Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Marble Hall, well done!

(30 Posts)
JPB123 Wed 30-Sept-26 20:59:58

This is so well acted.Lesley Manville and Tim McMullan are
great .What a clever story line, written by Anthony Horowitz

GrannyGravy13 Wed 30-Sept-26 21:32:06

Looking forward to nestling down at the weekend at watching this 👍🏻

Calendargirl Wed 30-Sept-26 21:33:13

I’ve read the book, but can’t remember the outcome, so it will be interesting.

eddiecat78 Wed 30-Sept-26 21:35:52

We've just finished watching them all .
Susan's clothes are gorgeous!

Dempie55 Wed 30-Sept-26 22:38:10

But it was set in the South of France, not Greece! The stolen artwork was a painting, not a vase! Why tinker about with the very recently released book? Was it too expensive to film in France?

flump Wed 30-Sept-26 22:57:26

Anthony Horowitz has adapted it for television, so I suppose he can do what he wants with his own work.

HelterSkelter1 Thu 01-Oct-26 06:49:01

Is this a brand new series or a repeat?

Calendargirl Thu 01-Oct-26 06:59:18

HelterSkelter1

Is this a brand new series or a repeat?

Brand new.

HelterSkelter1 Thu 01-Oct-26 07:14:40

Goodoh. I will watch it. I think Lesley Manville is such a good actress..and love her clothes

TerriBull Thu 01-Oct-26 07:17:24

Looking forward to watching, I've read all the Anthony Horowitz books. Maybe I'll save it for the weekend, some viewing to look forward to

Maremia Thu 01-Oct-26 08:13:16

It was most enjoyable.

Barbadosbelle Thu 01-Oct-26 14:31:51

.

Well said!!

Babamaman Thu 01-Oct-26 14:42:53

It’s Brilliant as are the previous series. More please 🤞

Emeraldforest Thu 01-Oct-26 18:29:46

Thank you for the recommendation!

Treebee Thu 01-Oct-26 19:29:05

Enjoying it so far. I found the book very confusing.

HelterSkelter1 Fri 02-Oct-26 04:15:38

I am finding the story line and characters confusing, but still enjoying it. I watched the previous ones with less of a problem keeping up.
Never mind I love her dresses and boots. Shallow? Moi?

Nannan2 Fri 02-Oct-26 08:33:36

Yes its a bit odd,zooming to parts with Atticus and realising oh,its gone to the parts of the novel, then it zooms back to Lesley and you realise its real life again, but i got the hang of it eventually.

NanKate Fri 02-Oct-26 08:35:18

I too don’t know what is going on but am enjoying the good acting, fab clothes and beautiful setting.

Graphite Fri 02-Oct-26 09:41:03

I binge-watched this yesterday into the early hours of today.

Very clever, especially the introduction of DI Ian Blakeney which kind of hints at more to come … and glad that sister Katie’s quiet boyfriend had a purpose in the end!

I felt this story got a bit too “Poirot” as it reached the denouement but it was well done.

The actors must have had a great time playing their characters or different characters in different time periods.

Lesley Manville/Susan Ryeland’s clothes were lovely. You have to have a certain style to be able to pull that off without looking like a wallpaper sample book or a duvet cover.

Harris27 Fri 02-Oct-26 14:17:15

Watched the whole lot and it was fab! Really good telly.

Chocolatelovinggran Fri 02-Oct-26 14:52:39

I want to look like Lesley Manville when I grow up....

Clawdy Fri 02-Oct-26 15:10:04

Yes, enjoying this one.

Calendargirl Fri 02-Oct-26 16:11:28

I like the way she removes her glasses.

Don’t think I do it the same, her way looks very stylish somehow.

👓

V3ra Fri 02-Oct-26 19:49:40

In case anyone doesn't know, the previous two series are Magpie Murders and Moonflower Murders.
I started watching the Moonflower episodes before I realised, then backtracked to the Magpie episodes and started again.
I'm up to episode 3 of Marble Hall now!

HelterSkelter1 Sat 03-Oct-26 06:27:15

I finished it last night. A really good watch and the acting top class..
I liked Lesley in Another Year with Jim Broadbent.
I read she sings and is a dancer turning down being in Hot Gossip when young. Very talented. Love her style. But preferred her hairstyle during the series to the shorter style in the final scenes. Interesting how a few inches off makes such a difference. Did it make her look younger? Maybe. The lipstick was a bit too dark.