Gransnet forums

Chat

Friend enquiry

(7 Posts)
Retired65 Thu 08-Oct-26 16:04:26

I am not sure if this is allowed but here goes
I am anxious to know how an old friend is doing. Unfortunately he won't speak to me. I wondered if there is on anyone on here who lives in Chichester, near the city walls and could find out for me.I don't want to put his name and address on here. Please message me privately on here. Thank you.

Georgesgran Thu 08-Oct-26 17:21:28

Is this simply someone giving you the cold shoulder, or are you actually anxious about his physical or mental wellbeing? I think the Police would be prepared to make a wellness check for the latter if you express your fears for his safety, but please don’t waste their time if you’re just a bit miffed that you’re being ignored.

Retired65 Thu 08-Oct-26 21:24:13

Someone giving me the cold shoulder. He is 83 and lives in his own. His garden backs on to what was the cattle market, now a car park. He is probably fine. I was hoping someone might know him and reassure me that he is ok. I obviously can't put his name and address on here.

Charleygirl5 Thu 08-Oct-26 22:00:37

In my day, staff weren't supposed to give out any information about a patient unless it was next of kin. A relative, where I worked shouldn't have been told anything except he is fine or tired.

Times may have changed.

welbeck Thu 08-Oct-26 22:43:49

That sounds like stalking.
Imagine a man was refusing to take no for an answer from a woman. ??...
Leave him alone.

Graphite Thu 08-Oct-26 22:57:17

My advice would be to ask to have this thread taken down as you are giving away data that could identify this man. He has a right to privacy. If you have a genuine safeguarding concern, call the emergency services.

Fallingstar Thu 08-Oct-26 23:23:12

I agree that this is a breach of another person’s privacy. If this gentleman has given you the cold shoulder then leave him alone unless you are worried about his welfare, in which case contact social services but there is no saying they will be able to help.
Asking people on here to spy on him is not a good idea, and would take this thread down anyway because you have already given information about this man without his say so.