Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anyone watched Blame and saw the end?

(41 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Sat 03-Oct-26 00:02:42

We really enjoyed this serial. The acting was great. Sat up late to see the ending. Still can’t understand the ending fully. Anyone else have a view on it? That is without a spoiler.

Magenta8 Mon 05-Oct-26 14:47:39

ferry23

On a thread about a programme showing the horrendous mysogyny and extreme violence against women within the police force, there's something of an irony that posters are discussing the looks of the lead female actress.

The same thought struck me.

Susieq62 Mon 05-Oct-26 15:22:11

I can explain if you would like me to ? I suspect they have left it as a cliff hanger so it might be a follow up series.
The text messages were appalling. I suspect it might still go on.

StoneofDestiny Mon 05-Oct-26 15:38:03

Yes - watched and enjoyed it. Horrifying to find the text messages were from actual serving officers. The ending was meant as a cliffhanger - maybe another series due? In essence it was implying nobody had clean hands.

grannybuy Mon 05-Oct-26 15:42:54

I don’t want to cause a spoiler, so I’ll wait until after the last episode has aired before I give my take on it. I’d says it’s open ended.

Up2u Mon 05-Oct-26 16:22:55

OH sussed it from episode one

2507C0 Mon 05-Oct-26 23:28:23

Just what I was thinking too.

Lovetopaint037 Tue 06-Oct-26 00:08:03

Good idea, Googling the meaning of the end.

Calendargirl Tue 06-Oct-26 07:52:50

I found the last episode a bit disappointing actually.

Even DI Crane has feet of clay.

Another series to follow, of course.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 06-Oct-26 07:56:52

I suspected him from the beginning 🤦‍♀️

I hope there is another series, I like Michelle Keegan as an actress.

Doodledog Tue 06-Oct-26 08:01:10

I suspected him too, but then I suspected all of the others at various points, which to me is how a whodunnit should work 😀.

I liked it more than I expected to, and would watch a series 2 if they made one.

mokryna Tue 06-Oct-26 12:14:25

I would watch a second series but Lewis knows the truth …

Doodledog Tue 06-Oct-26 14:40:41

mokryna

I would watch a second series but Lewis knows the truth …

He does, but could have secrets of his own . . . 😀

mokryna Tue 06-Oct-26 16:04:43

HaHa

eazybee Tue 06-Oct-26 17:55:22

Far too many twists and turns packed into the last episode.
Disappointing that the misogyny was not dealt with more fully, simply announced that the chief perpetrators had been suspended/dismissed and facing sentencing.
And every bit of evidence dependent on technology.

MG55 Wed 07-Oct-26 21:20:02

I just finished watching it and I thought it was very good 👍