Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Last night I became a widow

(318 Posts)
M0nica Thu 01-Oct-26 08:44:24

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

Madgran77 Thu 01-Oct-26 21:46:53

Monica 💐 So sorry that you are facing this

Melanie61 Thu 01-Oct-26 22:01:24

So sorry MOnica flowers

jusnoneed Thu 01-Oct-26 22:06:23

Condolences to you and your family MOnica.

grandmac Thu 01-Oct-26 22:12:45

Sincere condolences Monica. Thought and prayers to you and your family. May your husband rest in perfect peace.

AnotherLiz Thu 01-Oct-26 22:15:40

So sorry to hear your sad news Monica. Sending condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. Sending big hugs

LadyGracie Thu 01-Oct-26 22:43:35

Sincere condolences 💐

icanhandthemback Fri 02-Oct-26 01:04:18

My sincere condolences to you, M0nica. I do hope you have plenty of support around you. Take care.

seasider Fri 02-Oct-26 01:21:12

So sorry for your loss x

HelterSkelter1 Fri 02-Oct-26 06:36:47

Sad news. Sympathies to you and your family.

mumofmadboys Fri 02-Oct-26 06:40:31

Im very sorry to hear this. Take care x

glammagran Fri 02-Oct-26 06:43:54

So sorry to read you have joined this unwanted club. Will be thinking of you. 💐

Cath9 Fri 02-Oct-26 06:45:58

A difficult time for you and if you have a family. Although we never forget them gradually you will start to regain your own life and perhaps think of joining a bereavement or solo group.
In the meantime just take it easy while you grieve.

GranEd Fri 02-Oct-26 07:32:24

So very sorry MOnica 💐

harrigran Fri 02-Oct-26 07:46:38

So sorry to hear your sad news MOnica.

Jane43 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:01:40

Sorry for your loss Monica.

Gracey Fri 02-Oct-26 08:18:38

Oh Monica, I'm so sorry to read of your husband's death, whether expected or sudden. My sincere sympathy and condolences.

Nannan2 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:27:31

Sorry for your loss MOnica.Sending hugs.

Cabbie21 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:47:11

So sorry to read this this news, MOnica.

speyside Fri 02-Oct-26 08:55:18

Been a widow for 6 months after 41 years the pain and heartache loneliness is indescribable and that’s without all the paperwork problems happened in another country and so foreign languages to cope with I tried therapy didn’t really help for me I’m selling the house too many memories and can u believe problems in it on top son redundant and divorcing having to pay for him I wonder if life will ever be same my birthday and Xmas I’m dreading 😳🙈

Iam64 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:58:43

So sorry to read your sad MOnica., sending sincere condolences . I remember posting that I had become a widow in October 2022. Gransnetters were so kind and understanding as of course, I was joining many other widows. I hope you have support and that you can be gentle with yourself .

Litterpicker Fri 02-Oct-26 09:23:12

So sorry to hear this sad news, Monica.

lovethepuppies Fri 02-Oct-26 09:44:46

I'm so sorry M0nica. flowers

HeatherWhite Fri 02-Oct-26 09:53:48

So sorry, my husband passed 4 weeks ago. It's hard, but the love support of family and friends will help you to pull through.

baubles Fri 02-Oct-26 10:12:55

I’m sorry to hear your sad news Monica. Sending my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Rosie51 Fri 02-Oct-26 10:17:45

Such sad news Monica. I don't know why but I was shocked to see your name when I opened the thread. My sincere sympathy at this painful time. x