Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anyone watched Blame and saw the end?

(41 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Sat 03-Oct-26 00:02:42

We really enjoyed this serial. The acting was great. Sat up late to see the ending. Still can’t understand the ending fully. Anyone else have a view on it? That is without a spoiler.

MG55 Wed 07-Oct-26 21:20:02

I just finished watching it and I thought it was very good 👍

eazybee Tue 06-Oct-26 17:55:22

Far too many twists and turns packed into the last episode.
Disappointing that the misogyny was not dealt with more fully, simply announced that the chief perpetrators had been suspended/dismissed and facing sentencing.
And every bit of evidence dependent on technology.

mokryna Tue 06-Oct-26 16:04:43

HaHa

Doodledog Tue 06-Oct-26 14:40:41

mokryna

I would watch a second series but Lewis knows the truth …

He does, but could have secrets of his own . . . 😀

mokryna Tue 06-Oct-26 12:14:25

I would watch a second series but Lewis knows the truth …

Doodledog Tue 06-Oct-26 08:01:10

I suspected him too, but then I suspected all of the others at various points, which to me is how a whodunnit should work 😀.

I liked it more than I expected to, and would watch a series 2 if they made one.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 06-Oct-26 07:56:52

I suspected him from the beginning 🤦‍♀️

I hope there is another series, I like Michelle Keegan as an actress.

Calendargirl Tue 06-Oct-26 07:52:50

I found the last episode a bit disappointing actually.

Even DI Crane has feet of clay.

Another series to follow, of course.

Lovetopaint037 Tue 06-Oct-26 00:08:03

Good idea, Googling the meaning of the end.

2507C0 Mon 05-Oct-26 23:28:23

Just what I was thinking too.

Up2u Mon 05-Oct-26 16:22:55

OH sussed it from episode one

grannybuy Mon 05-Oct-26 15:42:54

I don’t want to cause a spoiler, so I’ll wait until after the last episode has aired before I give my take on it. I’d says it’s open ended.

StoneofDestiny Mon 05-Oct-26 15:38:03

Yes - watched and enjoyed it. Horrifying to find the text messages were from actual serving officers. The ending was meant as a cliffhanger - maybe another series due? In essence it was implying nobody had clean hands.

Susieq62 Mon 05-Oct-26 15:22:11

I can explain if you would like me to ? I suspect they have left it as a cliff hanger so it might be a follow up series.
The text messages were appalling. I suspect it might still go on.

Magenta8 Mon 05-Oct-26 14:47:39

ferry23

On a thread about a programme showing the horrendous mysogyny and extreme violence against women within the police force, there's something of an irony that posters are discussing the looks of the lead female actress.

The same thought struck me.

knspol Mon 05-Oct-26 14:41:52

Am watching this but haven't skipped to the end which I usually do if available. Am enjoying it but at the same time unfortunately thinking it could be very close to real life which is a bit worrying.

mokryna Mon 05-Oct-26 14:30:45

The last episode is tonight, on tv and I am looking forward to watching it.

Tenko Sun 04-Oct-26 12:52:04

Thanks I will Google the end .

Doodledog Sun 04-Oct-26 11:49:33

Eloethan

I didn't understand it either so, thank you Jane, I will google it.

I thought it was an OK series but not as brilliant as some reviews claim.

It was something that had been signalled a couple of times, but I didn't make the connection.

I enjoyed the series. I had suspected the baddies at various points, but to be fair I suspected everyone at one point or another.

Eloethan Sun 04-Oct-26 10:46:53

I didn't understand it either so, thank you Jane, I will google it.

I thought it was an OK series but not as brilliant as some reviews claim.

Doodledog Sun 04-Oct-26 08:31:12

I agree, ferry. Casual comments about women’s appearance are so damaging to how we are viewed, as well as to individuals’ self esteem.

As for the ending, I am confused too - partly as I can’t decide what was seen at the end, so I’m off to Google, too.

Jane43 Sun 04-Oct-26 06:03:29

Lovetopaint037

Yes Tenko, it was the last episode. I too couldn’t quite get my head around it.

I have to confess that after watching the final episode I was a bit bemused so I googled ‘understanding the end of The Blame’ and it helped.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 03-Oct-26 23:11:17

Yes Tenko, it was the last episode. I too couldn’t quite get my head around it.

LadyGracie Sat 03-Oct-26 16:20:17

Take no notice Calendargirl, it was an honest obsevation and did not detract from the excellent programme.

Calendargirl Sat 03-Oct-26 13:19:15

Oh dear LadyGracie, that’s us put in our place for our comments about the lead actress!