Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anyone watched Blame and saw the end?

(40 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Sat 03-Oct-26 00:02:42

We really enjoyed this serial. The acting was great. Sat up late to see the ending. Still can’t understand the ending fully. Anyone else have a view on it? That is without a spoiler.

rafichagran Sat 03-Oct-26 00:30:04

I am watching and enjoying it.

Shirleyw Sat 03-Oct-26 04:57:09

Yes, have watched them all, I enjoyed it.

Sago Sat 03-Oct-26 07:49:52

An excellent show, the texts between the male Police officers are actual texts, the writer based the story on them.

The misogyny and immaturity is staggering and very concerning.

eazybee Sat 03-Oct-26 08:12:22

I thought there were two more episodes to go?

granfromafar Sat 03-Oct-26 08:27:31

I'm hoping there are 2 more episodes to go, next Sunday and Monday. It definitely hasn't finished.

Pittcity Sat 03-Oct-26 08:29:24

I think they left us with a cliffhanger and not a real conclusion.
I was appalled but not surprised by the actions of the police.
I don't know how Michelle Keegan's character didn't have a complete breakdown.

I binged on ITVX eazybee.

V3ra Sat 03-Oct-26 08:37:19

There are six episodes on ITVX.

LadyGracie Sat 03-Oct-26 09:18:56

The ending wasn’t expected, I enjoyed it, a good series.

I wish she’d left her face alone, she was so pretty.

Calendargirl Sat 03-Oct-26 09:40:45

LadyGracie

The ending wasn’t expected, I enjoyed it, a good series.

I wish she’d left her face alone, she was so pretty.

I thought I was the only one who wondered why she’s had so much ‘work’ done when she was such a pretty girl in the first place.

Her forehead and face just didn’t move, looked so unnatural.

Charleygirl5 Sat 03-Oct-26 09:45:42

I also have thoroughly enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to the last two episodes tomorrow and Monday. I don't understand why it didn't receive more publicity considering the rubbish and frequent repeats usually offered.

ferry23 Sat 03-Oct-26 09:51:29

On a thread about a programme showing the horrendous mysogyny and extreme violence against women within the police force, there's something of an irony that posters are discussing the looks of the lead female actress.

merlotgran Sat 03-Oct-26 09:52:20

I binged it to the end and loved it.

Good twist. Maybe another series?

Tenko Sat 03-Oct-26 10:03:34

Yes I watched it and enjoyed it. I think I need to rewatch the last episode as I struggled to get my head around it . Plus Douglas Booth was pleasant to look at .

Beechnut Sat 03-Oct-26 10:59:24

Have to agree with your last sentence Tenko. 😀

Calendargirl Sat 03-Oct-26 13:19:15

Oh dear LadyGracie, that’s us put in our place for our comments about the lead actress!

LadyGracie Sat 03-Oct-26 16:20:17

Take no notice Calendargirl, it was an honest obsevation and did not detract from the excellent programme.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 03-Oct-26 23:11:17

Yes Tenko, it was the last episode. I too couldn’t quite get my head around it.

Jane43 Sun 04-Oct-26 06:03:29

Lovetopaint037

Yes Tenko, it was the last episode. I too couldn’t quite get my head around it.

I have to confess that after watching the final episode I was a bit bemused so I googled ‘understanding the end of The Blame’ and it helped.

Doodledog Sun 04-Oct-26 08:31:12

I agree, ferry. Casual comments about women’s appearance are so damaging to how we are viewed, as well as to individuals’ self esteem.

As for the ending, I am confused too - partly as I can’t decide what was seen at the end, so I’m off to Google, too.

Eloethan Sun 04-Oct-26 10:46:53

I didn't understand it either so, thank you Jane, I will google it.

I thought it was an OK series but not as brilliant as some reviews claim.

Doodledog Sun 04-Oct-26 11:49:33

Eloethan

I didn't understand it either so, thank you Jane, I will google it.

I thought it was an OK series but not as brilliant as some reviews claim.

It was something that had been signalled a couple of times, but I didn't make the connection.

I enjoyed the series. I had suspected the baddies at various points, but to be fair I suspected everyone at one point or another.

Tenko Sun 04-Oct-26 12:52:04

Thanks I will Google the end .

mokryna Mon 05-Oct-26 14:30:45

The last episode is tonight, on tv and I am looking forward to watching it.

knspol Mon 05-Oct-26 14:41:52

Am watching this but haven't skipped to the end which I usually do if available. Am enjoying it but at the same time unfortunately thinking it could be very close to real life which is a bit worrying.