What time do you get up the morning. I usually get up around 8.00 but it can be a movable feast. My DH is strictly regimental about it and always gets up at 6.30. If he leaves it till 6.45 he has got up ‘late’ and has wasted the day.
First there was a rustle, A floating in the blue, The curly, flying, magic dot, Came darting into view! So raise a glass of grammar, Let all your shouting cease, The errant little squiggly mark Has brought the world sweet peace.
I wake hopefully around 7, (sometimes earlier) make myself a cuppa and take it back to bed, DH is very restless during the night and likes to lie in, so unless we have an appointment we usually get up around 8.30-9.00. I like to scroll FB on my phone and send a WhatsApp to our DD and DGS, saying good morning.
Doesnt matter what time I go to bed or fall asleep I still wake for the loo around 2-3am. By the time I have fed my hungry cat & got back to bed it can be anywhere up to 6.30 before my brain shuts off again. Of course then sense tells me get up & start the day but oh no sleep grabs me & I wake again around 8.30-9am wishing I did not have to get up but feeling guilty if I do not get up. By then anyway Cookie has decided he is starving as he has no wet food down & biscuit is not breakfast! So I do as he tells me ( he is boss ) & start the day with his breakfast! I’ve forgotten what it was like to sleep all night! My Nan used to have similar problems & said it was one of the ‘pleasures’ of getting old but that it beat the alternative 😂
I go to bed at 10 pm and read until between 11.30 and midnight. I usually pop to the loo around 5 am and doze until around 8 am. I like to be showered, dressed and downstairs by 8.30 am. OH has his own room. He goes to bed after 11 pm and is up and down throughout the night. He snores, has restless legs syndrome and needs the loo frequently. He is usually downstairs by 10.30 am.
The only time I eat in bed is if I’m unwell. For my 60th, younger son bought me one of those special trays with collapsible legs.
Sallywally 1 I have one of those too , it’s a nightmare! We have started swimming 3 times a week but we have to go at 7 am so means getting up at 6 😡 he feels he is losing a lot of the day if he is up after 6.30 , god help us! But I look at the other side I would rather that than not have that every morning
Generally up between 7 - 7.30 am. If I am not going anywhere particular I’ll often not be dressed before around 11 preferring to do household jobs before showering.