Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Which perfume is your favourite

(118 Posts)
HeavenLeigh Mon 21-Sept-26 20:25:21

Basically that really, I wear perfume every single day whether I’m out to shops or just pottering about at home,

Ziggy62 Mon 21-Sept-26 20:51:37

Ive been wearing Angel for the last 12 years but only if im going out

foxie48 Mon 21-Sept-26 20:59:36

My favourite is still Chanel no5 but for everyday casual wear I like Anais, Anais by Cacharel which is inexpensive but lasts and for more formal everyday use, Amarige by Givenchy.

Georgesgran Mon 21-Sept-26 20:59:52

Every day for me too - Obsession from 1985 (dallied with Jo Malone for a year) but back solely to the Calvin Klein. I get through 3 bottles a year - one in my bathroom, one in the downstairs loo and one in my car with a mini size in my bag.

Jaxjacky Mon 21-Sept-26 21:03:24

Same Georgesgran but I only spray when I remember!

NotAGran55 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:07:51

Difficult to whittle it down to one, but I’m going for Aesop Marrakech.

Jimjam1 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:09:07

Tom Ford. A birthday treat from my son as it is quite expensive.

nexus63 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:15:11

charlie red for everyday, tweed and coty l'aimant for going out, i try to get panache when i can but it is difficut to buy even on amazon.

Sago Mon 21-Sept-26 21:26:10

Juliette Has A Gun, Not Another Oud.

If anyone asks me what I’m wearing I say I can’t remember😉.

I wore Michael by Michael Kors for years, people often asked what I was wearing, I then started smelling it on other people and stopped wearing it.

kittylester Mon 21-Sept-26 21:29:45

Aromatics by Clinique. I recently flirted with another one but hurried back.

I put it on as part of my routine every morning - that's it.

Witzend Mon 21-Sept-26 21:33:32

Cabotine, fresh and ‘green’.

I used to love Je Reviens.

MT62 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:42:00

Coco at the moment. I don’t really go anywhere to wear it.

sodapop Mon 21-Sept-26 21:42:30

I loved Je Reviens as well Witzend
Now it's Eau Dynamisante during the day and Angel at night ( not that I am much of a night bird now )

MT62 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:43:37

nexus63

charlie red for everyday, tweed and coty l'aimant for going out, i try to get panache when i can but it is difficut to buy even on amazon.

They are ones I haven’t heard of in years

dragonfly46 Mon 21-Sept-26 21:49:33

Angel every day.

Casdon Mon 21-Sept-26 21:49:37

At the moment I’m enjoying YSL Libre, it reminds me of summer.

MarieElla Mon 21-Sept-26 21:57:36

Inis cologne for day wear and Chanel no 5 eau de perfume for evening/nights out.

MartavTaurus Mon 21-Sept-26 22:20:41

Like a couple of others here, Chanel no 5 is my favourite, but I've been wearing Chanel Gabrielle this summer. It's lighter and fruity. Goodness knows why I only bought a small bottle last month on the ferry. I guess I was thinking I'd go back to no 5 soon for autumn and winter wear, but I do like the more modern one.
Gabrielle was Coco's proper name.

NotSpaghetti Mon 21-Sept-26 22:39:04

Today I'm wearing Kenzo - Jungle L'Elephant
Yesterday it was Serge Lutens' Serge Noire in the evening and Escentric Molecules' - Molecule 01 in the daytime.
I like to have several to choose from.

Fairislecable Mon 21-Sept-26 22:42:47

I have worn Azuree by Estée Lauder since I was 17 every day.

I always have 1 bottle in use and a spare in the wardrobe.

I have tried other perfumes and although I like the smell they change to sickly sweet on my skin.

mumofmadboys Mon 21-Sept-26 22:53:23

I've used Anais anais for more years than I care to remember!

M0nica Mon 21-Sept-26 23:00:13

Christian Dior - Diorissimo. A friend sprayed some on me for a party when I was 16 and I have been in love with it ever since.

However, it is a flowery scent -smells of lily-of-the-valley, so very much a spring/summer perfume. In winter I wear Elizabeth Arden - Blue grass. It is a warmer more spicy scent. I first came across it when my mother had some, but she moved on to Je reviens. I styed with Blue grass.

Lomo123 Mon 21-Sept-26 23:03:36

Aromatics Elixir. All time fav.
Other one Juliette has a Gun_ Moscow Mule.

Bukkie Mon 21-Sept-26 23:22:57

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker and White Musk by The Body Shop.

pably15 Mon 21-Sept-26 23:54:04

24 Fabourgh by Hermes, red door, channel no 5...and so many old perfume that they don't make now