Gransnet forums

Scams and fraud

TV licence scam

(6 Posts)
Cillafan Wed 07-Oct-26 12:04:40

Hello, I've just received an obvious scam email saying the payment for my TV licence has failed, and I need to pay now (yeah right !), the latter part of the email address it came from had an Indian womans name followed by artweinspire.com, no mention of my name, and I pay for TV licence by DD, which is not short of funds, email now deleted, so be alert folks, the third time this year people have tried (unsuccessfully) to scam me !.........wink

nanna8 Wed 07-Oct-26 12:08:03

Desperados. Not intelligent ones,either.

Patrica1010 Wed 07-Oct-26 15:18:11

Well spotted, Cillafan! You ticked every warning sign: no name, a strange sender address, and "pay now" pressure. 👏

pably15 Wed 07-Oct-26 19:50:59

they either think they're smart, or think we're stupid...

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 07-Oct-26 19:57:40

I have a couple a day from these people saying my payment has failed! Rubbish. I have a direct debit and it went through this week.

Gingster Wed 07-Oct-26 20:04:36

Yes I’ve had these too.
Ignore them!