I'm having my house renovated and left the key with the builder and moved to a guest house.
Have just returned home and found that my new computer and book with passwords has been stolen. It was really well hidden. The computer doesn't bother me but I feel hurt that someone would do that.
They're half way through and I think it's best if I do not say anything. What would you do?
The weird thing is I've got a strong gut feeling for who the culprit is.
barmcake, years ago I got fed up with maintaining a property, so I sold my house and have rented ever since. I live alone and delight in not having to worry about maintenance. I've moved around quite a lot and have had very good landlords and the whole experience has been really excellent. I hope it's as good for you when it happens.
That's cheered me up Marzipan22. The great thing is you can just up and leave anytime you like. I also live alone and delight in my own company. I'm sure you've been an excellent tenant and landlords want to hang on to you.
I used to love just owning a suitcase of clothes and moving whenever the fancy took me. All this clutter we accumulate can become a burden. Complete freedom is a marvellous thing.
I so agree barmcake. I think I was almost happiest in my bedsitter days as a 20 year old. Just a suitcase of very few clothes, a favourite bedspread and a table lamp amd I was good to go.
I am decluttering now and its feeling good to get rid of things unused now. Neither DDs want things I thought they would andnit woukd be wrong of me to weigh them both down with clutter..
I so agree barmcake. I think I was almost happiest in my bedsitter days as a 20 year old. Just a suitcase of very few clothes, a favourite bedspread and a table lamp amd I was good to go.
I am decluttering now and its feeling good to get rid of things unused now. Neither DDs want things I thought they would andnit woukd be wrong of me to weigh them both down with clutter..
I’m attempting to do the same!
It’s a long and arduous task after 38 years in one house. I struggle with it.
Yes Cossy we have been in this house for 45 years. "Inherited" my parents' furniture combined with 2 very good charity shops in the town results in too much stuff. All things I have loved, but they must go and hopefully someone else will love them too.
I so agree barmcake. I think I was almost happiest in my bedsitter days as a 20 year old. Just a suitcase of very few clothes, a favourite bedspread and a table lamp amd I was good to go.
I am decluttering now and its feeling good to get rid of things unused now. Neither DDs want things I thought they would andnit woukd be wrong of me to weigh them both down with clutter..
You sound exactly like me. It was lovely knowing you could pack a suitcase and go. People weigh themselves down with responsibilities and life becomes a prison.
Maybe we can re-discover our bed sit days but with more comfort. We've certainly earned it.
I so agree barmcake. I think I was almost happiest in my bedsitter days as a 20 year old. Just a suitcase of very few clothes, a favourite bedspread and a table lamp amd I was good to go.
I am decluttering now and its feeling good to get rid of things unused now. Neither DDs want things I thought they would andnit woukd be wrong of me to weigh them both down with clutter..
I’m attempting to do the same!
It’s a long and arduous task after 38 years in one house. I struggle with it.
Good luck to you and best of luck to barmcake 🙂
38 years must result in an awful lot of clutter Cossy. Material things mean less to me as I get older: I've tried to give stuff away but people don't want Victorian ornaments, paintings or large items of furniture.
You're really making me dream now. I find it interesting to think that we were much happier when we had less.
barmcake, my children think I'm a bit of a hippy because I lived in a van in a field for a while, storing my belongings in a rented garage. It was an unforgettable time, wonderful. I came back to earth, so to speak, because I had grandchildren and needed a base for them.
That sounds crazy but wonderful. I hope we're talking summer time.
Getting rid of clutter and shedding responsibilities is my main goal. It's so expensive to live now, lots of young people are still trapped at home. When I was a student nurse I always had the money for rent, car and holidays.