Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Last night I became a widow

(318 Posts)
M0nica Thu 01-Oct-26 08:44:24

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

GrammaH Fri 02-Oct-26 10:25:26

I'm so sorry to hear this, Monica. Sending heartfelt condolences

teabagwoman Fri 02-Oct-26 10:33:29

M0nica, I’ve come late to your sad news. I can’t think of anything to say that’s the least bit helpful so I’ll just say that you have all my sympathy.

Bellanonna Fri 02-Oct-26 10:45:44

I was shocked when I saw it was you when I opened the thread. Sad news MOnica. RIP your husband.

Mrsdof Fri 02-Oct-26 10:56:19

My most sincere condolences Monica. Thinking of you

TillyTrotter Fri 02-Oct-26 11:40:31

Sorry for your sad loss and my deep sympathy to your family monica 🥀

Annma Fri 02-Oct-26 11:58:38

Heartfelt condolences and so sorry for your loss.xx

ferry23 Fri 02-Oct-26 12:14:54

Oh M0nica, I'm so sorry for your loss. Deepest sympathy to you. My thoughts are with you.

Shinamae Fri 02-Oct-26 12:25:34

💐💐

Doodle Fri 02-Oct-26 12:40:21

So sorry for your loss. 💐

watermeadow Fri 02-Oct-26 12:45:33

I’m so sorry. Be strong and try to look to the future.

Gin Fri 02-Oct-26 12:52:44

Such sad news Monica, take care of youself, keep strong if you can.

grannyqueenie Fri 02-Oct-26 13:28:14

Oh Monica, I’m so sad to read this. I hope all the comments here make you realise just how many people care about you. Be as kind to yourself as you can be in these early days of such sadness, thinking of you and your family too. 🥰 x

fancyflowers Fri 02-Oct-26 13:29:01

When my daughter was widowed, she said that friends assumed that she was ok after a few months. If you're not, then don't be afraid to reach out to your family and friends and let them know you might still need their support. Sending my love to you.

Harris27 Fri 02-Oct-26 14:14:39

So very sorry.

Trixee Fri 02-Oct-26 14:23:31

Deepest Condolences to you Monica

speyside Fri 02-Oct-26 16:11:19

I never thought I’d be a widow. You never know what’s round the corner and all the words in the world don’t mend a broken heart. Somehow we want to live. We have to go on in their name every birthday and every Christmas will never be the same memories everywhere

Harmony47 Fri 02-Oct-26 16:51:08

So sorry to hear your sad news.
I hope you are being supported by your family.
Thinking of you all and wishing you strength in the days to come x

Duvetdiva Fri 02-Oct-26 17:15:28

M0nica

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible
flowers

Aveline Fri 02-Oct-26 18:18:29

How are you doing M0nica? I hope you've got kind support and help over these difficult days.

MollyNew Fri 02-Oct-26 18:24:23

Sincere condolences M0nica flowers

Curlywhirly Fri 02-Oct-26 19:05:12

So sorry to read your sad news, sincere condolences to you and your family thanks

NoodleNut Fri 02-Oct-26 19:20:48

So sorry to hear this MOnica x

Norah Fri 02-Oct-26 20:44:35

My condolences M0nica. flowers

GrannyIvy Fri 02-Oct-26 21:48:44

I am so sorry sending love to you and your family ❤️

dogsmother Fri 02-Oct-26 22:38:32

M0nica

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

Condolences to you, hold on tight, day by day you will get there xxxxx