Gransnet forums

Travel

Your next holiday must be to where the first holiday you remember , where are you going?g

(66 Posts)
CrazyUSA Fri 31-Jul-26 17:58:27

Great Yarmouth.

Gardenersdelight2 Mon 03-Aug-26 10:49:45

Dawlish Warren

GranEd Mon 03-Aug-26 10:42:42

Cullercoats

Crumbly159 Mon 03-Aug-26 10:40:22

The Hebrides. It might be cooler up there.

Basgetti Mon 03-Aug-26 10:34:35

Bognor Regis

JenniRen Sun 02-Aug-26 22:41:12

But our answers could all be totally fabricated!

BlueBelle Sun 02-Aug-26 22:11:12

You must know so much about us all now 🤣🤣🤣🤣 says Cossy and we know diddly squit about CrazyUSA

But everyone else seems happy to run along with this ‘questions’

LOUISA1523 Sun 02-Aug-26 22:09:33

Jersey

valdali Sun 02-Aug-26 22:07:30

Tenby

JenniRen Sun 02-Aug-26 21:56:50

Colwyn Bay.

The sea was full of jellyfish.

JoyBloggs Sun 02-Aug-26 19:53:35

Stayed in a caravan on a farm near Mold in North Wales. I think it rained every day.

Northernsoulnanna Sun 02-Aug-26 16:02:01

Same memories merlot gran.
Sand dunes are nearly gone

twiglet77 Sun 02-Aug-26 13:20:24

Hayling Island

henetha Sun 02-Aug-26 13:15:28

My first holiday was to Scotland when I was 14 and I clearly remember thinking how beautiful it was,- and it still is.

merlotgran Sun 02-Aug-26 13:13:05

I remember a lovely holiday at Hemsby in 1955. We stayed in a caravan and my brother and I made friends with some of the other children on the site. We spent most of our time playing cowboys and Indians in the sand dunes. 🤠

Northernsoulnanna Sun 02-Aug-26 12:40:19

Hemsby near great yarmouth.(still visit so sad about the erosion i can still remember how huge the beach was in 1961)

25Avalon Sun 02-Aug-26 11:28:03

Jaywick just after the flooding in 53. Ou chalet was full of sea stained furniture and Dad complained so we were moved to a different chalet. Can’t remember anything else about it except we took my auntie as well.

MiniMoon Sun 02-Aug-26 11:22:31

Creetown in Dumfries and Galloway. I don't remember much about ìt, except for the garden. I must have been about 3 years old.

David49 Sun 02-Aug-26 08:45:58

Buckley Flintshire GP had a pub there, for the seaside we went Prestatyn, 1954

nanna8 Sun 02-Aug-26 05:56:04

Broadstairs in the 1950s. I don’t really remember it but I have a photo.

absent Sun 02-Aug-26 05:37:42

Somewhere in the Netherlands to stay with my uncle, aunt and cousins.

mrsnonsmoker Sun 02-Aug-26 01:24:36

1960s, a caravan in Aberystwyth, we travelled from Birmingham in a motor cycle side car. There's a picture of me and my mum up on a mountain with a sheep I must be about 4 I'm clutching her skirt, love that picture (she died when I was 13) and of course, fewer pictures taken in those days so I do treasure it.

Bellanonna Sun 02-Aug-26 00:01:48

Looe, Cornwall

swampy1961 Sat 01-Aug-26 23:19:04

A donkey farm somewhere in Wales!

Wyllow3 Sat 01-Aug-26 23:02:56

I went on a tour of Mars, courtesy Virgin travel.

Humbertbear Sat 01-Aug-26 22:55:13

Jaywick