Where is everyone? I know I'm not the only insomniac; been awake since 3.00 and I'm now bored....
Are terrorist causes ever right?
Ruler Of The World (lighthearted)
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Where is everyone? I know I'm not the only insomniac; been awake since 3.00 and I'm now bored....
Hi, ariadne. just up. Need coffee.
Good idea. Good morning! May even have to dust something...
Oh dear! That bad!? Poor you! 
first sip of coffee going down. Aaaaah.
I'm up - mind you, it IS 4.37 in the afternoon!
We've just had our first rain after a very dry November so I've been out in the garden transplanting some flowers and some brahmi and some oregano. Of course, the dog, a golden retriever had to join in and got disgusting, so I had to hose her down, come in and towel her dry. She gets her summer shave next week, after which she'll look like a labrador.
Does your dog get a winter shave too, joan?
just going to look up Brahmi. See if you can tell me on here before I get back! 
Beat ya! How big are the leaves? Is it like cress/mustard? How do you use it? Salad? Tea?
Hi all. I've been awake since 4.30, another insomniac night. Sometimes I sleep though! Been on the computer researching family stuff, back to bed, back to computer for a message from Rootschat....thinks - get on Gransnet see what's going on....Morning!
Looking round the forums - someone else liked the comics I did - great memories.
Going to have more coffee and read, bye for now.
Good morning, I'm up too. I have a fasting blood test at 8.30 so can only drink water. I can smell your coffee bags!
Hate that kind of test, notso! Still, you'll enjoy your first
even more than usual afterwards.
I had one of those last week, yuk. Sympathy.
Which reminds me I must ring the doctors for the results....a general MOT, she said.....am I a car?
I had the fasting blood test a couple of weeks ago, but when I rang GP for results I was told the test would have to be re-taken as there wasn't enough of a sample to test! When I rang the local hospital to arrange another blood test, they said this happens from time to time but that the fault wasn't at their end, it's about what happens at the Lab. I asked 'Do you mean they drop it?' and the reply was 'Exactly'.
The cottage hospital is only 5 minutes away so I'll be back and all coffeed up before I know it.
Morning, I had the fasting blood test yesterday, had to leave a note to myself only to have black coffee in the morning. Fingers crossed they don't send me back for one of those disgusting glucose drink tests that I had last year 
Bagitha asked: Beat ya! How big are the leaves? Is it like cress/mustard? How do you use it? Salad? Tea?
It is a tea - supposed to aid memory. Apparently people drink loads of it in India! Little leaves.
Morning all, I am also an insomniac, but I think I am getting used to it!! Having first cup of tea (one to quench thirst, second one to enjoy!).
I am really enjoying GN and read the posts every day, though I do not always post because often I feel it has all been said and I can't add anything. They usually make me laugh and have on occasion made me cry. I do feel that it is a little (?) community and everyone seems so willing to lend support which is wonderful.
Hello again.
Just had my second cup of coffee. At least I have daylight, my heating on and breakfast inside me.
But, I took my coffee to the TV, and turned on Breakfast....BBC, and they seem to be advertising posh French shoes...red soles, I'm probably supposed to know what they are, but I don't care really.
The interviewee said he was making exotic shoes for exotic birds.....then there was a pic from his book, showed the back of a woman's head - with a spike-heeled shoe on top of her head.
I think - shows very well what is in his head, are we all supposed to have the ideal shoe in our minds? Me, I gave those sort of shoes up a long time ago, but I do remember in my teens..................
Awake and reading since 4am. The loud snoring at my side not allowing me to get back to sleep
, even with my earplugs stuffed in. Should just have got up and gone through to other room, but the bed would've been too cold...!
Thanks, joan. I hadn't heard of it before. I don't suppose it would grow in the UK.
Heavens - all you early birds! I had to get up at 7.30 to open the front door ready for the decorator and then make a
for Mr.G whose birthday it is today. Then I had to cart all his pressies up the stairs and turn on the pc so he could skype all the daughters - I'm now ready for a quick 40 winks 
Just having my morning large cup of tea. Might feel human after that. Typical night's sleep - out like a light till about 4, read for a bit, slept, woke up 7-ish, all stiffened up. Now have to try to un-stiffen and get several tasks done, like buying Christmas cards, books to library, gift tokens from various stores - £££££!
Feeling human now after a cup of coffee and bowl of Shreddies. The blood test waiting room was full of old people, many of whom were grumbling about having to wait 10 or 15 minutes past their appointment time. When I went through to the nurse I suggested a poster be put up in the waiting room saying 'Any idea how much your blood test would cost if you had to pay for it?'. I know the NHS has many faults, but really!
Hope all's well with your test, Notsogrand. I agree with what you say about the grumbling patients. I'm sure that they wouldn't want their own tests hurried. The poor nurse!
I thought you'd be up, Oxon!
Notsogrand, tell me, is it OK to have black coffee before a fasting blood test? I'll be so happy if it is - have been putting it off because, often waking early, I just cannot do without my coffee.
Fortunately my insomnia is intermittent; a couple of really bad nights then I'm OK for a week or so. Usually!
I was awake at 4 but didn't think anyone would be on Gransnet, how comforting to know their is an insomniac's corner, I shall be there next time. Actually what woke me was toothache, I have made an appointment for this afternoon and am trying to take my mind off it, I am phobic about going to the dentist, dentaphobic?
Morning all. Been up ages [well, seems that way] - enjoyed a pot of tea and porridge with sliced banana for breakfast. Fed the cats and birds. Blew a little dust from top of the computer. About to leave for phase 3 of root canal work in the reclining chair without a view but accompanied by the strident whine of the drill. Back later 
This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion
Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.