50:27

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
Mick good news about your bowel cancer.
Nothing planned as yet will wait to see if DH has any plans.
Didn't go to garden centre yesterday took car for a clean after hairdressers then called in for a meal on way home.
Have the best day you can everyone whatever your plans 😎

harrigran Wed 29-Jul-26 07:49:30

Good morning from the NE where it is a comfortable temperature with a forecast of 23°.
Yesterday was mostly spent reading, some of the time in the garden, but it was windy.
The house opposite to me has been empty for almost four years and yesterday I noticed that the roof of the porch is collapsing. It is becoming an eyesore so I think I will report it to the relevant authority.

My sister and BIL are visiting today and taking me shopping, lovely to have someone to talk to.
Have a good day.

Ashcombe Wed 29-Jul-26 07:47:15

Good morning from a bright and sunny Torbay.

It’s good to know you have the all clear regarding the cancer, Mick. Please send me a PM if you’d like my DH to share his experience regarding an enlarged prostate. I’m glad his advice was helpful to your DH, Gagagran, although neither of us has any recall of that exchange!

I enjoyed the session at Props yesterday and we have a new lady on the team, making seven of us in total when all attend. I had a chance to see the set for Yes, Prime Minister which is looking good. Another rehearsal tonight.

This afternoon sees the end of year party for Wednesday Club. One of our number will be celebrating his 90th birthday at the end of the month. I know a few nonagenarians here - perhaps it’s the sea air.

Happy hump day, everyone! 🦩🥰😎💐🦩

Liberty Wed 29-Jul-26 07:45:49

Good morning from a sunny and cloudless sky in Suffolk. I have an all day meeting but no travel involved as most now are on Teams. Our dining room is the coolest room in the house so I shall lock myself away there.

The refuse collection around heee is stil chaotic. We had the big bin collected as per schedule but not food caddies.. we are not using ours at present. There was a message on the council’s App yesterday saying they couldn’t,at present,guarantee weekly collections because of a whole list of problems…..all of which could and should have been anticipated.

The DD of one of my friends is a local councillor in the poorest ward of a large town in this county and says that she is spending all her time dealing with refuse collection complaints.

Reassuring news Mick for you yesterday and hopefully the other problem can be dealt with soon.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 29-Jul-26 07:26:53

Crikey Grandmabatty you deserve your day of rest after averting possible flooding AND fire in your home yesterday! Two narrow escapes! 😮

kittylester Wed 29-Jul-26 07:24:46

Good morning all from a bright and warm North Leicestershire.

Our cleaner will appear at 9 amd DH is off to the gym. We are meeting friends in a village cafe this afternoon - a good catch up in prospect.

A friend is calling in to sign a letter that DH has written for her regarding a change on her house that she knew nothing about. We wonder if her estranged husband is up to no good. It would not be out of character.

Have the best day possible everyone.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 29-Jul-26 07:23:48

So guardedly good news then dragonfly? A relief of sorts really. 🤞

Redcar Wed 29-Jul-26 07:19:38

Good morning everyone from mid Essex, cloudless blue sky and sun this morning. I had a good sleep last night but my back is very stiff this morning. Perhaps I shouldn’t have tried to move the very full and heavy garden waste bin yesterday…. I couldn’t move it anyway, but hopefully my neighbour will put it out for me on the right day.
Not a good start to today, I took the bottle of orange juice out of the fridge, shook I and the lid came off, showering me and the floor with juice. I hadn’t anticipated having to mop the floor at 6.45! I’m still coughing a lot too!

I’ll drive to DD1’s after breakfast to deliver Dgd3’s birthday presents, she’ll be 8 at the weekend but they’re off to a seaside resort in Suffolk later today and won’t be back until Monday. DD2 and family are also going too, so it will be a quiet few days for me.

mick good that your bowel cancer is now all clear, and I hope the prostate doesn’t cause too many problems for you.

rosesandlilac sorry to hear of your power problems and lack of sleep. I hope you are able to rest and recover a little today.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Grandmabatty Wed 29-Jul-26 07:18:58

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 16° and damp, although not actually raining at the moment. Mick that's good news for you about the bowel cancer. FGT enjoy your day out.
Yesterday I dropped off dgs1 at football then took dgs2 to my house. He played quite happily, I thought, as I made soup. That was my big mistake. He did come to tell me there was a mess in the bathroom. When I went through, the floor was swimming. He had decided to wash his dolly's hair in the sink. There was water everywhere but the sink! I got it sorted, went to find him and he was in the living room in front of the fire which he had put on "to dry dolly's hair". The boy is a walking disaster! Needless to say, the fire was put off and dolly removed from a crispy end. The rest of the day went well. He was tired and therefore grumpy in the afternoon. When we picked up his brother, he fell asleep in the car and was sound. Dgs1 went into the house while I blethered to my neighbour, leaving the car door open. A helicopter flew over and the fish van hooted very loudly- nothing would wake him. Eventually I had to make him wake which did not improve his temper.
I dropped them home and set about clearing the mayhem before dinner.
Today is my going nowhere and seeing no-one day. I will potter about the house quite happily. Dinner will be chicken, I think. Have a good day

Gagagran Wed 29-Jul-26 07:16:16

Good Morning everyone from another sunny and warm (set to be hot) day.

I have an empty today as DH is out with his cycling club but, sensibly for once, they have curtailed the planned ride due to the heat so I shall be less concerned about him returning zonked. They are all old boys (and two ladies) of a certain age who still think they are in their prime!

Back at the ranch, I plan to give myself a pedicure, do the Tesco delivery order for Friday and book a hair cut. I also need to contact my niece to see how the clearance of my big brother's sheltered flat has gone. She was on a tight timetable for handing back the keys.

Good news about your cancer Mick but not so much about the prostate. You are on the same track as my DH was, who is further along it, in front of you. He had a TURPS operation on his prostate after his stoma reversal op. and has been back to normal function on both counts. Ashcombe's DH was very informative about the TURPS op and helped us a lot. (Thanks *Oldds!).

Thinking of all our GNs with worries, struggles or loneliness to cope with and hoping today is a better day with some relief and comfort.

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Jul-26 07:13:04

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

We had a strange day at the hospital yesterday with DH. We were there to have an ultrasound of a new growth on his liver so they could zap it on Friday. The problem was they couldn’t find it.
Eventually they rushed through a CT scan and as it hasn’t changed since April they are going to leave it and do another scan in 3 months.

I am still suffering with sciatica but hoping the results of my MRI last Sunday will show what is going on.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.