Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Last night I became a widow

(319 Posts)
M0nica Thu 01-Oct-26 08:44:24

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

Maremia Wed 07-Oct-26 06:30:02

You are so brave MOnica.
Hope you are getting all the support you need from friends and family. 🌼 🌸 🌻

Naughtyneine Tue 06-Oct-26 23:14:38

Sending you love and prayers. May he rest in peace.

DillytheGardener Tue 06-Oct-26 22:59:41

Haven’t posted in a long time, but couldn’t read and not offer my sincere condolences. I hope you have support around you, (and everyone on here)

LizH13 Tue 06-Oct-26 22:34:05

So very sorry to hear your news M0nica my condolences to you.

Mamie Tue 06-Oct-26 17:39:55

So sorry to hear your news MOnica. I hope the good people of Normandie surrounded you with care.

Earthmother9 Tue 06-Oct-26 14:38:06

Sorry for your loss, please stay strong.

BlueBelle Tue 06-Oct-26 14:32:40

Monica I am please to read your update and that your husband was in his ‘ happy place’ and having a great day before he had a major heart attack and that s all any of us want. However such a shock for you, do look after yourself you are I m sure a stoic woman and will manage but allow yourself to be sad and accept support from family and friends as much as you need, remember it helps the giver as much as the receiver
Peaceful thoughts go to you x

Youngerthanspringtime Tue 06-Oct-26 14:16:07

So sorry to hear that, my condolences to you.

JenniRen Tue 06-Oct-26 11:21:25

A shock for you and the family, M0nica but your dear husband had had a lovely day in a place he loved which I hope will be of comfort to you all.
💐

Poppyred Tue 06-Oct-26 07:38:22

Very sorry for your loss.

wendyann23 Tue 06-Oct-26 07:25:49

Oh Monica, such a shock for you and your family. I hope you can in time take comfort in knowing he had had a lovely day in a beautiful part of the world that meant so much to you. I know I would like to go that way.

rowan1963 Tue 06-Oct-26 04:43:59

It's really so to hear and I hope that you find peace in the beautiful memories you both shared together while he was here with us...

GrandmaKT Mon 05-Oct-26 19:24:35

So sorry M0nica flowers

Madgran77 Mon 05-Oct-26 18:42:34

Thinking of you Monica. A real shock for you ...but a good way for your husband to come to the end of his life. 💐

sassenach512 Mon 05-Oct-26 14:12:22

So sad for you and your family MOnica the comforting thing is, he was with his loved ones after a good day, in the place he loved, I think we'd all like to go that way. Bless you all flowers

MrsQuigley Mon 05-Oct-26 10:12:29

I am so sorry to hear of your loss M0nica. I wish you strength and the comfort of your family in the days and weeks ahead.

fancythat Mon 05-Oct-26 09:59:32

Lovely for him to go that way, but a shock for you. Take care.

TerriBull Mon 05-Oct-26 09:55:16

Just sending best wishes and kind thoughts to you and your family, I'm thinking you were there together in the gite as you said "we were all so happy" to be back and you'd had a lovely day. I hope you draw some comfort from that. flowers

Lovetopaint037 Mon 05-Oct-26 09:28:11

So sorry. Just hold on and go on until the enormity of it has sunk in and some kind of adjustment can take place. Time is a slow burner but meanwhile take any comfort from family and friends. God bless.

V3ra Mon 05-Oct-26 09:20:19

Please take comfort that he was living his life to the full when he died in a place he loved.

Perfect words from Luckygirl3

Patsy70 Mon 05-Oct-26 09:17:21

That must be some comfort to you MOnica that your DH had spent such a happy day with you in a place that he loved.
Thinking of you and hoping you have the love and support around you. 💐

madeleine45 Mon 05-Oct-26 08:22:13

My sincere condolences and will be thinking of you especially today.

MartavTaurus Mon 05-Oct-26 08:21:48

What a mix of a tiny piece of happiness amongst all your sadness M0nica. I'm pleased your husband had many smiles on his last days in his happy place. Take care of youself.
Should you need any on the spot unofficial translating, just send me an email and I'll get straight back.

Luckygirl3 Mon 05-Oct-26 07:57:48

Sending love and support to you at this very difficult time.
Please take comfort that he was living his life to the full when he died in a place he loved.

Iam64 Mon 05-Oct-26 07:47:06

Thank you for saying a little about what happened MOnica. I hope you can take some comfort in the way event unfolded as you move into what will be a difficult time. Sending love x